"Why I Stopped In The Middle Of The Road For No Apparent Reason..."

connda

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because I brake for air.

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because I thought I saw a ghost in the crosswalk

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because I have dementia and I'm totally confused.

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because I'm a good Buddhist and I brake for insects.

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because I ran out of gas.

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because I'm at a T-intersection and I don't have a clue which way to go.

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because even though there is a concrete divider between my lane and merging traffic, you never know when another car will sprout wings, fly into my lane, and hit me.

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because my wife is in the car, my mia noi just called, and I need to turn the phone off and explain to the wife that it was just a wrong number.

• Like 2

I came over the brow of a hill (zero visibility) only to find a local on his 'bike in the middle of the lane having a chat on his 'phone!

There was lots of room on the side of the road, but for some obscure reason he thought the middle of the lane was completely acceptable ohmy.png .

I stopped in the middle of the road because of laos khao.

I came over the brow of a hill (zero visibility) only to find a local on his 'bike in the middle of the lane having a chat on his 'phone!

There was lots of room on the side of the road, but for some obscure reason he thought the middle of the lane was completely acceptable ohmy.png .

Probably a better signal?

jb1

Well you know, motorized vehicles are still a new thing to people here. It will take at least one more generation before we can see change in behavior. Let's face it, they are just acting normal like when walking you dont bump into other people. Same with the wild animals, they can stop and don't risk that someone will run into them. It's quite normal behaviour really. wink.png

I stopped in the middle of the road because I finally remembered the formula to sustainable nuclear fusion and I needed a minute to postulate the application potential. But then I remembered we got electricity back at the village now, so no longer necessary.

• Like 2

I think you mean............

I schlopped in the miggle of der road becosh of lao kao.

I saw a nose hair that needed plucking

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because I got my finger stuck while picking my nose and I can't drive one handed.

• Like 1

... to add some more chilli sauce and mix it in

... to open another beer, fill my glass with ice and pour

... so I could concentrate on a very interesting political debate on BBC Radio 4

... I didn't stop; the road was just moving in the same direction

I saw a nose hair that needed plucking

I stopped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason because I got my finger stuck while picking my nose and I can't drive one handed.

Examining pick-finger: "Crivvens! How did THAT get up there?"

I stopped in the middle of the road because ... because... who cares? It could be for any one of a number of reasons... some of which might be valid. 60 years ago my father taught me to NEVER drive or ride beyond my vision and ability to stop. That was never more true than when riding or driving in Asia. There is almost always something blocking the road around a corner.

Asians double and triple park anywhere and everywhere. Everyone seems to follow their own set of rules but for some strange reason it seems to work out. People want something at the local 7-11 so they stop in the road and park to do their shopping, People come home for lunch a park in front of their home, and in doing so effectively elimenate one whole lane of traffic. About the ONLY place I see some semblance of order is in the big shopping malls. I just find it funny to see people drive around for 15 minutes just to get another 30 meters closer to the store when they could easily save time and park at the outside edges, and walk the extra distance.

I stopped in the middle of the road because ... because... who cares? It could be for any one of a number of reasons... some of which might be valid. 60 years ago my father taught me to NEVER drive or ride beyond my vision and ability to stop. That was never more true than when riding or driving in Asia. There is almost always something blocking the road around a corner.

Asians double and triple park anywhere and everywhere. Everyone seems to follow their own set of rules but for some strange reason it seems to work out. People want something at the local 7-11 so they stop in the road and park to do their shopping, People come home for lunch a park in front of their home, and in doing so effectively elimenate one whole lane of traffic. About the ONLY place I see some semblance of order is in the big shopping malls. I just find it funny to see people drive around for 15 minutes just to get another 30 meters closer to the store when they could easily save time and park at the outside edges, and walk the extra distance.

Precisely. The topic is funny 'cos its so true AND, we are all alive (so driving reasonably) and able to laugh about it tongue.png .

Precisely. The topic is funny 'cos its so true AND, we are all alive (so driving reasonably) and able to laugh about it tongue.png .

Not having an accident is not evidence of driving sufficiently safely. A safe driver ought to be able to drive for several thousand years without having a fatal accident. Zero is the target, and that can never be exceeded.

Thais seem to drive with a village mentality, but sadly they rely on other people to design their vehicles, which are not village vehicles.

SC