Few Red-Shirts Cross Over For Thaksin

webfact

Hmmm I wonder how many of that 1000 were expats doing a cheap visa run?

Can you blame the Laos people being less accomodating after the last red shirt rally ended with burning buildings and looting

Well, that wasn't exactly the last UDD demonstration, but the one you mention did end with more than just looting and burnt buildings - or are you forgetting the people found dead in the Wat behind Central World after the army "secured" the area?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm I wonder how many of that 1000 were expats doing a cheap visa run?

Can you blame the Laos people being less accomodating after the last red shirt rally ended with burning buildings and looting

Well, that wasn't exactly the last UDD demonstration, but the one you mention did end with more than just looting and burnt buildings - or are you forgetting the people found dead in the Wat behind Central World after the army "secured" the area?

And the grenade attack against some Army personel and vdGrift during the final cleanup?

Anyway, back to 'few red-shirts cross over for Thaksin'. I can't find the 'Lao gov. restricts reds to 1000 only', I've got k. Kwanchai blabbering about a possible assassination, and an unfriendly Lao government not telling much.

Luckily th Cambodian government is much more friendly towards red shirts. Just read George tweeted that HunSen allows all wearing a red shirt and showing a UDD card free entry to AngkorWat. Cynical minds might see that as trying to bring all red-shirts under one, friendly umbrella, the UDD. More news tomorrow wink.png

Based on the video on the last page it was barely 1,000 at most.

Even allowing for off screen people it really dwindled at the edges with out a doubt.

Another PR cou[p for the Liege Lord.

NOT!

I have asked for official confirmation of the figures in attendance,in Laos ,from CalgaryII who always seems to have insider knowledge,of such figures and information.

But if it turns out to be only a miserable,paltry 1,000,(about the same amount of bodies, as a decent size Disco) I can't see any Big Welcome Home for the absconded,absent criminal,any time in the near future,and unlikely even a sniffing chance for this year.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed, use the default forum font when posting!

An official in the Cambodian border town of Poipet said yesterday that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen had ordered immigration officials to provide special treatment to red-shirt supporters crossing over from Thailand.

The official, who requested anonymity, added that all immigration officials had been instructed to not search any red-shirt vehicles.

Okay, that's worrying. I have it on a very good authority that many of the weapons used by the red/black side during April/May 2010 originated from Cambodia.

Given the number of "red guards" there, along with the low turnout, could this rally simply be a guise for an arms run? Stocking up ready for when the "political situation returns to normal"?

The date July has been mentioned over in the other English-language daily.

Hold fast, Thailand. Again.

Wow! what very good authority was that? Have you shared it with the security authorities as well as TV? I'm sure you and the other Special Forces people on here can intercept the arms run you expect. Is Stallone on standby?
  • Like 1

Well a most definate lack of support for Thaksin and more Talked up B*ll S**t,

1,000 supporters,when 50,000 was being forecast! if it had been a Football Match,it would have been embarressingly cancelled.

So was it lack of interest?

Lack of payment?

Songkran was more important?

But certainly not lack of transport,with 40 unused Buses,in waiting,and couldn't fill them for free.

A very telling turn out,which may show a turning point of his popularity........ in decline.

Kwanchai was talking about getting 10 million Red Shirts at the border in his grand plan to bring in Thaksin.

Hey, what's an order of magniture (or four) difference anyway?

Bet he wasen´t that good in mats, in school.

An official in the Cambodian border town of Poipet said yesterday that Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen had ordered immigration officials to provide special treatment to red-shirt supporters crossing over from Thailand.

The official, who requested anonymity, added that all immigration officials had been instructed to not search any red-shirt vehicles.

Okay, that's worrying. I have it on a very good authority that many of the weapons used by the red/black side during April/May 2010 originated from Cambodia.

Given the number of "red guards" there, along with the low turnout, could this rally simply be a guise for an arms run? Stocking up ready for when the "political situation returns to normal"?

is that good authority that can be substantiated or are you "just saying..."

