Why Do Falang Ignore Falang?

Plucky

Football shirts....singlets and budgie smugglers are a definite no.

Spider tattoos on the neck....nose rings and obvious steroid abuse are on the advisory list.

Short skirt and a smile will get me chatting every time though. Farang or Thai. biggrin.png

I've become a good judge of a person based on the first minute or two of interaction....sadly through experience however....

I had to do a 10-second research project there, and I was about to post "This internet thingy is just tops!" but then my eye happened to stray to the Google Images for "budgie smuggler". I'm struggling to face the Konigludwig in front of me, now. I feel a little queasy.

And staying on topic, what are you doing in Diggers of a Sunday afternoon? Apart from drowning your sorrows at missing the rugby?

SC

Its ma local these days pal....I'm back in toon fir a wee while...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider tattoos on the neck....nose rings and obvious steroid abuse are on the advisory list.

Short skirt and a smile will get me chatting every time though. Farang or Thai. biggrin.png

I've become a good judge of a person based on the first minute or two of interaction....sadly through experience however....

I had to do a 10-second research project there, and I was about to post "This internet thingy is just tops!" but then my eye happened to stray to the Google Images for "budgie smuggler". I'm struggling to face the Konigludwig in front of me, now. I feel a little queasy.

And staying on topic, what are you doing in Diggers of a Sunday afternoon? Apart from drowning your sorrows at missing the rugby?

SC

So you're at the dead end of the road then...

Straying back on topic - do farang ignore farang there

Cannae say ah've ivirnoticed any farang roondthair

SC

SC

So you're at the dead end of the road then...

Straying back on topic - do farang ignore farang there

Cannae say ah've ivirnoticed any farang roondthair

SC

Nae idea min....ah jist pick up the phone an ask fir a number 22 and some prawn crackers likes...

Now I've been here a bit longer I kind of get it a bit more. There's only so many times I can have the conversation of where I am from and what I am doing here. Thinking of getting business cards printed up with all my relevant details on to hand out.

Now I've been here a bit longer I kind of get it a bit more. There's only so many times I can have the conversation of where I am from and what I am doing here. Thinking of getting business cards printed up with all my relevant details on to hand out.

I'll stop ignoring you, if you've got business cards to hand out. As I mentioned, normally I avoid striking up a casual conversation with strangers, out of fear that they may have come out without their cards, and be embarrassed that they cannot reciprocate when I offer one of mine.

Of course, I was too mean to get any of my own printed, so I give them one of the many that I have collected over the years, and I tell them a little about the person whose card it is. A tremendous way to break the ice, although sometimes I wish I had restrained my extravegant narration, when it turns out the other party also knows the person whose card I am passing over, and refutes my claim that they are, for example, the longest-serving inmate at the Bangkok Hilton, or some other such minor embellishment to the dull facts of their description

SC

One thing I love about living in Australia, people acknowledge and talk to you.

I notice the same westerners walk down our quiet soi in NongKhai, year after year without a nod, bye you or leave you.

Totally a different ball game with the Thais/ other Asians.

I dont care what nationality people are but a smile goes a long way and to be perfectly honest I find it arrogant and rude.

I do think that many expats believe that they are superior for some reason or other lol.

Australians are friendly people, but we middle Europeans are an unfriendly bunch of people....It is just our culture which must be respected (this culture that must be respected is normally only used for all not white people)

I discover that I too am beginning to ignore other Farangs, mainly because they generally ignore me. A guy in Big C nodded to me the other day, apparently, and my wife asked me why I didn't respond. Oh dear, what a complicated web we weave!

PS I really must get a Tshirt made for the benefit of other farangs. My ' I hate plastic' one for use in BigC doesn't seem to be working.

Edited by cooked