Thai-Chinese Girlfriends & Temples

This is another new thead that I'm about to start here on Thaivisa.

As you may have guessed, I'm bored.

I'm bored because my exotic Thai-Chinese girlfriend has gone to spend a few days at a temple.

Usually she just goes to a JOSS HOUSE. I don't know what she does in a JOSS HOUSE, but it generally never takes too long. This is a kind of Chinese thing.

But on Saturday ....... she checked in to a Buddhist temple. And she won't check out until Tuesday afternoon.

She has to stay at the temple and wear white robes. She has to go to bed early and she has to wake up early. She is not allowed to use mobile devices.

I can't contact her at all, and I really do miss her a lot.

Does your girlfriend or wife ever stay in temples? If so, why? And how does it help or benefit her?

Regards

Well it's a topic worth of discussion but, unfortunately MBP, I think your previous posts will dictate the responses you receive here.

Sad ... because it might been fun to toss the subject around.

I agree - the topics can potentially develop into an interesting thread if handled skillfully by all who contribute.

This thread has the potential of another on-seam delivery, but the wicket is covered and silly mid-off has given up due to successive poor deliveries... MPB... soften the ball first, apply the spin later...

And if no one gets the above comment (which is particularly british - sorry) ... I'll swing back on topic:

A friends wife did do the retreat, 3 days, came back relaxed, she appeared to enjoy it. I wouldn't, others (men and women do). I might give it a try in the future. But first, I think a book on the beach for 3 days does something similar - its about relaxation, the techniques vary, some manage themselves, others like to be given guidance...

I used to mediate in my own way, it was on a windsurf in strong conditions with a 4sqm sail on a lightly choppy lake - I forgot the world and magically felt at one with everything and anything... a night dive comes close to what I imagine meditation could achieve but I'd need an hour to drift off on the bottom of a shallow (5-10m) very dark bay...

The OP's lady friend may be experiencing some degree of self doubt, financial worries or possibly relationship issues. Could also be related to substance abuse, gambling or concerns about infidelity.

Or it could be just a yeast infection but most likely the new bra she bought is too tight.

• Like 2

Why don't you start a cricket thread.

May be more interesting.

Are you a bowler or a batsman?

Or -- let me guess -- did you bat at number 11 and field at third man?

I guess he kept score and came on a substitute fielder occasionally

Why don't you start a cricket thread.

May be more interesting.

Are you a bowler or a batsman?

Or -- let me guess -- did you bat at number 11 and field at third man?

I guess he kept score and came on a substitute fielder occasionally

and made the sandwiches for lunch Edited by brit1984

"I'm bored because my exotic Thai-Chinese girlfriend has gone to spend a few days at a temple."

"Does your girlfriend or wife ever stay in temples? If so, why? And how does it help or benefit her?"

It probably benefits her coming to total relisation that she has hooked herself up with a total unexotic plonker, & planning the "perfect escape"

• Like 2

While I find the jokes about the OP's Thai-Chinese girlfriend rather funny, I doubt he has a Thai-Chinese girlfriend... or a girlfriend... or a friend... just saying

What other country likes Cricket?

Edited by kerryk

While I find the jokes about the OP's Thai-Chinese girlfriend rather funny, I doubt he has a Thai-Chinese girlfriend... or a girlfriend... or a friend... just saying

What other country likes Cricket?

Guernsey, amongst others.

I don't see why he doesn't just go down the pub with his imaginary mates, same as the rest of us.

Or, if times are hard, go to work, again, same as the rest of us.

Cricket is a great way of filling up the TV schedules, and generally, the commentary is very restful on the ears, so long as they don't digress, or exhibit a sense of humour.

If we wanted aimless ramblings by people who think they're funny, we'd come here

SC

Didnt OP ask the gf about why she checked herself into the temple?

By the way, maybe not related to this situation, but a male friend of mine had his gf doing the same, for 2 weeks that was. She returned with a wig on her head.

No kidding.