How Much Notice To Cancel True Visions.

sunshinegirl

Was your cancellation via an in person visit to a True Service Center? Assuming you rented the settop boxes from TueVisions did they come and pickup the boxes several weeks after your cancellation and provide a settop box deposit refund a month or so after that? Probably not since they are still sending you bills. Just wondering how you did the cancellation (i.e., in person, a phone call, etc) and during this cancellation did they mention any payments due maybe because canceling early, etc.

Was your cancellation via an in person visit to a True Service Center? Assuming you rented the settop boxes from TueVisions did they come and pickup the boxes several weeks after your cancellation and provide a settop box deposit refund a month or so after that? Probably not since they are still sending you bills. Just wondering how you did the cancellation (i.e., in person, a phone call, etc) and during this cancellation did they mention any payments due maybe because canceling early, etc.

Great info. We had to wait for our one year contract to expire and then we canceled. It was easy, though they did bug wifey for weeks trying to get us not to cancel, then to renew. They finally gave up.

Technicians came out and took the boxes, but left the dish. We even got our deposit back.

Great info. We had to wait for our one year contract to expire and then we canceled. It was easy, though they did bug wifey for weeks trying to get us not to cancel, then to renew. They finally gave up.

Technicians came out and took the boxes, but left the dish. We even got our deposit back.

Yea, they left our dish also along with the cabling. This is when we switched from TrueVisions satellite to TrueVisions cable (same programming and price just better quality signal and no rain-fade). A guy on a motorcycle shows up with the box-in paperwork, we give him the boxes and subscritpion cards, he logs that onto the turn-in paperwork, the wife signed it, we got a copy, and off he went. Now when it came to the deposit, we did get it but it took 100 days from box turn-in to check in the mail...and that check would not have occurred without two follow-on visits to the Service Center saying where is our deposit refund...it's been over 45 days already!! And about a year before that when we turned in just one of our TrueVisions satellite boxes it took almost 6 months along with numerous visits to the Service Center to get our deposit refund. But hey, the deposit refund is a common problem based on posts I've seen on ThaiVisa. Seems some people get the refund no problem while others don't and have to followup numerous times until the check shows up in the mail.

Thanks for the replies. Finally got to the bottom of it. When we rented the house the Astro box was already installed and we called to get reconnected but they had just kept the owners name on it. When we wrote cancellation letter to shop which my hubbys secretary handed in we had our name on it and seemingly they did not cancel it because it was not in our name. So now by the time it is all cancelled we will have 3 months to pay. Owner who stays abroad is going to try to get it cancelled today. lesson learned.

Now I am confused

You started off talking about cancelling True Vision

Now you tell us you have an Astro box........

Two totally different companies.

Is that part of the problem??

Now I am confused

You started off talking about cancelling True Vision

Now you tell us you have an Astro box........

Two totally different companies.

Is that part of the problem??

Sorry for the confusion Ive just moved over to Malaysia and its Astro we have here, lol It really was True Visions.

Edited by sunshinegirl