Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies

My extraordinarily exotic Thai-Chinese girlfriend is playing the short con.

She's clever. Very clever.

Her lies make the lies of an Isaan prostitute look like the lies of amateur.

The key to it all is the way she repeats "I'm honest. I'm different".

Secondly, she's very evasive when it comes to discussing issues re: finances and expenditure.

Thirdly, her cousin has just married a farang. The cousin is a divorcee, and I have reason to believe that they stitched up the farang for Sin Sod.

I'm being played.

In this situation, what do you guys do?

1. trust your instincts and bail out immediately

2. test the water a bit more; adopt a sort of "wait and see" attitude; take you time

3. say "mai pen rai"; stop being so cynical; attempt to resolve things gradually

OP, think you know the answer. Me, seen it many times and the reason is they think your (farang) stupid. Walk.

Yep -- but I think I'll walk rather than run.

I'll tell you something. The older I get, the more I realize that the best friend I've got is my mum.

My mum can see through all of this shit in ways you can't believe!

What makes the alarm ring:

"The key to it all is the way she repeats "I'm honest. I'm different".

Why she is thinking of that, if she don't know about it.

"Thirdly, her cousin has just married a farang. The cousin is a divorcee, and I have reason to believe that they stitched up the farang for Sin Sod.

My Thai-Chinese wife was bankrupt in the 1997 crises, but would never take some free money. She would rater starve then go that low. As well she tells me again and again: For developed people the Sin Sod is symbolic.

You pay the Sin Sod and get it back next morning, or even pay just with a symbolic cheque.

Or you pay the Sin Sod and the parents pay the car/downpayment for house which you want with it.

Or ........and they give you x rai land.

Or very outside they buy gold and give it for your wife.

And there is no Sin Sod for second hand, but even more symbolic Sin Sod may exist in the meaning like the previous thing never happend.

Of course variations may exist. Think if you can't discuss money now, how you can discuss it later or when there are problems. Make the experiment: Some very unlucky thing happens and you are complete out of money but she has money would she finance you?

If there are doubts: Tell you go for cigarets and never come back.....Things get worse not better as longer as you know each other only after decades it is getting better again.

No trust on the beginning no trust forever.

Bail now. The longer you stay, regardless of reason, the deeper you get and the more lingering effects it will have on your psyche, i.e. bitterness, distrust, animosity. Why do that to yourself? Not worth it. Take care of yourself first. You'll be glad you did. There are many more out there to choose from.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

• Like 1

I think the OP already knows the answers. He is just like many other naive farang gullibles in that he prefers to believe in a fairy tale wonderland where dreams come true and the realities of life are kept locked far away on the other side of the universe.

The reason our MediumPaceBowler is reluctant to give responses to questions is probably because he is not receiving the answers that he wishes to hear. Another trait of the lovesick gullible farang.

The wise man says; just play the game, cough up with whatever the girl desires and then make the decision whether to stay or call it a day later on, because as often is characteristic of the naive farang gullibles, they never believe it until the crap hits the fan, so any advice given is futile in these cases and hardly worth the effort of replying because the messages do not sink in.

As harsh as this sounds, unfortunately it is fact.

Why settle for one when you can have several? Of course, if you are desperate for a family and an end to single life freedom then go for it. Who cares what it costs. Once you are married then the great sex you're presently having is pretty much over anyway.

I think the OP already knows the answers. He is just like many other naive farang gullibles in that he prefers to believe in a fairy tale wonderland where dreams come true and the realities of life are kept locked far away on the other side of the universe.

The reason our MediumPaceBowler is reluctant to give responses to questions is probably because he is not receiving the answers that he wishes to hear. Another trait of the lovesick gullible farang.

The wise man says; just play the game, cough up with whatever the girl desires and then make the decision whether to stay or call it a day later on, because as often is characteristic of the naive farang gullibles, they never believe it until the crap hits the fan, so any advice given is futile in these cases and hardly worth the effort of replying because the messages do not sink in.

