90 Day Report With 30 Days Left On Retirement Renewal

Hi, My 90 day report is due April 21st. My retirement renewal is due May 27th. When I send my latest 90 day report form in, tomorrow, will I get anything back ? Possibly a 90 day form that lasts until May 27th ?

Normally, I take my final 90 report of the year, on the last possible day (90 days +7), and renew my retirement extension, (by using the 30 days early rule), at the same time. This year (possibly because it's a leap year), this doesn't work out, the day to comply with both is a Saturday ! Obviously I must submit the 90 day report, and I will make a photocopy of it before I send it in, but I am wondering will I have another 90 report (lasting until 27th May) sent back to me? If not, what do I do when I go to renew my retirement stamp?

Yours confused,

MrMuddle

I had a similar situation sometime ago, my 90 days came to an end 27 days before my retirement visa expired, as a result of this I did not get 90 days at all, I got only the 27 day's to be in line with the end of my annual retirement visa.

When I eventually applied for my visa 25 days later the visa desk officer renewed my visa in the usual way, and at the end he extended my 27 days by 63 days in order to reach the 90 days.

As a result I did not have to queue up again at the other desk in order to get up to my 90 days, thus that change of procedure was no problem at all.

My 90-day report was due April 15, my retirement renewal date was June 4. I mailed my 90-day report to Immigration on April 4. They mailed me back my 90-day report slip for July 3 (one month after my visa expiry). So my visa expiry date didn't change anything,.. I still got renewed 90 days.

Just because you obtain a slip that says your next date to report is in 90 days, it doesn't mean you have permission to remain in the country beyond your current visa extension expiration date.

I've done 90 day reports within 30 days of a retirement extension several times, in person, in Chiang Mai. Everytime they look at me like I'm nuts and point out that I'm within the window to do the retirement extension. My response is to tell them when I've got an appointment for an extension (like the following week) and that there's no way I'm going to arrive at 5:30 am to get a pre-queue number to get an extension queue number when they open and then wait around until 11 am to do the extension and then until 1 pm to do the 90 day report and application for a re-entry permit.

I tell them that as much as I love hanging out in the CM Immigration office, I want to use the appointment system to reduce my waiting time for extensions, but their on-line appointment system books up so far in advance that sometimes I can't co-ordinate it with 90 day reports!

Edited by NancyL