Scam Alert - What To Do?

Nip

I think the OP already knows the answers. His friend is just like many other naive farang gullibles in that he prefers to believe in a fairy tale wonderland where dreams come true and the realities of life are kept locked far away on the other side of the universe.

The reason that I believe it is not worth getting involved because the OPs friend would only want to listen to advice he wants to hear. Another trait of the lovesick gullible farang.

The wise man says; just play the game, cough up with whatever the girl desires and then make the decision whether to stay or call it a day later on, because as often is characteristic of the naive farang gullibles, they never believe it until the crap hits the fan, so any advice given is futile in these cases and hardly worth the effort of falling out and losing a friendship over something that this German guy has already made his mind up to do, regardless of how dumb his actions may appear.

As harsh as this sounds, unfortunately it is fact.

post-110219-0-18642800-1334133565_thumb.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't only happen in Thailand. An Australian man in his sixties, a medical professional, was taken down for a couple of million AUD by an introduction agency.

All men are bastards, so they say, and some men are obviously masochists.

Two more:

1. Australian professor of business sets his sheart up sweetheart in a business which sweetheart knows nothing about and sweetherat has no education or previous business experience whatever and it's a highly competitive industry. Costs to set up over 10Million Baht. Professor has to rush home a couple of days before opening day. Sweetheart flounders on day one and is in shock. Ruthless local business man walks in and offers her 1million cash on the spot. She accepts and flees.

A true story, and let's be honest the 'ruthless local business man' could be from any country in the world

2. Famous australian lawyer, severe alcoholic, decides to buy a beautiful, large, expensive, almost new, fully firnished house with land and pool and signs an agreement. On settlement day the staff at the land title office want a document completed to indicate what name to transfer the chanut to.

He's already very drunk, and he's accompanied by the 'off' from last night. He knows very well he cannot use his name and he's given no thought whatever to the 'name on the chanut canundrum', so he tells the companion to write her name for the transfer document.

Companion moves in plus all family. Lawyer gets bundled out about two weeks later, and looking for another house to buy.

True story.

In both of these cases the farang are as much to blame as anybody else.

Edited by scorecard

It doesn't only happen in Thailand. An Australian man in his sixties, a medical professional, was taken down for a couple of million AUD by an introduction agency.

Two more:

1. Australian professor of business sets his sheart up sweetheart in a business which sweetheart knows nothing about and sweetherat has no education or previous business experience whatever and it's a highly competitive industry. Costs to set up over 10Million Baht. Professor has to rush home a couple of days before opening day. Sweetheart flounders on day one and is in shock. Ruthless local business man walks in and offers her 1million cash on the spot. She accepts and flees.

A true story, and let's be honest the 'ruthless local business man' could be from any country in the world

2. Famous australian lawyer, severe alcoholic, decides to buy a beautiful, large, expensive, almost new, fully firnished house with land and pool and signs an agreement. On settlement day the staff at the land title office want a document completed to indicate what name to transfer the chanut to.

He's already very drunk, and he's accompanied by the 'off' from last night. He knows very well he cannot use his name and he's given no thought whatever to the 'name on the chanut canundrum', so he tells the companion to write her name for the transfer document.

Companion moves in plus all family. Lawyer gets bundled out about two weeks later, and looking for another house to buy.

True story.

if this lawyer is famous ,whats his name ?

i find it hard to believe a lawyer just woke up with a hooker and brought her to sign his house deeds in her name :)

Two more:

True story.

Don't know about the first story but the second is totally bogus. As a former drunk lawyer myself, firstly, the process indicated is not how property deals are done and secondly, I've seen a lot of other drunk lawyers and no matter what, they would never put a strangers name on their title. Now they might put their name on a stranger's title, but that's another story.

Two more:

True story.

if this lawyer is famous ,whats his name ?

i find it hard to believe a lawyer just woke up with a hooker and brought her to sign his house deeds in her name smile.png

Well I'm not going to reveal the lawyer's name, but he's lived in Thailand in retirement for quite a few years and is well aware of Thai law and some years back gave invited special lectures at the law schools of at least two Thai Unis. that I'm aware of.

He's been a heavy drinker for many years but for the last ten years or so has been a severe alcoholic, basically never sober, has a bottle of whisky on his bedsie table, and drinks at least one glass with water before he gets up late morning. (And I guess there's ,many more like him in Thailand.)

He's a wealthy man (old family wealth), nowadays makes very poor judgments about many things, he's a mess, loses large bundles of cash continuously, agrees to plans for dinner, outings etc., then on most occasions doesn't turn up.

Edited by scorecard

I've heard of BGs throwing their phones at their foreign boyfriends but this brings it to a whole new Predator-style of shit level!

It's amazing that TV members will believe absolutely anything negative about Thai women. Well done Mr. Nip...you sly dog.

I'm not saying this particular story is accurately reported, perhaps a complete fabrication, but the theme is 100% common, many thousands fleeced just like this every year, perhaps per month who knows.

If you think otherwise you're very very naive and be careful.