As harsh as this sounds, unfortunately it is fact.

But who are we to rob them of their experience? I've said before....... I'm pleased I enjoyed my broad and entertaining experiences of Thailand without the constraint of advice from the internet websites.......some poor sods will never enjoy their experiences because they carry the constant niggle of doubt and caution so eagerly and effortlessly planted in the internet generalisation threads

Why settle for one when you can have several? Of course, if you are desperate for a family and an end to single life freedom then go for it. Who cares what it costs. Once you are married then the great sex you're presently having is pretty much over anyway.

Only true for some Ian.......in my experience.....

Good point and it could be purchased at a fraction of the costs at almost any corner.

• Like 1

Good point and it could be purchased at a fraction of the costs at almost any corner.

yep great passion with your tool encased in plastic.....wow.....gotta say I really do prefer sex without the sensation numbing protection, but if you are looking for cheaper, and fully wrapped up protected sex every time.......yep go for short time...I guess over the years you can get used to it

Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies is apt for this thread.

And as I guessed the OP has taken a powder and disappeared.

He is probably sitting at his table working out his finances trying to estimate whether or not he can afford that sin sot, the gold and to pay the bank loan owing on her parents buffalo farm.

I doubt whether the OP will reappear so some of you maybe relieved to know that I’m chucking it in for tonight. But please don’t despair because I’lllllllll be back in the morning.

yep great passion with your tool encased in plastic.....wow.....gotta say I really do prefer sex without the sensation numbing protection, but if you are looking for cheaper, and fully wrapped up protected sex every time.......yep go for short time...I guess over the years you can get used to it

It's all in somewhat of a balance. In my case I only use "protection" with one of my three ladies. The others are taking the pill and I'm their only lover. But, I was just pointing out that a man's ardour wains after several years with the same partner. And, if your partner is not interested in sex then it's hard to maintain any interest yourself. I'm speaking from personal experiences as well as heart to heart talks with male friends. I know at least a dozen men married for over 10 years that have sex only about once a month or less. When your wife has put on 30 or 40 pounds and is no longer the beauty you once knew it's hard to get too interested when she peels off her clothing and puts on a flanel gown before getting into bed. I look around at my friends wives, and not one appeals to me. And, even the women of any age that I see wandering through the super market, I can't say I would take one in 50 to bed with me... even if they were interested... which they aren't.

Like I've said several times, marriage is mostly for people who want to raise a family together. I've done that and now would prefer to be single. Life is what you make of it, but you have to understand that things DO change over time. What you knew for certain in your 30s is seldom what you believe in your 60s.

It's all in somewhat of a balance. In my case I only use "protection" with one of my three ladies. The others are taking the pill and I'm their only lover. But, I was just pointing out that a man's ardour wains after several years with the same partner. And, if your partner is not interested in sex then it's hard to maintain any interest yourself. I'm speaking from personal experiences as well as heart to heart talks with male friends. I know at least a dozen men married for over 10 years that have sex only about once a month or less. When your wife has put on 30 or 40 pounds and is no longer the beauty you once knew it's hard to get too interested when she peels off her clothing and puts on a flanel gown before getting into bed. I look around at my friends wives, and not one appeals to me. And, even the women of any age that I see wandering through the super market, I can't say I would take one in 50 to bed with me... even if they were interested... which they aren't.

Like I've said several times, marriage is mostly for people who want to raise a family together. I've done that and now would prefer to be single. Life is what you make of it, but you have to understand that things DO change over time. What you knew for certain in your 30s is seldom what you believe in your 60s.

I assume rather tongue in cheek???

I suspect lots of Farangs have good long term wives or GFs and pretty good comfortable relationships but probably don't spout about it on the www?

Billy Joel's lyrics "She's always a woman" pretty much hits the nail on the head methinks.

As for the OP... let him make his own mistakes......lots of trucks on the lot if his current choice of model backfires