Apartment Recommendations In Bkk

MrBugsy

Hi guys. I was wondering if I could get some recommendations on apartments in Bangkok. Living up north at the moment with fiancé and newborn baby. We will be staying in Bangkok for a month or 2 before flying back to the states.

We've lived all over Thailand besides Bangkok. Almost everywhere we go we seem to run into the places and people that are scammers. I would really like to avoid it during my last few months here.

Looking for a place that will rent month to month basis. Must be clean as well. Most apartments we've stayed at are poorly built in my opinion. For example rooms that offer AC but the windows don't close all the way or the room isn't properly sealed.

Does anyone know if any apartments have electricity and water included? Wifi would be nice too.

Lived in the shit holes for too long now just wannabe to enjoy the last couple months here.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on your budget, which you didn't say. Would guess that the only ones with utilities included would be serviced apartments, which will definitely be pricier than regular leases. For me, Chatrium Residence (serviced apartments, formerly Oakwood) on Naradiwas Soi 24, Rama III area, is a favourite.

So far the best deal I have found is at NASA Vegas Hotel. Little under 12000 baht for a months stay. I know it's more expensive than apartment but I can't sign a long term lease need to go monthly. The only apartments I have found so far that are monthly aren't very clean or safe.

Again I have my newborn and fiancé with me.

How much is the place you stay at Chaos?

So far the best deal I have found is at NASA Vegas Hotel. Little under 12000 baht for a months stay. I know it's more expensive than apartment but I can't sign a long term lease need to go monthly. The only apartments I have found so far that are monthly aren't very clean or safe.

Again I have my newborn and fiancé with me.

How much is the place you stay at Chaos?

I stay often at Bangkok Omni...they have studios and one and two brms and they do not require a lease or big deposit..you can rent month to month or week to week etc no problem...BUT it is on soi 4 pretty close to nana Plaza and there are a lot of distractions that you may not want with a wife and kid.

see the rates etc here http://bangkokomni.com/

Bugsy, we only ever stay there for a week max these days. I dont work in BKK any more so never there except for short breaks. As it happens, I will be there this coming weekend so will ask. However, very much doubt they will beat Bt 12k for one month, so seems that is your best bet so far...

Wow. I think NASA vegas is probably my best bet. 12000 for a month with electricity and water included. Can anyone beat that???

how did you get 12000 baht for a month? rates on their site show min of 890 baht a night? looks like a nice hotel....

Wow. I think NASA vegas is probably my best bet. 12000 for a month with electricity and water included. Can anyone beat that???

how did you get 12000 baht for a month? rates on their site show min of 890 baht a night? looks like a nice hotel....

He is referering to the apartments across the road / rail line from the hotel. I can t remember the price but it is reasonable (for farang) I have neveer seen inside so cant comemnt. However a freind of a friend lives there (Thai)

There is a 7/11 type shop & laundry on the ground.

Actually the price is for the hotel not apartments. I never book directly with the hotel but rather off sites like Agoda or Expedia. They give better rates. The apartments at NASA require 6 month contract. So not an option.

House By The Pond is AWESOME. Located on Sukhumvit soi 22, sub soi sai nam thip 2. It's right in your price range and just a fantastic little secret. No, I don't work for them 555..... 10 minute walk to Emporium and BTS Prom Phong-check it out. Ask for "Noi", she'll hook you up