Keeway Rkv 200 - Any Good?

While the thing is that I really like the Keeway RKV200 for what for type of motorcycle it is, I have some serious reservations about people turning it into something what would compete with something like a Honda CBR150Ri.

The Keeway RKV200 is in a nice market, something the Honda CBR150Ri will never tough, it's perfect to kilometers to performance... just to say it much easier it's the perfect commuter bike. The Honda CBR150Ri is much more concentrated on sporty riding...

While I writing this about the the Keeway RKV200 I also want to tell that Keeway probably soon have a kick-ass (USA-developed, and USA brandname) fuel-injection / liquid-cooled motorcycle available that will set the score right with any of the benefits the Honfa CBR150Ri has...

On the other hand we see slow development from the other contenders of the best commuter motorcycles. The Lifan KP150, while the liquid-cooling, is a major improvement ! It's no keeping up with the price for value competition...

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About exhaust, what do you think of this one : I really like the look and the sound. wub.png

Can someone tell me what is the brand of this exhaust please?

Edt: dam_n, I also need to find theses BENELLI stickers O_o. It looks way better than my KEEWAY logo

I've see that exhaust before, I saw it long time ago on mocyc site...

edit:

actually here it is:

http://www.mocyc.com/market907266/

https://www.facebook.com/1modify

it costs 4800 baht. looks sexy thou.

Edited by brfsa2

It could also be interressing to change the beam light on RKV. Original lighs bulb are 35watts if I am not wrong and maybe 50 or 60 watts would be better riding at night...

The usual 1st things to change are increase air intake with new less restrictive filter

Can you explain me a little bit more ? Are you making alusion about air filter ? How a new one could improve top seed ?

Edited by DrAzTiK

The usual 1st things to change are increase air intake with new less restrictive filter

Can you explain me a little bit more ? Are you making alusion about air filter ? How a new one could improve top seed ?

Yes you change the usually restrictive foam type air filter to one of the panel types K&N/DNA brands etc. for better less restrictive air intake

Same theory for the exhaust except of course it is exhaust not intake which is restricted less.

After those mods are dome of course you want to allow more fuel. In your case that is a simple carburetor re-jetting

Fuel injected bikes need a FI Controller to do the same but electronically tell the ECU to allow more fuel.

Engine tuning is the same for any engine car,bike anything.

After those simple mods there are more but they get more complicated & costly.

The above mentioned mods are not expensive but effective first steps

which yield good gains.

Edited by meechai

While the thing is that I really like the Keeway RKV200 for what for type of motorcycle it is, I have some serious reservations about people turning it into something what would compete with something like a Honda CBR150Ri.

The Keeway RKV200 is in a nice market, something the Honda CBR150Ri will never tough, it's perfect to kilometers to performance... just to say it much easier it's the perfect commuter bike. The Honda CBR150Ri is much more concentrated on sporty riding...

While I writing this about the the Keeway RKV200 I also want to tell that Keeway probably soon have a kick-ass (USA-developed, and USA brandname) fuel-injection / liquid-cooled motorcycle available that will set the score right with any of the benefits the Honfa CBR150Ri has...

On the other hand we see slow development from the other contenders of the best commuter motorcycles. The Lifan KP150, while the liquid-cooling, is a major improvement ! It's no keeping up with the price for value competition...

c'mon!

For Keeway 200 to reach the level of cbr150i, they need half a century i guess! Dont let these upside down forks etc fool you.

Also, cbr150i is a great bike and very good demand for it in Thailand as i see lots on the streets as even price conscious Thai citizens prefer to pay 20 k more and get a Honda cbr150i with a better performance and quality!

ergonomics are not like supersport bike. You can be upright if you want on a cbr150 and it is comfortable. That is why a lot of moto couriers use this in Bangkok all day to deliver things in fast, realiable and comfy way with less depreciation if you want to sell it. Just a honda cbr150i is a no brainer over keeway 200!!!

c'mon!

For Keeway 200 to reach the level of cbr150i, they need half a century i guess! Dont let these upside down forks etc fool you.

