How To Grow A Chicken......

mmm... how do you guys kill your chickens, sorry to bring a sombre tone to the discussion. I recently read that the chopping block method isn't good for the meat?

I usually tell them a joke

Seriously I would hold legs in left hand, cup head in right with 2 fingers either side of neck and the beak in the palm, then force head back untill you feel the skull seperate from the neck. This will leave a void for the blood to drain into when you hang the chicken. It's not as messy as chopping it's head off. This method also works with rabbits and small thin necked wives

But you don't get to watch them run around bumping into everything. If you are raising boneless chickens it doesn't matter much as they don't run well anyhow.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can i? i know i am late on this thread but i never really learned how farmers grow fried boneless chicken wings. They are the best because instead of sucking off the meat from a bone and get dirty hands i can just use a fork to eat them whole. But then again: I am an idealist.

Can i? i know i am late on this thread but i never really learned how farmers grow fried boneless chicken wings. They are the best because instead of sucking off the meat from a bone and get dirty hands i can just use a fork to eat them whole. But then again: I am an idealist.

Arrange a fancy dress party on the farm. The ones who turn up as two little ducks will always have the best bingo wings.....

• Like 1

DISASTER!!!

and I'm blaming you guys for not noticing!! annoyed.gif

The topic is How To Grow A Chicken!!........I turned my back for a minute and some randy duck snuck up and flucked up my plans by sneakily sexing my feathers!! Now I've been left with half hen half fluckin duck mongrels!! I'm telling you !!! I'm crying fowl at this!!!

Why did you not tell me the birthday party pics were a bit suspect!! Now I've been left with a house full of Flucken Duckens violin.gifIt's a disaster at bath time.......the duck part heads for the water full of enthusiasm and once the jump in they come screeching out like wet hens!! The noise is unbearable!!......

I hate Flucken Duckens..........back to the drawing board sad.png

Edited by theblether

DISASTER!!!

The topic is How To Grow A Chicken!!........I turned my back for a minute and some randy duck snuck up and flucked up my plans by sneakily sexing my feathers!! Now I've been left with half hen half fluckin duck mongrels!! I'm telling you !!! I'm crying fowl at this!!!

Why did you not tell me the birthday party pics were a bit suspect!! Now I've been left with a house full of Flucken Duckens violin.gifIt's a disaster at bath time.......the duck part heads for the water full of enthusiasm and once the jump in they come screeching out like wet hens!! The noise is unbearable!!......

This was ambitious. Couldn't get em to grow wings. Other problem you needed a 1.5m pan to fry the eggs

post-64535-0-22827000-1350374162_thumb.p

post-64535-0-85474500-1350373273_thumb.p

Edited by grimleybob

DISASTER!!!

You're in trouble now you blethering idiot Issan Aussie is looking for you.

post-64535-0-91558500-1350474794_thumb.p

DISASTER!!!

Why did you not tell me the birthday party pics were a bit suspect!! Now I've been left with a house full of Flucken Duckens violin.gif It's a disaster at bath time.......the duck part heads for the water full of enthusiasm and once the jump in they come screeching out like wet hens!! The noise is unbearable!!......

You're in trouble now you blethering idiot Issan Aussie is looking for you.

post-64535-0-91558500-1350474794_thumb.p

Thanks for the tip.....I've gone undercover biggrin.png

DISASTER!!!

Why did you not tell me the birthday party pics were a bit suspect!! Now I've been left with a house full of Flucken Duckens violin.gif It's a disaster at bath time.......the duck part heads for the water full of enthusiasm and once the jump in they come screeching out like wet hens!! The noise is unbearable!!......

Maybe MPB would be interested.

Do you know who the father is? Have you seen any randy ducks about?

SC

Time to get this topic back on the thread (that actually works). It's really a fascinating and informative subject that I have been interested in as I have been growing chickens very successfully for a little over 2 years here in Isaan. I think it boils down to this...different techniques work better in different areas. Factors as temperature, rainfall, humidity, the number and location of temples and their distance from your farm all figure into this equation.

What works best for me is a technique called cloning which I learned from a medicinal herb farmer in California some years ago. Essentially what you do is snip off a piece of the chicken maybe 2mm above and below a node (sometimes called a joint in the case of chickens, the feet are an excellent source for nodes), dip it in rooting hormone (available from most garden supply stores), then bury 2cm deep in sterilized potting soil. This must be done while the chicken is alive or you'll just wind up growing a bunch of dead chickens which bring a seriously reduced price at market. A word of caution: If you are growing cats this technique should be avoided. I've only tried it once and although the yield was excellent my recuperation was long and quite painful (have you ever seen how they do stitches in govt clinics?).

You should see results in 7 to 10 days.

I hope this has been helpful and HAPPY FARMING!

Edited by riceyummm

Time to get this topic back on the thread (that actually works). It's really a fascinating and informative subject that I have been interested in as I have been growing chickens very successfully for a little over 2 years here in Isaan. I think it boils down to this...different techniques work better in different areas. Factors as temperature, rainfall, humidity, the number and location of temples and their distance from your farm all figure into this equation.

What works best for me is a technique called cloning which I learned from a medicinal herb farmer in California some years ago. Essentially what you do is snip off a piece of the chicken maybe 2mm above and below a node (sometimes called a joint in the case of chickens, the feet are an excellent source for nodes), dip it in rooting hormone (available from most garden supply stores), then bury 2cm deep in sterilized potting soil. This must be done while the chicken is alive or you'll just wind up growing a bunch of dead chickens which bring a seriously reduced price at market. A word of caution: If you are growing cats this technique should be avoided. I've only tried it once and although the yield was excellent my recuperation was long and quite painful (have you ever seen how they do stitches in govt clinics?).

You should see results in 7 to 10 days.

I hope this has been helpful and HAPPY FARMING!

Tried that but something went wrong. It was either GM modification or the bedding material

. I used IA's wormcast fertilizer.

post-64535-0-17239600-1351352033_thumb.p

• 9 months later...

I know this is a dead but revived thread, but when I have the space and time I will clear an area in the garden and make a big show of making an enclosed raised planting bed; grading and protecting the soil with netting.

Then I will get a load of small feathers and carefully plant them and ensuring I do so during the morning village rush hour, word will spread of the crazy-farang doing crazy things.

Maybe using clothes-dyes to make the feathers distinct, yellow base with blue spots?

After a few days of being seen to water the planted feathers I will replace them overnight with baby chicks, I assume that the chicks sold at the weekly market are already sex-graded and are the worthless males? They came pre-dyed so I can just add a few blue dots.

If I do this to co-inside with a prominent daytime full moon those that fall for it may well pay for a few bags of special seedling chicks at 10 Baht a pop!

Copyright Cuban !

• Like 2

I believe that it's been shown that the animal came first.

As it's development from a celled blob to which we all trace our roots.

Although the day that live birth become an egg or an egg became a live birth (probably this way round?) would have been an interesting one.

I believe that it's been shown that the animal came first.

As it's development from a celled blob to which we all trace our roots.

Although the day that live birth become an egg or an egg became a live birth (probably this way round?) would have been an interesting one.

Very interesting Cuban...... So can you show or display where you find your evidence because I know that the scientific world have never been able to answer the question.... What came first??? The egg or the chicken?!! I have never ever before heard "BLOB" being used as a technical scientific term before...