Is It Just Me Or Are The Girls On The Datng Site Banner Ads Getting Hotter?

stevehaigh

What a lode of codswallop, a lot of the guys who hang out in bars here

could not get any women in there own country young, older, ugly or pretty

There is a lot more than looks to a good women as far as i am concerned

You know that as a fact, or, is that just your opinion?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A simple statement that many Farang men come to Thailand to marry girls a third of their age, when they could never in a million years date someone as young and pretty and of equal standing as that in their own country. I believe that is a fact yet you won't agree or disagree you just hone in on something else, something that sits better with you.

This is your statement. Not the statement I replied to. Read PC's statement again.

Yes I know! I have understood how you have been picky with semantics from the start. PC said something and you said it was a crock of crap based on a very literal translation of the word he used.

Since then I have expanded from the word he used so as to make it quite clear what I am talking about even if I was wrong about what I thought PC was saying.

You now refuse to say whether you agree or disagree with a simple statement I am making. Why is that?

It couldn't be because you started a fight about something he said to someone else? Edited by pastitche

What a lode of codswallop, a lot of the guys who hang out in bars here

could not get any women in there own country young, older, ugly or pretty

There is a lot more than looks to a good women as far as i am concerned

You know that as a fact, or, is that just your opinion?

Fact

What is the definition of "decent"?

Among other things a woman who will not sell her body for financial gain

I used to think that too........until I met many women who used to be on the game that had given that up years ago and became wives and mothers.

Some of them are amongst the most decent Thais I have ever met.

Just goes to show you that you just can't generalize.

• Like 1

I used to think that too........until I met many women who used to be on the game that had given that up years ago and became wives and mothers.

Some of them are amongst the most decent Thais I have ever met.

Just goes to show you that you just can't generalize.

I think when trying to find a "decent" woman it should be taken as a vague warning sign that is she fornicates with you after only knowing you for 1 hour and then asks for money that she may not be in the "decent" category that you are looking for. Unless you are just looking for someone that is decent at shagging....then it gets the green light and you should proceed as fast as possible.

Many of those women are just looking for a better life with a decent husband. If you open your eyes you will see that many of them are very decent human beings and loving wives and mothers.

Many of those women are just looking for a better life with a decent husband. If you open your eyes you will see that many of them are very decent human beings and loving wives and mothers.

A few are good decent people, the majority do it for the money and free drinks

and will bonk anyone who can afford to pay

A few are good decent people, the majority do it for the money and free drinks

and will bonk anyone who can afford to pay

You know from experience that there a few good ones and the majority is 'not decent'?

I can't prove this, never did any polling on this subject, but I think it is the other way round. But then again, I have a positive outlook on life.

A simple statement that many Farang men come to Thailand to marry girls a third of their age, when they could never in a million years date someone as young and pretty and of equal standing as that in their own country. I believe that is a fact yet you won't agree or disagree you just hone in on something else, something that sits better with you.

This is your statement. Not the statement I replied to. Read PC's statement again.

Yes I know! I have understood how you have been picky with semantics from the start. PC said something and you said it was a crock of crap based on a very literal translation of the word he used.

Since then I have expanded from the word he used so as to make it quite clear what I am talking about even if I was wrong about what I thought PC was saying.

You now refuse to say whether you agree or disagree with a simple statement I am making. Why is that?

It couldn't be because you started a fight about something he said to someone else?

I think you'll find that's how a forum works mate!! One poster said to another poster, 'That's a crock of crap', I agreed with the other poster so questioned why the first poster thought it was a crock of crack. I didn't start a fight and I think you will find that it was SOP for a forum. I didn't butt in on a private telephone conversation, I interjected with my opinion on a forum, please advice me as to what I did wrong so I will know for the future. wink.png

I find this an interesting topic and I fall somewhere in the middle of both of you. I think you are both right to a certain degree.

If you selected 1000 bar girls at random, I believe there can be no denying that the law of averages would say, that the vast majority of them would not be marriage material for the average 'normal' bloke. Obviously that is my interpretation of what 'normal' is, but is anyone going to try and tell me that marrying a prostitute is perfectly normal and acceptable in modern society??