Here's my favorite out of hundreds living here 12 years:

Walking the miracle mile along Sukhumvit around 2:30 am, about to give up for the evening, and although I walk pretty fast, a very comely young lass passed me in the even-faster lane booking down Nana Neua. I broke into a trot and engaged her in the usual deep-and-meaningful introductory banter. She indicated she had a prior engagement, but since I was so dumbfounded to encounter a Thai capable of walking quickly, especially since she was especially lovely and these are usually especially lazy, I convinced her to give me her mobile so we could keep in touch.

I called her to chat a couple of times, and then a couple of weeks later when I was back in the neighborhood, I asked if we could meet for an exercise session, she agreed, and further flabbergasted me by inviting me to visit her at her condo near the top of a building I was familiar with from having tutored a wealthy Thai's mia noi down at the end of Soi 8, big pool on the roof, full gym, maid service the works.

OK, cut to the chase you say - this girl had been living in this condo for the past year and a half, which her Swiss "boyfriend" had purchased specifically for this purpose. He also sends her THB 40,000 per month for living expenses, plus shopping expeditions, jewelry, the works. In exchange she is his travelling companion to the southern beaches when he comes over, no more than two weeks at a time every four or five months. In the meantime, she was working (if you call it that) entertaining other men to get additional pocket money on the side, usually meeting them just walking around the shopping malls or in the streets - she bemoaned the fact that she couldn't work the all-night discos because - here's the punch line: she was 17 years old.

I have nothing but admiration for this girl, a rare pearl and deserving of every baht ever given her. I just hope she was putting some of that away for a rainy day, something rarer here than even a fast walker. . .

I've heard of BGs throwing their phones at their foreign boyfriends but this brings it to a whole new Predator-style of shit level!

It's amazing that TV members will believe absolutely anything negative about Thai women. Well done Mr. Nip...you sly dog.

I'm not saying this particular story is accurately reported, perhaps a complete fabrication, but the theme is 100% common, many thousands fleeced just like this every year, perhaps per month who knows.

If you think otherwise you're very very naive and be careful.

Here's my favorite out of hundreds living here 12 years:

Walking the miracle mile along Sukhumvit around 2:30 am, about to give up for the evening, and although I walk pretty fast, a very comely young lass passed me in the even-faster lane booking down Nana Neua. I broke into a trot and engaged her in the usual deep-and-meaningful introductory banter. She indicated she had a prior engagement, but since I was so dumbfounded to encounter a Thai capable of walking quickly, especially since she was especially lovely and these are usually especially lazy, I convinced her to give me her mobile so we could keep in touch.

I called her to chat a couple of times, and then a couple of weeks later when I was back in the neighborhood, I asked if we could meet for an exercise session, she agreed, and further flabbergasted me by inviting me to visit her at her condo near the top of a building I was familiar with from having tutored a wealthy Thai's mia noi down at the end of Soi 8, big pool on the roof, full gym, maid service the works.

OK, cut to the chase you say - this girl had been living in this condo for the past year and a half, which her Swiss "boyfriend" had purchased specifically for this purpose. He also sends her THB 40,000 per month for living expenses, plus shopping expeditions, jewelry, the works. In exchange she is his travelling companion to the southern beaches when he comes over, no more than two weeks at a time every four or five months. In the meantime, she was working (if you call it that) entertaining other men to get additional pocket money on the side, usually meeting them just walking around the shopping malls or in the streets - she bemoaned the fact that she couldn't work the all-night discos because - here's the punch line: she was 17 years old.

I have nothing but admiration for this girl, a rare pearl and deserving of every baht ever given her. I just hope she was putting some of that away for a rainy day, something rarer here than even a fast walker. . .

The above quotation is not mine.

did you ever pay tax in Germany?

Mrs. Merkel is taking the other half of that poor guys money.....but doesn't deliver any pleasure.

You don't want pleasure to be delivered by this... woman(?). You surely don't... or do you?

angela_merkel.jpg

giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

you are causing me nightmares.....

forget it if hes young hell get over it and be less stupid in future. Sad thing is hell probably end up hating all Thai ladies thinking they all cheat and while most hardened bar girls do by no means all. Most just Consider they have more than one husband and noone seems sorry for ladies who get a forang who cheats promises a lot and basically then dumps them.

And yes mines different after 17 years shes cleaned me out totally jap.gif but then I let her or rather I gave it all freely without any pressure to do so. People still say im totally stupid but I dont need much money and so why should my wife and kids not get it all. So far ive not been trusted with my trust.

Its sad seeing all those forang totally obsessed with trying to protect their money from their wives and when one of those gets stung I believe it serves them right for trying to buy a wife. Those who think like that should just rent

Anyway I overheard a telephone conversation between this Isaan woman his girl friend and another Thai woman in the airport

Congratulations to your fluency in the Thai/Isaan language. I'm impressed. smile.png

Yes, that and the amazing amount of detail he managed to glean just casually eavesdropping on complete strangers. It's amazing that TV members will believe absolutely anything negative about Thai women. Well done Mr. Nip...you sly dog.