Also, cbr150i is a great bike and very good demand for it in Thailand as i see lots on the streets as even price conscious Thai citizens prefer to pay 20 k more and get a Honda cbr150i with a better performance and quality!

ergonomics are not like supersport bike. You can be upright if you want on a cbr150 and it is comfortable. That is why a lot of moto couriers use this in Bangkok all day to deliver things in fast, realiable and comfy way with less depreciation if you want to sell it. Just a honda cbr150i is a no brainer over keeway 200!!!

for you its a no brainer......

Not everyone has the same priorities you have otherwise honda would be the only bike sold here. So try to think from other peoples perspective.

Honda might make sense to some but for one thing You can not compare the ergonomics of the keeway to the honda. Completely different. You ever sat on keeway ?

Edited by pokerkid

On my Keeway TXM200 I can sit straight up and not have to lean forward at all. That is the way I prefer to ride. And my seat is very comfortable. Not everyone want to ride around hunched over like a racer. I have owned sport bikes and they are not comfortable to my body. They are nice to look at, though.

c'mon!

Not everyone has the same priorities you have otherwise honda would be the only bike sold here. So try to think from other peoples perspective.

Honda might make sense to some but for one thing You can not compare the ergonomics of the keeway to the honda. Completely different. You ever sat on keeway ?

it is not only a no brainer for me but also it is a no brainer even for a primary school graduate moto courier and tens of thousands of users all over! but not for you unfortunatelywhistling.gif

• Like 1

c'mon!

it is not only a no brainer for me but also it is a no brainer even for a primary school graduate moto courier and tens of thousands of users all over! but not for you unfortunatelywhistling.gif

I am happy that I still use my brain a lot thank you very much wink.png .

I object to all the critisism these bikes get from people who never owned or rode one.

In Thailand Honda and Toyota are king of the mountain but does that mean they are the best choices for everyone ?

A lot of people look for other things in a bike than you and most of the thai population do.

You chose to drive Honda so that's a good, safe choice. No problem with that whatsoever but you seem very agressive (lately not so much anymore thumbsup.gif )in your attitude to Chinese made bikes.

This is most likely because the Chinese have a reputation of making a lot of crap products however the new generation of bikes are actually very good value for money and quality has improved a lot. Even You can't deny that.

For you it seems difficult to imagine why people buy bikes that make no sense to you at all. Sense is the key word here.....

I think almost all Keeway owners are very happy with their bike, you can read it in this and other forums. Are you trying to convince them that they should be unhappy with their bikes?

Edited by pokerkid

I am happy that I still use my brain a lot thank you very much wink.png .

I object to all the critisism these bikes get from people who never owned or rode one.

In Thailand Honda and Toyota are king of the mountain but does that mean they are the best choices for everyone ?

A lot of people look for other things in a bike than you and most of the thai population do.

You chose to drive Honda so that's a good, safe choice. No problem with that whatsoever but you seem very agressive (lately not so much anymore thumbsup.gif )in your attitude to Chinese made bikes.

This is most likely because the Chinese have a reputation of making a lot of crap products however the new generation of bikes are actually very good value for money and quality has improved a lot. Even You can't deny that.

For you it seems difficult to imagine why people buy bikes that make no sense to you at all. Sense is the key word here.....

I think almost all Keeway owners are very happy with their bike, you can read it in this and other forums. Are you trying to convince them that they should be unhappy with their bikes?

pokerkid, i am just expressing my opinion. I am not here to say bad things for chinese bikes but if someone states here like a Keeway is a better value bike than a cbr150i and add misleading info, i sure add my ideas.

Dont get it wrong. If someone is happy to ride a Keeway, i have no problems.

Its just that I still remember You using the words "Keeway to hell"

Like I said, You seem to be more reasonable now and objective. Not as agressive as before.

still, i suggest everyone to pay for a second hand cbr250r that buying a Keeway 200.

Thanks for your kind words.

This entire thread has been very helpful for me in deciding to buy a RKV200 in Thailand.

I first noticed the RKV200 about 6 weeks ago at a motor show in Chiang Mai, I was surprised to see what appeared to be a well made Chinese bike for 59,000 baht.

I have previously owned 2 Chinese bikes, one was truly awful and best forgotten, the other was a Platinum 175 about 5 years ago and was actually OK but very slow, though it never let me down.

It seems that Chinese bikes have come a very long way in a few years. I'm old enough to remember when in the UK a lot of bikers used to refer to Honda and Kawasaki as "Jap-Crap", could it be that in time they will be considered to be equal to or better then the Jap big four ??

