What S Your Solution In The Morning After...

pongster303

But the question is about hangover cures. So AA probably is not relevant to this thread as if you dont drink yo udont get a hangover. This thread is for people who choose to drink and the question of if or when they become in need of AA - is a new subject so leave it at that.

Lime and sodas is a good method also, along with a good sit down session of bacon and eggs !! That raises a new question also for another thread ......where is the best place in Bangkok to go for breakfast. In Hanoi, for example, there is a great cafe called Cafe Mocca which does killer king size bacon and eggs and obviously great coffee in the mornings. It's a great place to sit in a quiet street and makes for a good 'after drinking session' venue to try and get rid of the hangover.

Is there somewhere in Bangkok similar ?? Check the new posting to answer !!

If I have even 1 drink,then I will continue on til I am drunk.

I'm happy you found AA then. But I'm curious as to whether you were convinced of this fact before AA brainwashed you or afterwards. Frankly for me such claims fall into the realm of superstition.

My Q is only rhetorical, as I'm sure you will say you knew it beforehand. A couple of temperance grannies took a swing at me in earlier posts, so I felt a response was justified. A lot of evidence is piling up against AA's very unscientific claims about alcoholism, that's all I'm pointing out.

Research on moderation management versus AA:

MMers are less dependent (4.3 dependence symptoms for MMers vs 11.3 for AAs)

Have fewer intoxicated days per month (MM=9.5, AA=12.8)

Report fewer alcohol-related problems (MM=5.6, AA=10.4)

from http://www.doctordeluca.com/Library/SlideS...0APA%202001.htm

Sorry to those who feel this is off topic, but the al-anons started it.

Tips for Moderation Management

Eat a healthy meal before you drink.

Slow down! Never drink more than one alcoholic beverage per hour.

Monitor your alcohol consumption--count your drinks!

Drink non-alcoholic beverages in-between alcoholic ones.

Eat snacks throughout the night.

Drink plenty of water.

Hey all common sense, and what most of the posters to this thread are suggesting.

If anyone wants further info, check

http://www.moderation.org/

http://www.addictionalternatives.com/philosophy/mm.htm

If I have even 1 drink,then I will continue on til I am drunk.

I'm happy you found AA then. But I'm curious as to whether you were convinced of this fact before AA brainwashed you or afterwards. Frankly for me such claims fall into the realm of superstition.

My Q is only rhetorical, as I'm sure you will say you knew it beforehand. A couple of temperance grannies took a swing at me in earlier posts, so I felt a response was justified. A lot of evidence is piling up against AA's very unscientific claims about alcoholism, that's all I'm pointing out.

Research on moderation management versus AA:

MMers are less dependent (4.3 dependence symptoms for MMers vs 11.3 for AAs)

Have fewer intoxicated days per month (MM=9.5, AA=12.8)

Report fewer alcohol-related problems (MM=5.6, AA=10.4)

from http://www.doctordeluca.com/Library/SlideS...0APA%202001.htm

Sorry to those who feel this is off topic, but the al-anons started it.

Tips for Moderation Management

Eat a healthy meal before you drink.

Slow down! Never drink more than one alcoholic beverage per hour.

Monitor your alcohol consumption--count your drinks!

Drink non-alcoholic beverages in-between alcoholic ones.

Eat snacks throughout the night.

Drink plenty of water.

Hey all common sense, and what most of the posters to this thread are suggesting.

If anyone wants further info, check

http://www.moderation.org/

http://www.addictionalternatives.com/philosophy/mm.htm

Commonsense here. Thanks. I took a booze injured friend to AA some years ago. The way they ran it frightened me.

That is right,This thread is not about not drinking but about what to do after you have had to much.

AA is only for those that do not wish to drink anymore,,and moderation is impossible for a real alcoholic.

anyone that is interested can get and read the book,It is for sale at most AA meetings,It is a big blue hardbound book called Alcoholics Anonymous,and in recent years they have printed a smaller paperback version but it is condensed.

Dr.PP, Every AA group is autonomous,and each is run the way that the group sees fit,so every group is different. You see, There are no hard and fast rules in AA, I would recommend that you read the book before giving advise or comments about AA.It won't take you long to read the first 165 pages and that is the way it works.

Kevin, AA may work for some people, but statistics indicate that mopderation management works better for most people. Relapsing into binge drinking, for example, is statistically more likely if you are an AA member than if you practice moderation management.

Moreover, experts on addiction have found AA's definitions and prescriptions for 'alcoholic' and 'addiction' to be lacking scientific method. How could one blue book emblazoned with the name of the org be the be-all and end-all of the subject? Sounds suspiciously biblical ...

Sab. You seem to be set on badmouthing AA, But we are not talking about most people,I was refering to the real alcoholic,and statistics might show what ever the people polled said,but moderation did not work for me,I tried and failed,and with AA I have been sober for over 22 years,my sponsor was over 50 yrs when he died and I have known a lot of people that had maintained for over the half century mark.

And the experts on addiction might find a lot of things,But alcohol is not addictive, Alcoholism is a disease very similar to diabetis,the injestion of alcohol upsets the blood chemistry and causes a craving for more alcohol. It is both a physical and a mental craving,so there fore no medical prescriptions are of any use.

I would suggest that you read and remember what is in the first 165 pages of the book and understand what you have read,then we can get together and talk about it,til then this is the last on the subject from me. LIVE AND LET LIVE--ONE DAY AT A TIME..

Gentleman; It gets very serious to me when someones life is at stake, and their happiness and the family is threatened.

And when someone that is either in denial or doesn't have the disease of alcoholism starts to badmouth the only thing that really works for people like myself. It is hard enough for alkies to go to that first meeting, I did the same thing until the only thing left for me was death.

It is very easy to not take that first drink,and you can't get drunk without it,but is impossible to not take the second for the real alcoholic.

Drinking a lot of water will reduce the hangover but will not eliminate it.

Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of it is to drink again the next day and ONE drink will do the trick.

The only problem, can you drink only one drink (being one beer, one whisky, whatever) the next day and stop afterwards?

If not, just do not drink and wait for one more day and you will feel fine,...

Kev, I'm only criticizing religious cultism masquerading as bad science, whether it's AA or any other imitative 12-step program. Despite what its stronger advocates claim, AA doesn't have a monopoly on solutions to dealing with alcohol abuse.

Interesting analogy with diabetes. If you had diabetes would you join a 12-step program? Or would you look for a method backed by more predictive statistics?

I'm glad you're sober and that abstinence has worked well for you. You're on the slim side of the statistical balance, according to experts on drinking. All power to you, my friend.