How To Grow A Chicken......

I'm really struggling with setting up my Chicken business, I've done everything right so far, got the land, got the outhouses, feed, chicken wire at a couple of points, but I'm finding it hard to grow a chicken. I planted 12 feathers in a row, fertilized them, and I water them every day, but nothing is happening.

How hard can it be to grow a chicken?...........advice please

• Like 2

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really struggling with setting up my Chicken business, I've done everything right so far, got the land, got the outhouses, feed, chicken wire at a couple of points, but I'm finding it hard to grow a chicken. I planted 12 feathers in a row, fertilized them, and I water them every day, but nothing is happening.

Bletherinng idiot.

Your are supposed to plant the eggs! Loamy soil, three inches deep, lots of water.

Make sure you ah.."service" your chicken first.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

Bletherinng idiot.

Your are supposed to plant the eggs! Loamy soil, three inches deep, lots of water.

Applications of the locally produced Bullsh-t can produce good results. Best collected where the light skinned Singha harvesters can be found.

Just keep your ears open and if you hear in the distance "hansom man" home in on the sound.

Take a large bucket with you and collect all you want

Bletherinng idiot.

Applications of the locally produced Bullsh-t can produce good results. Best collected where the light skinned Singha harvesters can be found.

Just keep your ears open and if you hear in the distance "hansom man" home in on the sound.

Take a large bucket with you and collect all you want

planted few Archer bottles but only got little horses ...maybe 2 hands ...seem to be somewhat inebriated...maybe goats.?..will contact brewery customer service.....to challenge their processes .

Bletherinng idiot.

Wait a minute, wait a minute!!!!...............I'm not falling for that one!!! I know what comes first..........you need to plant the feather to grow the hen, then you get the eggs!!!

Jeez........some people rolleyes.gif

Bletherinng idiot.

Wait a minute, wait a minute!!!!...............I'm not falling for that one!!! I know what comes first..........you need to plant the feather to grow the hen, then you get the eggs!!!

you bean ham bushed!!

Tried hydroponics-cultured ducks ones, with mixed results. The trick was to determine the right length of rope to keep them down and under in one place, with changing waterlevels they did tend to flock together and get entangled. One could lose a whole `crop` that way.

Ones fully grown they were absolutely amazing at synchronized swimming, really!

It had the advantage of them following each other with the same moves, catch one... and the rest of them would just follow. It kept the labor cost down considerably.

Global warming stepped in, the ponds became muddy, mud ducks didn't really ......oh well you get the picture.

post-49345-0-98057500-1332552835_thumb.j

post-49345-0-35698100-1332552866.jpg

Is this a self fertilizing set up?

• Like 1

Bletherinng idiot.

you bean ham bushed!!

You better believe it. That necronx thought he had me there, I might blether a lot but I'm not stupid.

Plant the eggs???? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Jeez......some people biggrin.png

Like many other things, you will likely have better luck buying your chickens already started. It's harder to grow a chicken from scratch than a tree from a seed. Many garden plants are the same story.

Good luck !

Like many other things, you will likely have better luck buying your chickens already started. It's harder to grow a chicken from scratch than a tree from a seed. Many garden plants are the same story.

Good luck !

So what you are saying is, go to the shop, buy one of these guys...............

post-132287-0-16019700-1332596198_thumb.

and then grow chickens?? huh.png

Chickens are not raised. Some ill informed persons here.

They are kept or build, after the original growing that is (post # 4)

Rejected models will be taken apart and send to chicken factories for reconstruction and assembly

These factories have assembly lines for various models, will show the BBQ chicken line (0 trans-fat by the way)

post-49345-0-41797700-1332612693_thumb.j

Edited by Carib

Half-wits!

Use birdseed.

Planting feathers, oh for goodness sake! You'll be planting blokes down the pub next

On that topic I've grown chicken from time to time, but I am blessed with a quick back-pedal...

SC

My ostrich would like to borrow your back pedal ph34r.png

Initially I thought that this photo was you with your search for some new feathers for planting.

Maybe as a boy you remembered seeing those coloured chicks at the local fair and thought this was the way to achieve that end result.

post-104736-0-91696300-1332715590_thumb.

Sadly, I have to say that indeed, this is not a photo of the frustrated chicken farmer as I have it on good authority that while he is indeed from the UK, he would display the Scottish Flag.

Edited by David48

I see you're past the initial @How to make a chicken@ stage now theblether so now maybe you would care to purchase one of the rooster outfits from my fancy dress shop?

You'd better be quick...especially this time of year they are clucking out of the barn, so to squawk.

Remember...happy chicks need fathers.

All donations gratefully received. jap.gif

• Like 1