Anyway, I considered lots of bikes and the RKV comes out on top for 3 main reasons.

1/ It's the right height for me, and appears very comfortable.

2/ The price... it's cheap.

3/ The reviews from actual owners are positive.

I read someone here suggest that Honda has not made a OHV engine in the last 50 years, that's so untrue. The Honda CG125 was a very popular bike the world over and spawned many clones, it was always a OHV (pushrod) engine. To me the RKV engine looks like it was inspired by the Honda OHV singles from the 70's but with modern production methods, electric start and electronic ignition so in theory it should be very reliable and last a long time.

At 59,000 baht it's not a big risk if it turns out to be disappointment in the future. I bought a Kawasaki D-Tracker a few years ago when they first arrived in Thailand and that was a BIG disappointment for me, especially the pathetic tank range.

I'll post a running report here after I've clocked up a couple thousand KM.

• Like 2

I have changed the exhaust. My acceleration, is way better and the sound is amazing but I didn't gain any top speed.

The next step will be to customize the bike with more green color /stickers in order to have a nice overall Italian/benelli design looking. The goal is quite modest : just make my bike the sexiest one of Chiang Mai :) he he

My mechanic have also made a carburator rejetting and valve ajustement. It's running perfectly.

See you soon my friends !

post-111213-0-16135500-1388012425_thumb.

post-111213-0-70102700-1388012451_thumb.

• Like 1

It's a great little bike for riding when within it's limitation. This morning coming back home at 4:30 am from a Christmas party full twisties barely any cars. Was doing 70 - 100 kms/hour. In the 8 kms travel back home saw maybe 5 cars. I've forgotten how fun it is to ride with no traffic. Been a while since I driven around late like that due to the high risk of getting jacked.

We planning a little trip of 4 hours ride of pure twisties some time in January. 8 rkv in all plus 1 en 125. Identical bikes apart from tires n accessories except the Suzuki of course. Playing catch up to higher cc bikes ain't fun. Should be fun apart from the uphills. I'll post how she held up on the trip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I won't buy a Keeway because it's a China bike - Pure and simple. Gotta say they look nice and I could be tempted but, then I shake it off and tell myself to have a little pride. Would rather ride a Raider 150 than a piece of China crap. Don't like the CBR style bikes, the Lifan 250 (made in thailand) seems like a good alternative. If people would stop buying China Crap, we'd have a better chance of name brands giving us the models we want.

Been waiting for the Suzuki SU - I like the retro look. Won't happen..... Why.????........Because people are buying Keeways

I won't buy a Keeway because it's a China bike - Pure and simple. Gotta say they look nice and I could be tempted but, then I shake it off and tell myself to have a little pride. Would rather ride a Raider 150 than a piece of China crap. Don't like the CBR style bikes, the Lifan 250 (made in thailand) seems like a good alternative. If people would stop buying China Crap, we'd have a better chance of name brands giving us the models we want.

Been waiting for the Suzuki SU - I like the retro look. Won't happen..... Why.????........Because people are buying Keeways

People are buying what they want and what they like, not what benefits you.

This thread is not about what you think people should buy, it's about real and sensible feedback for this bike. people Who knows, not people who think they know (that's call a troll, like you)

just so many trolls in this thread...

• Like 1

This thread is not about what you think people should buy, it's about real and sensible feedback for this bike. people Who knows, not people who think they know (that's call a troll, like you)

why not?

if someone can say i am happy with keeway and i dont mind if it is a Chinese bike, than another has the right to say " no, i dont like keeway as it is a Chinese crap'

All same, about preferences in life!

Edited by ll2

why not?

if someone can say i am happy with keeway and i dont mind if it is a Chinese bike, than another has the right to say " no, i dont like keeway as it is a Chinese crap'

All same, about preferences in life!

yes, BUT the ones that like it actually own it. The ones that hate it do so because they hate all bikes made in China. If someone has some objective criticism I'm all ears. That means at least they drove the bike or can show us some reports to support their claims (about this Keeway rkv 200, not some other old chinese bike or a thai made platinum)

Edited by pokerkid

I'll bet alot of people who own a Keeway are probably embarrassed to say they bought a bike that sucks in the long run. But they're cheap right and they have the style the big names don't offer. You wouldn't rather pay more for a better quality bike. I would.

