Where Do Complain About Corrupt Police?

kriswillems

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just had lady ake 120 baht to help me order meal and run away after ..i follow her to nearby disco, she leaves shouting for poliice , i am left suttounded suddenly by nobody belevung me and she hits me full in face and othing is done@ i leave after the so called chef of police gets angry with me. i have at no time done anything more than ask for my 230 baht returned.....now i understand you must know someone bigger to get some justice..i am annoyed as i am not a toutsy and live here ten years...nowhere to complain and nothing i can do...no principles no face yet this is a society which prides itself on upholding face if nothing else...i will follow this all the way at any cost and am already publishing with UK news, so many people will know and not come to Thailand

cheesy.gif

get a life

I can't believe you think such a normal trifle is worth your time even posting here, much less getting your blood pressure up.

This is the way things work here, making a fuss about it as a barely-tolerated guest will only get you real trouble, believe me they can do whatever they like if you make enough enemies with real power.

Check out Singapore, I hear they care a lot more about rule of law of there.

Isn't this scaring anyone else ?

I generally dislike police, but laugh at how cheap it is here to deal with them. It's not a big deal. 100b. Yes, I know it's principle, but it's easier just to pay them and be on your way. Smart to have 100b note ready at all times for moments like that to speed up the process. I always keep a 100b note in the folder copy of my passport. When I get pulled over by the police on my bike (for whatever reason) and they ask for ID, I give them the copy, they take the 100b and send me on my way. Easy peasy.

Corruption is a way of life here. Everyone does it. Join the party and use it to your advantage when you can. Think how much it would cost in your home country. 100b - 200b is laughable when you really consider what is happening.

It's that type of attitude that encourages bigger awful extortion such this Australian couple whose wife was killed by a traffic offender and instead of trying to give justice to the poor bereaved boyfriend, the cops took his passport put him in prison and demanded 15 000 dollars to release him.

Complaint Centre - Royal Thai Police

Patumwan, Bangkok

Email [email protected]

P.O. Box 1234, Rong Muang, Bangkok, 10000

Tel 0-2251-2891 / Hot line 1194

And before he contacts anyone at that address, I suggest that our kriswillems makes sure that his life insurance policy is in order, creates an up to date will for his next of kin, or contacts a good Thai lawyer as pictured below.

All I can say is, that he`s a brave man. Good luck and to all who sail in her.

Hey, somebody's gotta do it. You go Kris! rolleyes.gif
Well, this was the first or the second number in BKK I called to, I got it via 1111. I gave them my telephone number and asked them to call me back to return the money. Nobody ever called (nor did they seem interested in ever contacting me). You really don't need a life insurance, because they really don't care. They probably get hundreds of these calls every day.
Very good chance you are the first person to EVER call that number

One way to aviod being a "TEA MONEY" trap is to buy 2 dash cams one pionted at speed meter and road, and the othe pionted at drivers side window and after the BIB's see thease 2 cams I belive you will have no problem telling them that you have video evidence to show your speed and position on the road and his photo, and you will never pay another "TEA MONEY" fine agian.

happy drivingsmile.png

I generally dislike police, but laugh at how cheap it is here to deal with them. It's not a big deal. 100b. Yes, I know it's principle, but it's easier just to pay them and be on your way. Smart to have 100b note ready at all times for moments like that to speed up the process. I always keep a 100b note in the folder copy of my passport. When I get pulled over by the police on my bike (for whatever reason) and they ask for ID, I give them the copy, they take the 100b and send me on my way. Easy peasy.

Corruption is a way of life here. Everyone does it. Join the party and use it to your advantage when you can. Think how much it would cost in your home country. 100b - 200b is laughable when you really consider what is happening.

If 100THB is laughable, why not just pay the 400 THB ticket and not contribute to corruption. Surely 400 THB is also laughable.

I happen to know plenty of Thais who refuse to pay bribes. When everyone does this, bribery will stop.