Is This A Computer Glitsch

I keep getting automated cancellation notices from amazon.com for products i have never ordered.

I have replied asking them to fix the problem but with no luck.

The automated cancellation orders come through at 11.14am and 11014pm everyday.

Can anyone help me to explain how to fix this?

Are you certain these mails are coming from Amazon? it's not unknown for spammers to pretend to be someone else.

By replying you are confirming that the email is a working one and increasing its selling price :(

You're probably not going to stop the mails (unless they really are Amazon and they fix it), add the sending address to your spam-filter and the mails will still arrive but you won't see them.

"I keep getting automated cancellation notices from amazon.com for products i have never ordered.

I have replied asking them to fix the problem but with no luck."

These are phishing/malware scams and do not emanate from Amazon.

Just look at the real link in the email which will have nothing whatsoever to do with Amazon.

Do NOT reply and do NOT click on the links. You can forward the emails to Amazons anti-phishing dept if you like and you will find the address on the Amazon help page.

• Like 1

I had the same today, I never ever ordered anything in my Life from Amazon. The links as Darrel already said, are hosted on "hacked" website.

Just look at the Pic. (This is just an example) They have nothing to do with Amazon, just Phishing attempts

Read here for more info:

http://www.yale.edu/its/secure-computing/privacy/fake-urls.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

"I keep getting automated cancellation notices from amazon.com for products i have never ordered.

I have replied asking them to fix the problem but with no luck."

These are phishing/malware scams and do not emanate from Amazon.

Just look at the real link in the email which will have nothing whatsoever to do with Amazon.

Do NOT reply and do NOT click on the links. You can forward the emails to Amazons anti-phishing dept if you like and you will find the address on the Amazon help page.

unfortunately i have already sent message back to sender.what can i now do to protect myy information and security

^ I hope you didn't give them any personal info. Did they ask for any ??

Edit: //

If they asked you for usernames and or passwords it's highly advisable to change those passwords IMMEDIATELY !!!

Edited by MJCM

hi MJCM,no i just returned the email to sender address and told them not to send anymore

they did n't ask for any.it just quoted a cancellation number to a supposed order i had made(which i had n't)and they listed a book i had supposed to have ordered

hi MJCM,no i just returned the email to sender address and told them not to send anymore

That's very good !!

I think you will see an increase in Spam Email in the coming days / weeks as they now know that your email is a live one ! Live means a working email, with somebody actively reading it.

Follow the links in my Post #4 and start reading about Phishing and Fake Links

Yep, as Darrel already said, do not click on links from senders you don't trust. And also be very careful with links in emails from senders you do trust.

Just learn how to distinguish Fake Website Links

Edited by MJCM

A few days ago I received 4 separate Emails from "[email protected] via .................." with 4 different additions to the "Address" after "via", all ended in ".net" .

Message was : "FW: You just sent a payment to (different First name each time) Peterson"

All Messages had the same "Transaction ID:" , highlighted as a supposed Link.

The amounts were (allegedly) between US $ 60.- and US $ 100.- .

"Merchant ID" was a Hotmail Account, "wc(First name as above)[email protected])" again highlighted as a "Link".

After my initial, understandable, concern I realised that the Email Address to which these "notifications" were sent was similar to, but not exactly the same as, my Paypal Account Email Address so I discarded the messages and made sure no-one had clicked on any Link before I had done so.

Be careful out there!

Patrick

^ Not everyone is that computer Savy ! Even hardened IT professionals sometimes get fooled by these spammers but they will never admit it.

LOL. It is always obvious when it's spam. If you didn't order anything from Amazon then they wouldn't send you cancellation emails. It really is that simple.

BTW, just clicking on the link (which the OP obviously did) can open your computer to malware. There are classes of infections that all you need to do is visit an infected webpage, and you are infected. So at this point, it's possible the OP is at risk. Solution (presuming you're on a Windows PC): Get reputable anti-virus software, and do a complete scan of your computer. Set it up so you have a real-time shield which blocks unauthorized installation of software.

How dense are you?

These are spam/phishing emails.

Geeze.

well if you are referring to me then i would agree i am denser than you,but you know shit happens,you dont think,click on,get curious and find you've been invaded.never mind i've not had anymore for over 24 hours,did n't give any info away,have antivirus so maybe all not lost.