How Do You Hold The Stearing Wheel?

Semper

10 to 2, or one handed with thumb and forefinger, maybe some other techniques?

And how far away is your position from the wheel (straight arms, 45 degree angle) or something in between?

This is a serious question, not trolling. I have seen the most 'unusual' ways of holding the steering wheel and the distance of said item from your body.

Edited by Semper

I use my knees, while using my hands for fiddling with the stereo, gps or trying to get a beer out of the cooler on the back seat......

But to be serious, I prefer ten past ten rather than ten to two. Just seems more comfortable.....

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 1

I use my knees, while using my hands for fiddling with the stereo, gps or trying to get a beer out of the cooler on the back seat......

But to be serious, I prefer ten past ten rather than ten to two. Just seems more comfortable.....

Tend to agree. cowboy.gif

How far away from steering wheel........ always car seat right back and partly reclined, arms very slightly bent and at 10 - 2, of course this is in my car, in the pickup much closer, and a Thai car err almost on top of the wheel, and try not to go round to many corners.. steering wheel hurts my belly.

Thai cars take me back 40 years when my Grandfather bought a Morris 1100/1300 manual, no way could I change gear even with the seat fully back, the odd times I did drive it had to miss 3rd gear altogether, after getting into 4th it hurt my leg after time..

I don't hold the steering wheel now.

I let my wife do that. jap.gif

Hmm I thought that was the shift knob?? jerk.gif

On a serious note

I drove for a living for about 20 years so I am contented

to let the good wife do the driving now.

Only drive if I have too.

Hmm I thought that was the shift knob?? jerk.gif

On a serious note

I drove for a living for about 20 years so I am contented

to let the good wife do the driving now.

Only drive if I have too.

Oh!!! That's what you meant? Not me ever!! My wife (or for that matter anyone else either) will never drive with me in the car as long as I'm half able as that would still put me at least a half up on their driving..

My wife uses the joystick, & then we crash sad.png

Thats why we drive an auto.

Would never find the joystick now jerk.gif

How far away from steering wheel........ always car seat right back and partly reclined, arms very slightly bent and at 10 - 2, of course this is in my car, in the pickup much closer, and a Thai car err almost on top of the wheel, and try not to go round to many corners.. steering wheel hurts my belly.

Place right foot on clutch pedal, or where it should be on a auto, and adjust seat so that the leg is extended but you are not stretching.

Then adjust the seat back and/or the wheel position so that you can just touch the top of the wheel with the heel of you hand.

Original question I tend to be a 9:15 or 2:45 guy and my vehicle has zero seat or wheel adjustment.

Should I start a new thread on how to adjust door mirrors or hijack Semper's thread?

Edited by VocalNeal

Place right foot on clutch pedal, or where it should be on a auto, and adjust seat so that the leg is extended but you are not stretching.

Very good, now if I tried that would have to take drivers seat out, problem with that is could not then reach the steering wheel,.........

Never noticed so many problems before but here with Thai built car, now i cannot buy what I want but what will fit. where do people with big feet put there left leg and foot ? impossible to get between peddle and center bodywork, cannot put flat on floor as knee then jams the steering wheel + very uncomfortable...

I am big and tall, inside leg 93 cm [36.5"] feel 48 [13 UK size] .........The BT50 is much better then the 3 Isuzu's I owned before, tried 3 car models of Toyota, cannot drive, old Jazz was OK, new one not so good, Civic impossible to drive.. What to replace the Audi A6 with? budget of 1 million or under is not easy.