Ah, you got me. I'm "just saying" :)

Let's see what happens before this year is out.

Wow! what very good authority was that?

The answers, Grasshopper, are in the questions you seek....

Have you shared it with the security authorities as well as TV?

I hope we're not referring to the Thai cops here. Moving on...

Is Stallone on standby?

He is on the lookout for morons, and he's got his work cut out.

• Like 1

The Nation claimed that office and shop staff abused the redshirts. Completely the opposite occurred in front of my eyes.

I agree that Red Shirts abusing office and shop staff is more likely.

There was a celebratory mood in Silom. Weeks later I witnessed 1 young male office worker on an overpass screaming abuse at several redshirt motorcycle drivers below attempting to hold up traffic as a protest.

What was his problem?

Is it good thing to hold up traffic whenever and as often as you want?

To compare Thaksin with Aung San Suu Kyi is an insult to the lady, IMHO

That's exactly what Hun Sen did. From Thailand and Cambodia Argue About Thaksin & the Coup:

"Many people are talking about Mrs. Suu Kyi of Burma. Why can't I talk about the victim, Thaksin?" Mr. Hun Sen said on October 23.

"That cannot be regarded as interference by Cambodia into Thai internal affairs. Without the coup d'etat in 2006, such a thing would not have happened," Hun Sen said.

Soft-spoken Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva lashed out Mr. Hun Sen's remarks.

"There are few people in the world who believe Thaksin is similar to that of Ms. Suu Kyi," Mr. Abhisit said later that day.

"I hope Prime Minister Hun Sen will receive the right information and change his mind on the matter."

Edited by hyperdimension

Wow! what very good authority was that? Have you shared it with the security authorities as well as TV? I'm sure you and the other Special Forces people on here can intercept the arms run you expect. Is Stallone on standby?

Stallone !

:D

What's in it for Cambodia and Laos? I'll make a stab at answering that:

>>>> the main motivation for SE Asians is money. T has a lot of it, and is willing to spend it on his non-stop self-aggrandizement campaign.

>>>> Fueling T's self-burnishment, also rips Thailand's social fabric. For Cambodia's leaders, a weaker Thailand is advantageous, particularly in lieu of the hassles over the Hindu Temple on their borders.

>>>> It will likely will compel T to spend money in those countries - though much of the investment promises which T makes to small countries, don't manifest. At various times, he's promised investment in Nicaragua, Dubai, several African countries (blood diamonds, anyone?), at least one Pacific island, plus Montenegro, HK, and mansions in Australia and UK. Few of those promised investments actually manifest.

Based on the video on the last page it was barely 1,000 at most.

Even allowing for off screen people it really dwindled at the edges with out a doubt.

Another PR cou[p for the Liege Lord.

NOT!

I have asked for official confirmation of the figures in attendance,in Laos ,from CalgaryII who always seems to have insider knowledge,of such figures and information.

But if it turns out to be only a miserable,paltry 1,000,(about the same amount of bodies, as a decent size Disco) I can't see any Big Welcome Home for the absconded,absent criminal,any time in the near future,and unlikely even a sniffing chance for this year.

I'm expecting your official confirmation reply to be 300,000. Or more.

T can return to Thailand any time he wants. Who's going to arrest him? Can you picture a police officer going up to him (whether or not T is surrounded by his entourage of tough guys), and slapping handduffs on the scoundrel?

T has as much respect for the rule of law in Thailand as he has for paying taxes.

T's return will spark big protests by the Yellows, but T feeds on discord. I can picture him and his inner circle watching the protests on big screen TV. Making witticisms, and calling out; 'pass the caviar, and another shot of scotch, thanks.'

Thus far, there have been few direct clashes between Reds and Yellows, but T is doing what he can to make that happen in the future.

Edited by maidu

That accusation as to who a forum user actually is is so far off the mark it's almost hilarious.

