Any Hardware Stores Around Downtown?

gjthegreat

Downtown where? If you are talking Pattaya there's several along Thepprasit road that sell a lot of different hardware. Then you've got Homepro next to Big C Extra, Homeworks on Sukhumvit road etc.

Edited by giddyup

Downtown where? If you are talking Pattaya there's several along Thepprasit road that sell a lot of different hardware. Then you've got Homepro next to Big C Extra, Homeworks on Sukhumvit road etc.

Ah but what happens if he means downtown Chang Mai, or if he is on the wrong forum completely and means down town London ?

Ah but what happens if he means downtown Chang Mai, or if he is on the wrong forum completely and means down town London ?

Then I've just wasted 3 minutes I'll never get back.

Hardware stores here tend to just sell general smaller fittings and tools.

Specialized shops are needed for anything unusual, and commodities like metal are definitely sold only in specific neighborhoods, in Asia like businesses tend to cluster together.

Assuming you mean Bangkok, I've seen copper shops in the back sois south of Sathorne in an area around "Soi Pradhu" between Charoen Rat (the north-south expressway parallel to the river) and Sathu Pradit.

This is one of my pet peeves about Thailand, just how hard it is to source stuff, many of those in business here treat such information like trade secrets. Best thing, assuming you speak Thai is to have a sample or picture of what you're looking for and get a local motocy guy to run you around. Sometimes you can find one that will do it for say B150 per hour as long as your just running around the local area not covering large distances, or just figure 20-40 per stop and check with him on the running total as you go to avoid a big surprise at the end.

There's also an English version of the Yellow Pages available from TOT's main office, but it's been ten years since I picked it up, seem to recall back of Mahesak area somewhere.

Aye, there is also a homepro on ploenchit near wireless.

I would suggest that one of the two hardware stores near Soi 17 Robinsons could either provide you what you need or point you in the right direction.

sorry my apologies i meant in sukhumvit area in bangkok

Passing through Chinatown last night saw shops with copper pipes and blocks - didn't see sheeting - between Yaowarat and Hualongpom station area.

I doubt HomePro would have anything that "raw industrial", tend to be finished packaged products.

Believe me this is something sold by specialized merchants, and these congregate in specific areas, not likely to be found in farang-ghetto areas.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK