Are Internet Speeds Getting Worse?

kyb789

People with 3BB use this in DNS via the router modem ?

I've used Google, 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, but last week there started to be strange problems there with DNS queries not getting through, so I changed to OpenDNS, 208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220 . Can't be bothered with the Thai big brother dns blocks.

People with 3BB use this in DNS via the router modem ?

I've used Google, 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4, but last week there started to be strange problems there with DNS queries not getting through, so I changed to OpenDNS, 208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220 . Can't be bothered with the Thai big brother dns blocks.

Yea fully understand i did also take mine off for a bit when it seemed fine then it all started to go down hill again coffee1.gif

Edited by Notstupid30

Everything seems back to normal now pages are loading with a blink of the eye

I was optimistic too, but a few moments ago, this page has not loaded, only after a refresh....crap

Otherwise, a german news-site with tons of pictures, loads in a few seconds.

Edited by Turkleton

Well the info above, damaged underseas cable, is actually sufficient to explain it all. Its going to be up and down until that is fixed, sometimes better, sometimes worse, although I guess that some ISPs will be more affected than others.

- some ISPs might depend in this cable more than others, eg have bigger allotments of bandwidth on it

- and some ISPs might be better than others in implementing workarounds etc. wouldnt surprise me if TOT was particularly inept in doing that...

Everything seems back to normal now pages are loading with a blink of the eye

I was optimistic too, but a few moments ago, this page has not loaded, only after a refresh....crap

Otherwise, a german news-site with tons of pictures, loads in a few seconds.

Yea very true also just seeing Skysports News via a streaming site seems very perfect in all truth ...

Well the info above, damaged underseas cable, is actually sufficient to explain it all. Its going to be up and down until that is fixed, sometimes better, sometimes worse, although I guess that some ISPs will be more affected than others.

- some ISPs might depend in this cable more than others, eg have bigger allotments of bandwidth on it

- and some ISPs might be better than others in implementing workarounds etc. wouldnt surprise me if TOT was particularly inept in doing that...

Yea good point also depends what there backup servers are like too and also sharing out on each server port ?

Edited by Notstupid30

• 3 weeks later...

True, Internet speeds have been suffering in Thailand especially over the past several years. I've been investigating customer complaints here in the US regarding sluggish Internet speeds once they surf into Thailand.

Most trace routes yield an impressivly low latency from the US Pacific links across to Thailand then as soon as you get inside, its a busy Japanese city street crossing. Most of the issues I have found are with some of the biggies in Thailand such as True Networks. I've made inquires there however no one responded (they may not speak English).

Don't believe me however, check out recent figgures for Thailands Internet consuption, these numbers speak for themselves. As I understand it the govenerment has made some serious regulation changes to allow ISP's to grow more effectivly, however at this rate, they need some serious help. Makes me wish I had a few million USD to invest.

On a slightly un-related note, anyone know of good Thai streaming radio stations? Most I am finding at tunein are saturated and unplayable.

post-163659-0-84668900-1347156643_thumb.

post-163659-0-53470400-1347156724_thumb.