When you speak and understand Thai a whole new world opens up. One that many don't know exists but that is for another day. All those nasty racist Thai expressions that are missed. What detail? I knew she was going to Phuket because she and her boyfriend were waiting on the same flight as me. And eavesdropping? He spoke German and I estimated he was 38 years old. He also had a Bayern Munich t-shirt on. His Isaan girl friend was bragging loudly to her friend on the other end of the phone about how she took this gullible chef again this time for another 200K Baht and that she was going to dump him as he was running out of money. I have lived here quite a while I knew making this post would leave me open to ridicule but I covered myself by starting the post by saying it was none of my business and finishing it by saying that this man would perhaps not heed any negative advice about his Isann girl friend. Which I believe. I just hoped that somebody out there knew this man and could perhaps allay his fears.

Anyway I overheard a telephone conversation between this Isaan woman his girl friend and another Thai woman in the airport

Congratulations to your fluency in the Thai/Isaan language. I'm impressed. smile.png

Yes, that and the amazing amount of detail he managed to glean just casually eavesdropping on complete strangers. It's amazing that TV members will believe absolutely anything negative about Thai women. Well done Mr. Nip...you sly dog.

When you speak and understand Thai a whole new world opens up. One that many don't know exists but that is for another day. All those nasty racist Thai expressions that are missed. What detail? I knew she was going to Phuket because she and her boyfriend were waiting on the same flight as me. And eavesdropping? He spoke German and I estimated he was 38 years old. He also had a Bayern Munich t-shirt on. His Isaan girl friend was bragging loudly to her friend on the other end of the phone about how she took this gullible chef again this time for another 200K Baht and that she was going to dump him as he was running out of money. I have lived here quite a while I knew making this post would leave me open to ridicule but I covered myself by starting the post by saying it was none of my business and finishing it by saying that this man would perhaps not heed any negative advice about his Isann girl friend. Which I believe. I just hoped that somebody out there knew this man and could perhaps allay his fears.

why are people even surprised a guy can hear about a thai hooker and her friend talking about scamming a farang ?coffee1.gif

would you all be equally surprised if someone heard a fish swims in water ?

a creature in its natural habitat springs to mind .........hit-the-fan.gif

i think this is a disgraceful portrayal of Thai women that too many foreigners subscribe to.

Was he smiling when he handed over his money?

If so how can you say he is not doing so out of the goodness of his heart.

These women are providing a service, keeping men who feel the need to take care of a sweet young thing employed and happy doing just that.

Until reality is dropped squarely on his head. As far as providing a service, yes if engaging with a known bar girl and contracting for specific services. The OP said finace and marriage. Her words are hardly what her fiance would want to hear. The outcome will be yet another scorned farang who was stung by the good girl act when in fact she is a predator. Is it any wonder why there are so many bitter farang that have fallen victim to the wily ways of Thai women.

I find it interesting that you support her actions.

I find it interesting that you support her actions.

I don't think anyone is "supporting" her actions.

More like we've seen it so many times, we've tried to warn hundreds of guys that just refuse to believe such possibilities about their teelac and have been brainwashed to trust women and treat them as equal partners.

And maybe some just don't care, should we take his side just because he's a guy? Or just because he's a farang? It's not that anyone's supporting her, just don't give a hoot, far worse injustices being done to less deserving victims all around us every day, not our job to save the world, in fact in Thailand you mess with someone's rice bowl you're likely to be the next victim and you won't even know where it came from.K

If you want a long and healthy life here, keep your head down, your nose clean and out of everybody else's business.

PS And since when is marriage not a contract for services? Just a long-term one that's a bit harder and more expensive to disengage. In this context it's just "long con" vs short, otherwise just the same. Sometimes true love emerges over time if both partners work hard at it, but I reckon less than 10%. . .

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

If you are for reals, my apologies. I'm sure you know that we get this type of troll-topic regularly. And it's believable because this sort of farang-fleecing happens everyday. So this Isaan girl was talking to her friend while the sucker...eh, German guy was right next to her? Brazen, to say the least.

And though he did not see the other person he knows it's she and she is at the airport

A skill most do not have

did you ever pay tax in Germany?

Mrs. Merkel is taking the other half of that poor guys money.....but doesn't deliver any pleasure.

You don't want pleasure to be delivered by this... woman(?). You surely don't... or do you?

angela_merkel.jpg

giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

W Bush seemed to. Remember when he gave her an impromptu neck massage at some summit?

Damned mama's boy.

And though he did not see the other person he knows it's she and she is at the airport

A skill most do not have

As you post under the name of Jeffrey I must assume you are a male and since she was conversing with P Nok Lek I must assume that it was a girl? A not very skillful deduction...

Lets add a little balance here. There are also many farang 'residents' who cheat on their Thai wifes, some with little to zero attempt to cover their tracks.

If by "cheating" you're talking about sexual infidelity, that's only immoral when deception is involved - not "covering your tracks" is actually more ethical than doing so. All my partners are fully informed that I consider monogamy to be impossible in the long term, and while few are fully OK with it on an emotional level, they're aware from the get go that's the way it is. As long as they are secure in the relationship, I'm not spending too much money on my dalliances, you don't rub their noses in it, cause them to lose face publicly, no one can know that they know, most Thai will women understand and look the other way.

But of course it's a lot more work to set things up that way, most guys are lazy and just cheat and lie.