Top 11 Reasons Why Farang Should Go Back To Their Own Country

loong

When they don't accept thainess or thai ways of doing things.

Not sure what you mean exactly by accept. Like accepting the common practice here of fleeing from the scene of a vehicular accident? A charming custom indeed!ermm.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you mean exactly by accept. Like accepting the common practice here of fleeing from the scene of a vehicular accident? A charming custom indeed!ermm.gif

But it is practical, no?

You're defending that behavior?coffee1.gif

But it is practical, no?

You're defending that behavior?coffee1.gif

You seem to be in a self-righteous lather today, don't you?

Don't care how "Thai" people are as long as they are respectful.

What I don't get are the people who seem to hate Thailand and Thais...yet stick around. They are the ones who need to move on, for their mental health and that of everyone around them.

Excuse me. What gives you the right to tell anyone they need to move on? Maybe they ENJOY hating wherever they are. Or maybe they hate their home country even worse and have no other options, so Thailand is best possible world for them. I find it idiotic to presume to have the solution for people you know NOTHING about.

Excuse me, JT, but what gives YOU the right to tell NMT what he can and can't say? He's expressing an opinion and I agree with him. This is what annoys me to no end. The whiners/whingers insisting on their right to whine, yet, when someone expresses their opinion about said whining, the whiners cry like a baby. If you want the freedom-of-speech to express your opinion, you should have the gonads to take whatever comes back at you.

Don't care how "Thai" people are as long as they are respectful.

What I don't get are the people who seem to hate Thailand and Thais...yet stick around. They are the ones who need to move on, for their mental health and that of everyone around them.

Excuse me. What gives you the right to tell anyone they need to move on? Maybe they ENJOY hating wherever they are. Or maybe they hate their home country even worse and have no other options, so Thailand is best possible world for them. I find it idiotic to presume to have the solution for people you know NOTHING about.

Excuse me, JT, but what gives YOU the right to tell NMT what he can and can't say? He's expressing an opinion and I agree with him. This is what annoys me to no end. The whiners/whingers insisting on their right to whine, yet, when someone expresses their opinion about said whining, the whiners cry like a baby. If you want the freedom-of-speech to express your opinion, you should have the gonads to take whatever comes back at you.

You can say anything you like mate. No sir, you cannot TELL people where they should or should not live, unless you're an immigration official.

I'm thinking of going back to see my aged parents. I was a little surprised that wasn't one of the top eleven reasons.

In fact, they all seemed pretty negative, the ones the OP posted. And pretty much negatively focussed on Thailand, rather than on the positives of moving back to the Old Country.

I can think of many reasons I might like to go back...

- the hills

- the weather

- the beer

- the traffic

- the freedom

- the ability to converse with the natives

kenwhitameenanatlikeboys?

SC

and so forth

You seem to be in a self-righteous lather today, don't you?

Was that a citizen requirement? Defending the indefensible? coffee1.gif

Let me ask you a question:

Why do you think drivers flee the scene of accidents?

Just to be dickheads? Because they're irresponsible?

Or do you think they might be worried about being fleeced out of what money they might have by the cops? Or that they might end up in some squalid jail cell, unable to support their families?

For once in your life get off your huffy, hands-flailing, self-righteous soapbox and put yourself in the shoes of an average citizen of this country for just a few seconds.

Do you think I have lived here for years and don't know ALL of that? Duh. It is STILL indefensible. Imagine running over someone and driving away. Imagine the feeling. No, I would never want to be a Thai if a requirement for that was internalizing the feeling that behavior like that is defensible. I think that is actually a symptom of a very sick society.

Edited by Jingthing

Do you think I have lived here for years and don't know ALL of that? Duh. It is STILL indefensible. Imagine running over someone and driving away. Imagine the feeling. No, I would never want to be a Thai if a requirement for that was internalizing the feeling that behavior like that is defensible. I think that is actually a symptom of a very sick society.

Well, snap!

And the bigger question remains: what does it say about you when of all the places in the world you could have chosen to live, you chose one where the society is "sick"? Could it be that some of the sicker elements actually drew and keep you here? You ARE living in Pattaya, aren't you? Could you possibly find a sicker town in the whole sick country?

Edited by NewlyMintedThai

Well, snap!

And the bigger question remains: what does it say about you when of all the places in the world you could have chosen to live, you chose one where the society is "sick"? Could it be that some of the sicker elements actually drew and keep you here? You ARE living in Pattaya, aren't you? Could you possibly find a sicker town in the whole sick country?

So you agree it is a sick society where people actually think running people over with their cars and then running away is acceptable behavior? Because I think this is actually relevant to this thread. People who move here should realize the kind of society they are moving to. There are some great things about it and then there is the very sick part of it. That doesn't mean to live here you need to endorse, internalize, or justify for Thai people or Thai society the really sick parts. That is a choice.

BTW, I deliberately ignored your attempt to steer this into Pattaya bashing or bashing foreigners who live in Pattaya. Not going to go there, but you've had your dig for whatever it's worth.ph34r.png

Edited by Jingthing

No, I don't agree that it is a sick society.

I wouldn't live here if I did.

We know why you do, in spite of your feelings. wink.png

So "we" know why I live here, do we? That's obnoxious.

It's certainly cool that you don't think Thailand is a sick society for your sake. I didn't mean to suggest everything about it is sick by any means. I think, objectively though, it is a very sick situation for a a society to normalize hit and run vehicular accidents. Again, it is completely indefensible. You point to reasons why it happens. Might be a good idea to FIX those reasons instead of bending over backwards to rationalize the indefensible, eh? (That comment for THAI CITIZENS.) Every country has major flaws. Thailand is definitely every country in that sense and in my view, arguably more so.

As far as people going back to their home countries or not, I think that is clearly everyone's PERSONAL decision. Unless immigration makes you.

Edited by Jingthing

When we're trying to persuade people to leave the country, wouldn't it be better to apporach it from a carrot perspective? Rave anbout all the great things about thier home country rather than persistently criticising the individual and highlighting all the perceived negatives of Thialand.

Maybe some of us don't come from such an attractive country as I do...

SC

• Like 1

Yes I agree with SC.

This thread would be more enjoyable if the positive aspect of leaving LOS for ones original country.

Every country does have its negative aspects, but why dwell on about it. As the saying goes...if you have negative thoughts, you attract negative things. So you will forever be in a negative spin always looking for and seeing negativity.

Have Fun people!