Yingluck To Miss Charter Debate For China, Japan

webfact

What I find many times more frustrating than Thai politics are TV members, allegedly worldly wise and educated who insist on making pathetic obsequious apologies for a clearly inept holder of a prime Government position. I am sure Yingluck herself would laugh at some of the excuses made by some on here on her behalf. It is nauseating.

Concur, GJ. I always find myself asking the simple question: "What has she actually accomplished?", and I can never seem to find a concrete answer/example.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On the one hand, Ms. Y. opponents highlight her non-Prime Ministership quoting her Thaksin links, on the other hand the decry the absence of the Prime Minister from venues where the Opposition can 'have a go' at her. Me thinks they protest too much. It is an enduring testament to her political skills that throughout her electoral campaign and prime Ministership, that Mr. Abhisit has been 'grasping at air'............. Poor baby.

Abhisit grasping at air. Possibly a very apt description. I suggest you look up the dictionary definition of airhead. And why not put the title 'Prime Minister' in quotation marks? After all, Thaksin long ago described Yingluck as his clone.

The responsibility for the safe passage of this important piece of policy lies directly at the feet of Yingluck. She must be in Parliament. If she is unable to be there, then passage should be delayed by a few days to allow her to go to this summit and return to preside over the debate. Or she should send Chalerm or a deputy to the summit to represent Thailand and she stays.

Yingluck 'the absent PM' . Her absence acknowledges her inherent weakness in her skills to successfully tackle to Democrats head on. This reminds me of those truck / van drivers that have an accident and then run away so they don't have to face the music.

Clearly the trips to China and Japan are more important but as PM she must be involved in any constitution amendment debates. These can be put on the back burner easily enough.

Your suggestion that Chalerm could be sent anywhere to represent Thailand is quite scary!

Prioritity?

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra will miss the parliamentary meeting on Constitution amendment" - I believe she has deputies?

Priority?

"Thailand and China will sign a five-year agreement on strategic cooperation during Yingluck's visit to Beijing from April 17-20, a government statement said yesterday."

I think she has got these right?

But of course TV advisers to the gov and country as a whole may beg to differ.

Amendment of a country's Constitution is and should be of top priority to any PM! Maybe you beg to differ.

I do, it is simply a debate not the finalization or signing off of a new constitution which should have her presence.

"At the invitation of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, Yingluck's visit is aimed at strengthening the strategic partnership plan between the two countries."

"Yingluck will then visit Japan from April 20-22 for the Japan-Mekong summit. This leg of her trip will also include a visit to the One Tambon One Product (Otop) outlet in southern Japan's Kumamoto prefecture."

"At the Japan-Mekong summit, leaders from Japan, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam will discuss and adopt a three-year plan of cooperation for 2013 to 2015."

Or to please TV members she could tell Wen Jia bao and the Japanese to take a leap perhaps?

The responsibility for the safe passage of this important piece of policy lies directly at the feet of Yingluck. She must be in Parliament. If she is unable to be there, then passage should be delayed by a few days to allow her to go to this summit and return to preside over the debate. Or she should send Chalerm or a deputy to the summit to represent Thailand and she stays.

Yingluck 'the absent PM' . Her absence acknowledges her inherent weakness in her skills to successfully tackle to Democrats head on. This reminds me of those truck / van drivers that have an accident and then run away so they don't have to face the music.

Clearly the trips to China and Japan are more important but as PM she must be involved in any constitution amendment debates. These can be put on the back burner easily enough.

Your suggestion that Chalerm could be sent anywhere to represent Thailand is quite scary!

Mabye she is going to meet relatives, on the cost of Thai people?violin.gif

Talk about Charlem he has been very quiet for weeks.

Why does she have to be in the House for the debate? What would she say that cannot be said by other ministers?

Do you not think that she would be open to an accusation of a conflict of interest should the debate turn to references to Mr. Thaksin?

It is customary for board members, judges and others to recuse themselves from discussions when allegations of conflict of interest could arise.

Don't you think that the prime minister should be present for a debate on the future of the charter? For such an important debate surely you would want the " leader" to be there.

This is an extremely bad excuse, even by your standards.

• Like 1

Of course, neither she nor her handlers want her there. She wouldn't be leading or if she tried to act the part, she would fool nobody. So better this lame excuse. Whatever works. Apparently her poll numbers are good. What she worry?