I saw a 1981 Honda Rebel 250 for sale 85,000 baht at a shop in Udon. The bike looked pristine. Now because of the age I won't buy it, point is Honda made the bike to last. You get what you pay for...........................

And that's my fair and balanced opinion................................

I'll bet alot of people who own a Keeway are probably embarrassed to say they bought a bike that sucks in the long run. But they're cheap right and they have the style the big names don't offer. You wouldn't rather pay more for a better quality bike. I would.

I saw a 1981 Honda Rebel 250 for sale 85,000 baht at a shop in Udon. The bike looked pristine. Now because of the age I won't buy it, point is Honda made the bike to last. You get what you pay for...........................

There are many honda rebels that are now on the scrapyard. its up to each individual owner to maintain his bike. there is a post somewhere of a guy that saw a neglected cbr250 that had been left outside to rot for 2 years or so. Does that mean the cbr250 is low quality? of course not.

The point with the new generation chinese bikes is that you get a lot of value for money. Many people who do not have enough to spend on a bike have to choose between a new honda wave ,pcx or one of these 200cc keeways.

I agree with ll2 that a 2nd hand cbr250 makes a lot of sense but the ergonomics are completely different.

Can you tell me which bike can compete with the Keeway rkv200...... You will come up with some old second hand bike or a new scooter, thats it.

There is definitely a demand for cheap motorbikes like this and almost all owners are happy with their Keeway 200.They know what to expect so they do not expect Honda quality.

Edited by pokerkid

Name brand is name brand. Better quality. Better performance. No argument there. So are Keeway bikes in par with Japanese bikes? Hell no. But they are damn good n will do just about anything a Japanese bike can do. It's about availability n price. But for you to claim many Keeway owners are embarrassed to say it sucks just shows you never ridden one. I've signed up for a klr but not because I'm embarrassed but because I need more CC for long trips. N just for the record I'm still keeping the rkv for city n short trips. My friends have all assortments of bikes ranging from small medium n large Japanese bikes n I can tell u I ain't embarrassed to ride next to them because people that have experience with one knows well. Keeways has come a long way. It looks good, performs well n can take a beating. Just ask any moto taxi in my country. Uphills, downhills, city, highways you'll see countless of them 2 up, lugging all kinds of things from luggage to cement bags. It's not even uncommon to see 4 people on one. Can a Japanese bike do that? Hell yeah but so can a Keeway.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I really don't know how owners can come with comments like indicator feel off the day I bought it,chained snapped and nearly flipped me,dropped it once and now Dashboard don't work and still claim it's a good bike,if I was considering buying one of these them comments would put me straight of it,they are supposed to be new reliable bikes.

Really does mystify me it like the owners seem to accept these faults for some insane reason.

did you buy a Keeway? Don't think so.Better not post your experiences with another brand in this keeway topic. there is enough confusion already about

these bikes, many are not even chinese but thai made like platinum and stallions.

If I remember correctly you bought a gpx diper. Now you are free to start a topic about that bike and share your experiences with us, or maybe you already did,

Just stop the china hate drivel on this topic, all owners are more than happy with their keeway rkv 200 which has as much in common with a gpx diper as a honda compared to a suzuki.

Edited by pokerkid
  • Like 2

It was a simple question to owners regarding there opinions of the bike nothing more nothing less ,geez you are repetitive poker child bringing up posts from what 2 years ago ,if you are a owner feel free to give me your reasons why you think it's ok to accept these faults ,if not put me back on ignore like you claimed you did 2 years ago.

It was a simple question to owners regarding there opinions of the bike nothing more nothing less ,geez you are repetitive poker child bringing up posts from what 2 years ago ,if you are a owner feel free to give me your reasons why you think it's ok to accept these faults ,if not put me back on ignore like you claimed you did 2 years ago.

was that 2 years ago ? time surely flies.

Listen, I understand that you bought a lemon but that was not a keeway, The keeway does not have these faults, The same as a honda wave does not have the same faults as a suzuki raider . They are complety different bikes from a different manufacter. See the relevance ?

The reason why i bring up a post from long ago is that you mentioned that you had bad experiences with a chinese bike but you did not say it was a gpx and NOT a keeway.

A bit like going to the honda cbr650 topic and complaining about problem with a kawasaki versys.

Edited by pokerkid