Innovative Thai Advertising With A Risk Of Losing Your Bank Card

I believe the banks are working on the assumption that most customers will press the yes; I did like the advertising -. button, just for an easy life in fear that if they press no, the ATM will swallow the card.

Well if the banks are thinking that then they're crazy - no-one in their right mind would actually think the ATM will keep their card if they press no.

You would be surprised.

You maybe a man of the world and not fooled easily but there are plenty out there that would hesitate to push that no button and this is what the banks, are banking on.

You forget to insert the word 'of fools' between "plenty" and "out there."

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Yellow bank ( Krungsri ) ATM and I always get the money first, then my ATM card and last the receipt. And there is not publicity yet....

And like another ronthai said..we are allowed 4 free withdrawal using other bank ATM each month in the same banking area but the banks charge 10 bahts for the 4 "free" withdrawal outside your banking area...

I use Bkk Bank ATM's. They operate with the same sequence of events as your Yellow one (maybe all others also). The OP quotes a different sequence? Anyhow, a good idea to closely follow instructions on the screen. When my card is ejected, a loud beeping noise is emitted from the machine until the card is removed. So you would have to be very quick to leave without being reminded to remove your card. Short of an emergency, I would always use an ATM at the bank branch.

I absolutely agree, and have no idea about what all this fuss is about.

I've used Bangkok Bank for 6 years, and never once have I had an advert flashed in my face, a yes or no prompt to answer a question to get my card back, nor silence in the return of my cards. Of course, I have a BKK Bank account, and as there are ATMs of this bank everywhere never have I been charged for usage.

The ATM clearly has the English option, withdraw from which account, offers a statement 'prior to withdrawal' if needed, gives the cash, and returns the card 'prior' to a request for receipt - whilst giving a bleep tone during all this latter time, once money is dispensed.

Personally, I've never had a prob. I must be one of the lucky few who doesn't go to an ATM pissed up! whistling.gif

-mel.

Same here, I really don´t understand the fuss/hype/hysteria, whatever. I have BB for 10 years, never a problem..

Can´t you read the screen and press the buttons, or what..?

But this statement got my attention:

"I am spending a few days on Koh Samui with my family, one of my favorite tropical islands. The place has everything: from unspoiled beaches and endless coconut plantations, to high-end dining and a good night life. Although I was here mainly for business related reasons I had a great time."

I´ve been to that rotten, crime and mafia infested hellhole of a tropical "paradise" before, and I will never, ever go back there!!!!

Mafia-owned, overdeveloped, polluted, crazy pricelevel, crazy people, violence, assaults, robbery, yabaa-monsters everywhere, you know these black curly "padthai" youths, who hate farang, never will I go back there...

Rant over, thanks!

wink.png

Edited by laurits

The funny thing about these ATMs, is that first they ask you in what language do you prefere the writing to appear into(English/Thai, some machines have even more languages to choose from), i always select "English", then you get this ad in thai only and the only english you can read in there is "Angry Birds", should we take it as an instigation to play that game with the machines??? why at least a small slingshot is not provided by such machines during the operations then? However, after i believe a whole minute is gone, if you haven't selected anything, the card will eventually pop out again....

post-73039-0-86704900-1336712968_thumb.j