However, I don't believe that this makes these people sub human and not worthy of having a decent life. If someone for what ever reason has problems finding a life partner in their own country, and a young attractive Asian girl is desperate for a better life, then who's to say that they aren't a match made in heaven and deserve all the happiness they can manage between them.

On the flip side, who in their right mind is completely capable of attracting an educated, attractive woman in their own country, would come to Asia and marry a bar girl who has slept with countless people for money, by choice?? Marry a Thai woman, yes, marry a prostitute, no!

So the member who is trying to claim that people that come to Thailand and marry bar girls are more than capable of attracting woman in their own country, I believe is mistaken. Even if these people could attract a normal person back home, I would still have to question their mentality and morality to have passed over a person with a normal life for someone who has sold her body to countless men.

At the very best these people could find a partner back home but only one equal to themselves. Instead they choose to marry a much younger and more attractive girl and accept her past as a compromise they are prepared to live with, which again would lead me to question their integrity and morality.

I find this an interesting topic and I fall somewhere in the middle of both of you. I think you are both right to a certain degree.

If you selected 1000 bar girls at random, I believe there can be no denying that the law of averages would say, that the vast majority of them would not be marriage material for the average 'normal' bloke. Obviously that is my interpretation of what 'normal' is, but is anyone going to try and tell me that marrying a prostitute is perfectly normal and acceptable in modern society??

However, I don't believe that this makes these people sub human and not worthy of having a decent life. If someone for what ever reason has problems finding a life partner in their own country, and a young attractive Asian girl is desperate for a better life, then who's to say that they aren't a match made in heaven and deserve all the happiness they can manage between them.

On the flip side, who in their right mind is completely capable of attracting an educated, attractive woman in their own country, would come to Asia and marry a bar girl who has slept with countless people for money, by choice?? Marry a Thai woman, yes, marry a prostitute, no!

So the member who is trying to claim that people that come to Thailand and marry bar girls are more than capable of attracting woman in their own country, I believe is mistaken. Even if these people could attract a normal person back home, I would still have to question their mentality and morality to have passed over a person with a normal life for someone who has sold her body to countless men.

At the very best these people could find a partner back home but only one equal to themselves. Instead they choose to marry a much younger and more attractive girl and accept her past as a compromise they are prepared to live with, which again would lead me to question their integrity and morality.

Good post, however i think your in for a bit of a bashing from quite a few members! Well said thoughthumbsup.gif

OMG!

I just got the Planet Sappho lesbian dating advert!

Not a crew cut or flannel shirt to be seen, let me tell you...

Maybe we should start a collectors thread where we can post images of our sightings..

I cerainly do not want a protitute as my wife/ partner in life

How Steven does that mean i do not have a positive

Sorry Peter, but this does not make any sense. Can you explain your last sentence please?

Sorry Peter, but this does not make any sense. Can you explain your last sentence please?

Grammar Police Intervention:

Petercallen says: "I cerainly do not want a protitute as my wife/ partner in life, how Steven, does that mean i do not have a positive (outlook on life) ?"

Petercallen says: "I cerainly do not want a protitute as my wife/ partner in life, how Steven, does that mean i do not have a positive (outlook on life) ?"

Thanks for the explanation.

Peter, it doesn't. You're connecting 2 things that I never connected with eachother. I connected your statement that the vast majority of the bar girls is after ripping of tourists with your outlook on life.

Edited by stevenl

You are right

Thanks for the explanation.

Peter, it doesn't. You're connecting 2 things that I never connected with eachother. I connected your statement that the vast majority of the bar girls is after ripping of tourists with your outlook on life.

If you had read my following post you would not need anyone to explain it to you

I agree with HKP in his post , if you do not thats fine so stop carrying on

If you had read my following post you would not need anyone to explain it to you

I read that post, but it still did not make sense. But it was explained, so yes, I understood what you posted, was just not as easy as it could have been: if you would have used the 'edit' option you could have updated your post, so it would have been clear, well, more or less, what you meant in the first place.

Yes, looks like we have a different view on bar girls.

I agree with practically everything you ever say 'Stevenl', so would be interested for you to elaborate slightly.

I think we have got a little confused on this topic because we have been discussing two different things, both what we think of bar girls and what we think of the Farang that marry them.