• Like 1

"In Yingluck's absence, Parliament is set to debate the charter amendment on April 18-19. It will be the second time Yingluck has skipped such an important parliamentary session. Early this month she missed a parliamentary debate on the reconciliation plan in favour of attending the Asean summit in Cambodia"

Brilliant politics......... It really 'pisses off' this Opposition, that they can't lay a glove on her.......... The above statement suggesting wrongdoing, is obviously Opposition agenda, but there is no need for her to be there, given the clear track both these issues are on. There will not be serious departures from the expedited groove they are on. Just an opportunity for MP's to vent, with one side self-servingly and predictably screaming "hurry-up and haste", with the other side denying same and moving things along as they should be. Ms. Y. also doesn't need to be there to counter over-and-over, the Oppositions attempt to convince the unheeding public with its tiresome anti-Thaksin paranoid agenda with respect to charter amendments......Ho-hum.

It's not obligatory for her to miss the debate either. I'm fairly certain that if there were to be a change to the constitution in most first world countries the leader of the government would be there. (I'm sure others will point out that the the leader faces a jail term if he comes back)

I'm not suggesting the trips to China and Japan aren't important just that it's usual for a government to arrange things so the leader can be where they need to be.

Do any of you critics actually understand the process of how a Bill is acted and voted upon in Thailand?

Are you even aware that the Bill(s) were already discussed with the first vote in February? It received overwhelming support.

MPs and Senators voted 399-199 to pass the three amendment bills, with 14 abstentions. The Prime Minister was present for the vote.

BJT MP Chai Chidchob, abstained, citing "neutrality", and BJT party spokesman Supachai Jaisamut didn't show up for the vote. Sonthi Boonyaratglin was also absent for the vote.I do not recall any of the wailing whiners beating their chests over those that did not vote.

This debate is the 2nd reading. All that will be discussed are some wording changes. The PM does not need to attend and in other parliaments, the PM typically doesn't participate until the third reading of a Bill.

Some of you people are carrying on as if this is the only step in the enactment of a Bill. The discussion is in the good hands of MPs that are skilled in Thai law and can better discuss the legal implications of the law. The debate in the House will now be over the nuances and semantics of the Bill wording. This is a debate best left in the hands of those that are competent in law. The PM, and Mr. Abhisit for that matter really do not have much to offer when it comes to discussing the wording of the Bill.

There will be a third reading. How about some of you hold your insincere concern until then?

Unfortunately, I doubt that some of the ignorant knuckle draggers posting here even knew that there were three readings to a Bill. I wouldn't be surprised if some did not even know that a Bill also requires Royal Assent. It is very difficult to bypass a Royal Veto in Thailand.

Edited by geriatrickid

Do any of you critics actually understand the process of how a Bill is acted and voted upon in Thailand?

Are you even aware that the Bill(s) were already discussed with the first vote in February? It received overwhelming support.

MPs and Senators voted 399-199 to pass the three amendment bills, with 14 abstentions. The Prime Minister was present for the vote.

BJT MP Chai Chidchob, abstained, citing "neutrality", and BJT party spokesman Supachai Jaisamut didn't show up for the vote. Sonthi Boonyaratglin was also absent for the vote.I do not recall any of the wailing whiners beating their chests over those that did not vote.

This debate is the 2nd reading. All that will be discussed are some wording changes. The PM does not need to attend and in other parliaments, the PM typically doesn't participate until the third reading of a Bill.

Some of you people are carrying on as if this is the only step in the enactment of a Bill. The discussion is in the good hands of MPs that are skilled in Thai law and can better discuss the legal implications of the law. The debate in the House will now be over the nuances and semantics of the Bill wording. This is a debate best left in the hands of those that are competent in law. The PM, and Mr. Abhisit for that matter really do not have much to offer when it comes to discussing the wording of the Bill.

There will be a third reading. How about some of you hold your insincere concern until then?

Unfortunately, I doubt that some of the ignorant knuckle draggers posting here even knew that there were three readings to a Bill. I wouldn't be surprised if some did not even know that a Bill also requires Royal Assent. It is very difficult to bypass a Royal Veto in Thailand.

Do you have any proof the she was there for the 1st reading?

What are your odds that she attends the 3rd? (Check your sales calendar!)

The problem here is that you are trying to talk to certain TV members with logic and facts that will simply fly over their heads and they will continue to blindly pursue their agendas.

