Where To Find Artists Supplies, Cheap?

stevehaigh

hi, i want to paint a big mural and will need a lot of acrylic paint, by the liter, not just the little toothpaste tubes you get in the local stationary shop.

i wonder where to the art places in Patong, etc. buy paint? is there a supercheap for artists supplies?

maybe BKK?

thx

I would try TAO or any of the chain paint suppliers. They should have a good selection of pre-mixed or custom colors available in liters. Home Works as well, should have them available for small projects.

I would try TAO or any of the chain paint suppliers. They should have a good selection of pre-mixed or custom colors available in liters. Home Works as well, should have them available for small projects.

i think you are confusing latex wall paint and acrylic paint. different thing altogether, acrylic paint is for artists and usually comes in toothpaste tubes, not gallon cans.

if you are painting something on a wall yes for certain you can use acrylic wall paint purchased from homepro or any hardware that sells paint , get it mixed in a colour chosen from one of the charts ...its water based so easy to clean up... i have used it many times works fine ...

i think you are confusing latex wall paint and acrylic paint. different thing altogether, acrylic paint is for artists and usually comes in toothpaste tubes, not gallon cans.

Not confused at all. Latex is a mix of acrylic, vinyle, and anything else they can put in. 100% acrylic, is just that. Lots of small projects require a small amount of paint, but demand the color retention and durability of pure acrylic. Any contractor needing some paint for a door, or shutters will need this.