Need An Acre Of Land Clearing/Strimming

Kicker

We have a acre of land (2.5 rai) in Tambon Phalap, Khon Kaen that the land office are finally coming to measure and put down makrker posts next month (after a year of waiting rolleyes.gif). It has been left for several years and is somewhat overgrown - the land office stipulates on the appointment card that the land must be cleared and accessible (or I may be waiting another year tongue.png ).

I hope a fellow board member can help out with a recommendation for somebody local that would be able to clear the land with strimmers etc, ideally fairly soon. The area that needs clearing is approximately 1.5 rai.

I am not located in the area hence the need for help, but will be travelling there in the next week or so on an unrelated matter, so it would make sense to try and sort this out at the same time.

Many thanks.

post-46117-0-46929200-1335076569_thumb.j

post-46117-0-33755800-1335076589_thumb.j

post-46117-0-57427200-1335076686_thumb.j

I don,t know any one near you,But I just cleared about 1/2 rai in Non Leung Muang Khon Kaen, I used a local Farmer with a tractor, actual I use two,The firs, a friend of my Father in Law, and a very nice guy , showed up with a small Cubota tractor, he was able to push the dirt around but unable to remove some of the large tree stumps, and some cement that was there from some old gates,he was very apologetic, and asked only for 200 bht, we had a couple of beers and i gave him 500 bht.he was very happy and I will use him again after I build and I need some one to spread the top soil.Then I got an other guy from the village, he had a large Ford tractor, and made short change of all the cement and tree stumps, he worked very hard most of the day, as some of the tree stumps were large and he had to dig around them and expose the roots. I gave him 3,000 bht for the day.

I am sure if you ask around in your vilage there would be plenty similar farmers, and they will be happy to help you.

Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - unfortunately I am around 600km away living in a different province, but will be up there next week with a only couple of days to spare. I'd really like to get someone lined up for when I get there.

The small tractor thing is a good idea.

Forgot to add - Phalap is Amphur Muang approx 6 km from the city centre heading towards Kalasin on route 209, not out in the boonies.

Edited by Kicker

From what I have observed when the land depart comes out and sets the markers all that needs to be cleared is the property lines and then only enough to walk through from corner to corner and/or shoot them with a transit.

It shouldn't cost much to do that. I would guess that you could probably hire a couple of people from a village nearby for about 250 baht each for the day.