Tot Offline In Bangkok For Several Hours Now

ukrules

My TOT ADSL appears to be offline in Bangkok at the moment. I can connect to local Thai sites but nothing I know of works internationally.

This service is normally VERY reliable with only a couple of hours downtime in the last year that I can remember.

I'm connecting right now on my Android WiFi hotspot via a Happy sim card on their 3G service which I use as a backup connection.

It appears to have been offline now for aout 2.5 hours.

I'm in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok.

Anyone else having smiilar problems in central Bangkok ?

All lights were flashing normally on my router during this outage which suggests to me the problem was upstream.

Traceroutes showed a complete stoppage within the TOT network. The trace got about 5 hops in - then it just stopped responding to anything.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it's all working again. I have been living in Nakhon Pathom for going on 6 years now, and during the first several years, TOT was AWFUL. THEN, some competition came in; up until that point, TOT was the only game in town. After the competition came in and offered faster speeds at lower prices, TOT woke up from their long slumber and got their act together.

I'd like to know what the multiple hour outage was all about though if anyone has any information on it.

To separate fibre optic cables in the south of Thailand were severed. According to TOT, one was cut by nibbling squirrels (or possibly mice), the other by someone planting palm oil trees.

Yesterday in Pattaya, we were out from about 8:40am, until 11:30am. At work, 3BB worked fine during this time. The TOT call center just rang busy too, so it must have been a serious outage.

TOT has been off line since Saturday PM (I live in Mahasarakham) we cant get through to the call centre as they have an automaic message to say , leave your number..

Is anyone having the same problem or anyone know what is happening

TOT telephone is not working which gives us our line for the Internet and we have not got TV because our TV goes through the Internet .(We have a dreambox)

I reported the outage like everyone else, but since then, for the last five days, I've had service, but it has been intermittant and crap. I'm unable to stream anything from youtube, etc. I suspect if the fiber optic cables were cut, they are still not yet repaired fully.