• Like 1

Sorry but last time I checked Chai Chidchob, Supachai Jaisamut and Sonthi Boonyaratglin are not the Prime minister. While it is disappointing that they either did not vote or attend, to compare as it as the same as the PM is something only a "knuckle dragger" could do.

or an absentee landlord that lets their property turn to <deleted> in favor of making more money.

or an absentee landlord that lets their property turn to <deleted> in favor of making more money.

It is a Debate which the same thing had been debated to death in Parliament for months. Probably will be debated further after she gets back.

The PM Yingluck is doing the right thing for the future of Thailand by attending much more important meetings to sign documents to keep the Thai industry working and the people employed. She is also working to bring the same prosperity to Thailand through business with the countries mentioned in the topic.

I dont know why anyone would think a debate is more important than these meetings that she MUST attend. Someone else will fill in for her at the debate, they do have communications in Thailand.

It is a Debate which the same thing had been debated to death in Parliament for months. Probably will be debated further after she gets back.

The PM Yingluck is doing the right thing for the future of Thailand by attending much more important meetings to sign documents to keep the Thai industry working and the people employed. She is also working to bring the same prosperity to Thailand through business with the countries mentioned in the topic.

I dont know why anyone would think a debate is more important than these meetings that she MUST attend. Someone else will fill in for her at the debate, they do have communications in Thailand.

Debated to death or pushed through ?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

*Deleted quote edited out*

That you don't think that these meetings overseas for the future of Thailand are more important than a debate that someone else can fill in for her. I think they have phones in China and Japan if the need arises.

Edited by Scott
Deleted quote edited out

When she goes to China, will she be checking up on the 1,000,000 tablet computers from there that are overdue?

They are not overdue. They are re evulating the supplier as it seems they can't guarantee supply?

When she goes to China, will she be checking up on the 1,000,000 tablet computers from there that are overdue?

They are not overdue. They are re evulating the supplier as it seems they can't guarantee supply?

The government is overdue in the processing if they are going to meet their announced start on the first day of school.

The Government has allocated the cash and signed off on the deal with the supplier.

The supplier apparently may not be able to supply the 1,000,000. by the start of school.

What makes you think she is going for the sole purpose of seeing the supplier?

It's not rocket science, if they cant get the parts for the machines they are to supply as a lot of other countries cant get, due to the flooding and backlog of orders, the schools will just have to wait like everyone else.

The government is overdue in the processing if they are going to meet their announced start on the first day of school.

No harm in slipping the date a little to get it right, otherwise people will just complain it was implemented too quickly......

Good to see the boys in the PTP are still treating Yingluck the bimbo PM with the respect she deserves. Go shopping with your government credit card luv, while the men talk.

Well the people voted her in as PM and they voted the boy's in as you call them as well.

She would get a substancial salary as the PM of Thailand and why not do some shopping on the Gov Credit Card while you are overseas. Not that she would need the card with the Millions Billions she and her family have.

Debate sensible... about things..... SOOOOO many promises have been screwed up by a posing dictatorial democratic government, instead of acknowledging the blunders like most of us, and shouting WHY, you and others are laughable with the hard line (they cannot do wrong attitude) all or near ALL election promises have been cancelled or delayed.  With the P.M. missing for most of the debates -does not that alone ring some alarm bells ???? The failure by passing debatable talk is there glaring us in the face, is it lack of interest  ??? is it that she is not informed well enough, ??? Please some of you posters realise what is fact-and what is not good for the national interest.

]What you don't think that these meetings overseas for the future of Thailand are more important than a debate that someone else can fill in for her. I think they have phones in China and Japan if the need arises.

The constitution changes are a policy of the Yingluk government, and the opposition have the right to question in parliament the leader of that government. It is a fact that her attendances are rare, consist of reading from a set script, a big smile and sudden departure. I know of NO occasions where she has entered into debate or answered questions without notice.

While modern communications are nice, they do not make up for parliamentary attendance. These meetings could be equally attended by one of her deputies or the MoFA who's only work so far seems to be arranging visas and a passport for the fugitive criminal to whom he supplicates.

I simply despair at the foreigners who seem to think that the redshirts and their leaders are in some way good for this country. I really can only come to the conclusion that your wives or girlfriends look over your shoulder when you type and if you don't say that the sun shines out of Thaksins and Yinglucks <deleted> then they will refuse to give you a BJ for a year. I wish that the UK/US and European border control would insist on an IQ check for all of their nationals who leave their countries to come here. Even if they were to set the lower level at 70 (severe learning difficulties) we may get posters on here that could actually think about what they are actually saying. Some of the comments are breathtaking.

• Like 1