Are you saying that you believe a lot of Thai bar girls to be so decent and normal (which I wouldn't completely disagree with, perhaps I would put the percentage slightly lower than you but they certainly do exist) that you think it is perfectly normal and acceptable for Farang to marry them. Essentially that you don't see it as being any different to marrying someone from your own country who isn't a prostitute?

Or like me, are you just saying that many of them are decent people making a slightly alternative living but deserve to be treated as human beings, the same as any body else and not spoken about as if they were sub human?

I think if you were to take any average person and look into their past you would find many if not most have done something far more morally distasteful than being poor and having sex for money, at some point in their lives.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I read that post, but it still did not make sense. But it was explained, so yes, I understood what you posted, was just not as easy as it could have been: if you would have used the 'edit' option you could have updated your post, so it would have been clear, well, more or less, what you meant in the first place.

Thanks for the advice about the Edit button, computers are not my thing learn something new every day

I agree with practically everything you ever say 'Stevenl', so would be interested for you to elaborate slightly.

I think we have got a little confused on this topic because we have been discussing two different things, both what we think of bar girls and what we think of the Farang that marry them.

Are you saying that you believe a lot of Thai bar girls to be so decent and normal (which I wouldn't completely disagree with, perhaps I would put the percentage slightly lower than you but they certainly do exist) that you think it is perfectly normal and acceptable for Farang to marry them. Essentially that you don't see it as being any different to marrying someone from your own country who isn't a prostitute?

Or like me, are you just saying that many of them are decent people making a slightly alternative living but deserve to be treated as human beings, the same as any body else and not spoken about as if they were sub human?

I'm saying there are 2 types of bargirls:

1) the ones who are out to get as many foreigners hooked as they can and get as much money from every single one as they can;

2) the ones who are doing this out of necessity with their main objective finding a decent husband.

I question the morals of the first group, IMO they are giving a honest profession a bad name, but think the second group is the majority, and have no qualms whatsoever about those girls.

Edit: I see a third group, forgot them earlier, the ones who are doing this just to have a good time. Nothing wrong with them as well IMO.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2

I'm saying there are 2 types of bargirls:

1) the ones who are out to get as many foreigners hooked as they can and get as much money from every single one as they can;

2) the ones who are doing this out of necessity with their main objective finding a decent husband.

I question the morals of the first group, IMO they are giving a honest profession a bad name, but think the second group is the majority, and have no qualms whatsoever about those girls.

Edit: I see a third group, forgot them earlier, the ones who are doing this just to have a good time. Nothing wrong with them as well IMO.

Good post. Like I said before I pretty much agree with that just that I would say group number 2 may not be as such a majority as you think and if you were to spend time in that scene you would probably find a lot more undesirables than you think.

However you have missed my main question again. I was interested to know your opinion of the Farang marrying them. Do you see them as being perfectly normal and adequate, or would you concede that their is a certain element of strangeness in their decision. Would you not agree that choosing a partner that is 15 years younger and far prettier than a partner they would get the conventional way, in return for marrying someone that has slept with countless men for money and someone that was likely to marry any farang that asked them shows a certain lack of integrity?

I'm not trying to say it's the crime of the century, but as you were defending the woman quite strongly I was interested to know if you thought that dissolved the marrying Farangs of any blame as well?

I think if you were to take any average person and look into their past you would find many if not most have done something far more morally distasteful than being poor and having sex for money, at some point in their lives.

Don't agree. Can you give me an example of what type of thing you are talking about. Baring in mind you said an average person.

Don't forget that it's only a tiny fraction of a percent of Thai people that are poor and think sleeping with strangers for money is a justifiable means to an end. The vast majority would find it just as abhorrent as women everywhere else in the world.

I think it is perfectly clear why the girl is marrying the foreigner: so she can be taken care of. For him it is also, or should be, very clear why she is marrying him: so she is taken care of and she can have a comfortable life.

This means that to both partners it is clear why they are marrying, whereas in western countries a lot of people claim to be marrying out of love. I doubt that very much, and doubt even more that after a certain number of years there is still love, if it was ever there.

I therefor have no problems with the younger, prettier etc. girls marrying an older, not so handsome partner, from either perspective.

Edited by stevenl