Where Do Complain About Corrupt Police?

kriswillems

If mum and dad of policeman were very rich, one would assume that he/she would have obtained a university degree and would be in other work instead of a 8K a month police job and if the wife was rich why would she want to marry a policeman. However what your wife says may very well be true, who knows.

Not at all - being a copper is one of the best routes to high levels of success here, that or the army. It's like taking up investment banking or corporate law back home.

Thaksin being a case in point.

Of course being an honest cop or soldier is a career killer, have to be prepared to play the game for all its worth.

IMO in every sector of the Thai economy, high levels of economic success would be absolutely impossible without participating in corruption.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got stopped a few years ago after passing a truck.

From what I understood from the copper, I was not allowed to use the right lane, and had to pass the truck on his left (???).

I explained that it didn't make any sense, but he insisted: Pass trucks on their left.

So, after a few minutes of debating I took my wallet and asked: How much?

He only, replied: No more passing on the right lane na!! Go go!!

I left without paying.

Was this a BiB newbie or what.

Got stopped a few years ago after passing a truck.

From what I understood from the copper, I was not allowed to use the right lane, and had to pass the truck on his left (???).

I explained that it didn't make any sense, but he insisted: Pass trucks on their left.

So, after a few minutes of debating I took my wallet and asked: How much?

He only, replied: No more passing on the right lane na!! Go go!!

I left without paying.

Was this a BiB newbie or what.

Must have been an Australian Voluntary Cop. They are aware of bribery laws overseasgiggle.gif

• Like 1

"I used the right lane too long"

Really, anybody in this *&%^^()% country knows that right lane is ONLY to pass cars ?

Hate all the Somchai with their pickup who drive all the way from Bkk to Pattaya on the right lane. If I had balls I would shoot them :-)

Paint balls??
  • Like 1

Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread. Just wanted to say:, "I am over it" smile.png

I drove 40000 Km last year and lost 100 B to the police, despite my Thai driving style. So, if you think about it's actually a very good deal and it doesn't matter much that I didn't do anything wrong at the moment I was stopped. There must be numerous occasions I made serious traffic violations in front of the Thai police and they didn't stop me, while in my country they would have send the fine to my home address by mail.

In my country I get about average 8000B fines on 40000k, but I never felt angry about this because I deserved every single fine. Well, maybe I was a bit angry, but on myself.

Edited by kriswillems

Thanks to everyone that replied to this thread. Just wanted to say:, "I am over it" smile.png

In my country I get about average 8000B fines on 40000k, but I never felt angry about this because I deserved every single fine. Well, maybe I was a bit angry, but on myself.

Maybe learn from the experience and next time take a deep breath and start counting until you go back to being rational, and before posting here.

Basically whatever happens to you here is because that's the way it is, you can learn to avoid many pitfalls by reading others experiences and then you don't have to look silly.

Must have been an Australian Voluntary Cop. They are aware of bribery laws overseasgiggle.gif

Or by accident stumbled on to the link.
Maybe get something like this printed onto a business card or a sticker for the windscreen of the car:

< Thai language removed, This is the English language side of the forum, if you want to post in Thai language, you can do so in the Thai language forum. >

http://www.crimeprevention.gov.au/Financialcrime/Pages/InformationandAwarenesspack.aspx

That should leave them thinking

On a different note, the section of Highway 24 I have been pulled up in a a number of awkward driving situations and I thought it was an "on the spot fine" and as there were so many police around they would all make a "bulk transaction" to have a more efficient use of their time and resources.

One other time I got done at the bottom of Sukhumvit with some overseas guests, and went into the box and paid the fine. One of the guests was outraged as her husband worked in the Australian Police, sort of in a role of internal affairs. My Wife was outraged as I paid about 200 baht too much. Go figure thumbsup.gif

• 1 year later...

just had lady ake 120 baht to help me order meal and run away after ..i follow her to nearby disco, she leaves shouting for poliice , i am left suttounded suddenly by nobody belevung me and she hits me full in face and othing is done@ i leave after the so called chef of police gets angry with me. i have at no time done anything more than ask for my 230 baht returned.....now i understand you must know someone bigger to get some justice..i am annoyed as i am not a toutsy and live here ten years...nowhere to complain and nothing i can do...no principles no face yet this is a society which prides itself on upholding face if nothing else...i will follow this all the way at any cost and am already publishing with UK news, so many people will know and not come to Thailand

foolow up on my last post this is just to show how the woman criminal can get away wiyh any crime incuding asssault in ront of the police at the exoense of a foreigner , even though that person maybe a of high importane , as in my case , an ambassador for UK, they will be punished and severely, but how did they think they could do this to anyone?

i expect they have sterted many made up lies about what happened and tried to cver themselvwes as always...unfortunately for them this is fat too big an issue and they will all be held to account, this eime the law was filmed and is unrefutably on y side and i await full apologies or removal from posts

i am already in Rngland and will publish everydetail unless a full apology and refund of 120 baht is made now today not later..this is extreme action for an extreme corruption of a small tourist poroblem...think how much better it could bewith some loss of face and reak justice being done

not going away.....as i have said the woman robbed me and then in full view of the police hit me full in yhe face,,i want my justice 120 baht and full apology from her and the police...especially the police who said he wasd the top poicr man! i am not going away this will be dealt with..everyone read this and dont be afraid to pubish your own stories....i will win this case with help from much higher officials whom i have known over ten years,,,,underlings beware who think they are big, YOUARE DOOMED TO THE SACK!

ok lets be clear here...i know the names of the hua hin police who in this case are corrupt and i have the names of their superiors and i have the lawyers willing to back me in my newspapers name, be very asraid now , tomorrow you are too late, i will expose you and you will grovel and lose face and apologise in person to me....

no replies yet...ok ..this is now out of my conytol...international publications are already interested and wriing their own copies....quick with your replies here or it seems you lose whatever happens to my complaint

I used to live in Hua Hin. I was pulled over a couple of times for U-turns, a couple of times for undisclosed reasons, a couple of times for other undisclosed reasons. I slipped the BiB a minor contribution to their dinner and left it with that and decided to focus on more important stuff.

And you what? It was worth every satang.

You can complain all you want right here on tv about corrupt police. It won't do any good, but it might make you feel better. Good luck for any farang changing anything in Thailand for the better. Accept the differences and use them to your own advantage.

ok lets be clear here...i know the names of the hua hin police who in this case are corrupt and i have the names of their superiors and i have the lawyers willing to back me in my newspapers name, be very asraid now , tomorrow you are too late, i will expose you and you will grovel and lose face and apologise in person to me....

Sounds to me like you finished up with egg on your face or what ever it was and you are flogging a dead horse.

I am just back for 2 month in France

All cupboards being empty, yesterday morning I had nothing for my breakfast

I went to a coffee shop... a coffee with milk ...3€50

So yes Thai police may be corrupted ... but some expats are not particularly zen cheesy.gif

All this fuss for less than 3€

By the way I asked for a second coffee biggrin.png