As for the credibility of other Thai-based forums, Andrew Drummond has some very good info. Perhaps Amsterdam should have a read of that blog before he goes quoting forum users in his own blog posts.

(Not that deep down he actually gives a toss)

Slightly more than 1,000 red shirts took the bus to Vientiane compared to the 10,000 expected by the movement's leaders.

Actually, for leaders' statement, it was significantly higher...

April 10, 2012

Red Shirt Leader Nisit Sinthuphrai said about 50,000 Thaksin supporters are expected to leave for Laos to meet him there as he pays a brief visit to Laos and Cambodia during the festival.

Wow! what very good authority was that?

The answers, Grasshopper, are in the questions you seek....

Have you shared it with the security authorities as well as TV?

I hope we're not referring to the Thai cops here. Moving on...

Is Stallone on standby?

I assume from your answers you are admitting that your post was fiction. Stallone will have found his first moron.

And the grenade attack against some Army personel and vdGrift during the final cleanup?

Anyway, back to 'few red-shirts cross over for Thaksin'. I can't find the 'Lao gov. restricts reds to 1000 only', I've got k. Kwanchai blabbering about a possible assassination, and an unfriendly Lao government not telling much.

Luckily th Cambodian government is much more friendly towards red shirts. Just read George tweeted that HunSen allows all wearing a red shirt and showing a UDD card free entry to AngkorWat. Cynical minds might see that as trying to bring all red-shirts under one, friendly umbrella, the UDD. More news tomorrow wink.png

'I can't find the 'Lao gov. restricts reds to 1000 only' You can't have looked too hard, I've already mentioned the other paper.

Edited by phiphidon

'I can't find the 'Lao gov. restricts reds to 1000 only' You can't have looked too hard, I've already mentioned the other paper.

Still searching. Only found an older breakingnews from 26-03-2012 with something like "The spirit of Songkran gets an early start on Monday when red-shirt core member Kwanchai Praipana takes 1,000 supporters to Laos to meet fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra who will be celebrating the festival there."

Anyway, who started the rumour of a possible assassination ? Seems the Laos government is somewhat less friendly towards the nobel red-shirt supporters and their hero in shiny white armour. Which country around the world would like to upset their neighbour countries by allowing a big party/rally/protest on their territory? Answer, the friendly nation of Cambodia with eternal fiend HunSen!

Edit: Add: I acknowledge that since William Wallace the English have become a wee bit more civilised

Edited by rubl

>>>> the main motivation for SE Asians is money. T has a lot of it, and is willing to spend it on his non-stop self-aggrandizement campaign.

>>>> Fueling T's self-burnishment, also rips Thailand's social fabric. For Cambodia's leaders, a weaker Thailand is advantageous, particularly in lieu of the hassles over the Hindu Temple on their borders.

>>>> It will likely will compel T to spend money in those countries - though much of the investment promises which T makes to small countries, don't manifest. At various times, he's promised investment in Nicaragua, Dubai, several African countries (blood diamonds, anyone?), at least one Pacific island, plus Montenegro, HK, and mansions in Australia and UK. Few of those promised investments actually manifest.

Lots of soft-loans from Thailand?

Edited by Skywalker69

Slightly more than 1,000 red shirts took the bus to Vientiane compared to the 10,000 expected by the movement's leaders.

Actually, for leaders' statement, it was significantly higher...

April 10, 2012

Red Shirt Leader Nisit Sinthuphrai said about 50,000 Thaksin supporters are expected to leave for Laos to meet him there as he pays a brief visit to Laos and Cambodia during the festival.

He must have (laos)t his mind.

Edited by Skywalker69

Lots of soft-loans from Thailand?

It worked for Burma.

I assume from your answers you are admitting that your post was fiction. Stallone will have found his first moron.

Brilliant assumption. He has indeed.

For those who haven't got a colossal chip on their shoulder, my post will remain on the forum.