Pool Supply Shops In Bangkok?

danfred

Our pool should be completed within the next month... can anyone recommend a nice pool supply shop in Bangkok? We are looking for poolside furniture (wood, steel or plastic), volleyball net, pool toys for the kids, chemicals, test kits, etc. A one stop shop for everything pool related would be great!

Thanks so much!

Dan

• 4 months later...

Bump.

Actually I am looking specifically for a comprehensive supply of chemicals that can be bought on the day, rather than ordered (since I am visiting Bangkok). Particularly looking for liquid chlorine or any other form of chlorine that can be used for shocking a pool that is normally treated with 90% chlorine powder. Also basic chlorine/pH test kits and algaecide

• 2 weeks later...

I'll partly answer my own question then!

AstralPool (Fluidra) Thailand

110/4 M. 13 Rachathewa Bangplee

Samutprakarn THAILAND 10540

Tel: +66-2-7389420

http://www.astralpool.co.th/sites/national/th/map.html

I had been there before to get advice about the Astral Pool equipment in my pool. Its main raison d'etre is supplying Astral Pool kit (they will arrange contractors to do that anywhere in Thailand I think), but I noticed they had a range of chemicals on display and I did buy one of several algaecides there. It is not a comprehensive chemical supply shop but if you live on the West side of Bangkok may be worth phoning to check if they have your needs. Good for pool accessories though.

The address and web-site is absolutely useless as a means for finding them. They are on Kingkaew Road (Bang Phli), which is a highway running parallel to Highway 9 (Kanchanapisek Road) in the section between the Bangna Trat-Chonburi Freeway and the Chonburi-Pattaya Freeway. Kingkaew Road is in between Highway 9 and Suvarnabhum Airport. Their offices are inside a mini-industrial estate about 1 km north of Wat Kingkaew on the western side - so you need to be travelling north on this divided highway. Sorry, I cannot remember the Kingkaew soi number for their industrial estate, so you will have to call. The receptionist speaks basic English and they have knowledgeable staff who speak good English.

Someone tell them to sort out their locational guidance please!

Pool & Spa (or something like that!)

Kingkaew Road (Bang Phli)

I had noticed this one when visiting Astral Pools above. I do not have an address or phone number (cannot find on Google - I'm convinced I've seen it somewhere on the web before). I do know they are exactly 2.5 clicks north of Wat King Kaew on the western side of Kingkaew road and you can't miss their sign if you are in that area. It's a warehouse set back from the road behind a security-guarded barrier. Just drive in

Quite a large operation from the look of their warehouse and the number of staff. Their office/shop had a very good array of pool accessories but the story on chemicals is a bit different.

Me: I'm looking for some shock treatment chemicals please - do you have liquid chlorine?

Him (boss I think - good English): why do you want to shock your pool?

Me: because my combined chlorine levels are too high

Him: falang shock pools too much - not necessary in Thailand

Me: So do you have any shock treatment

Him: No, special chlorine not necessary. If you use chlorine powder for your regular treatment, just put a lot in and aim for 10ppm chlorine - should work

He claimed he was the biggest importer of chlorine in Thailand and could supply Japanese 90% powder for 4,000 baht per 50kg and Chinese for 3,000 baht per 50kg. That's very cheap.

Him: What other chemicals you use?

Me: Sodium Bicarb and Acid (I have a sack of that other powder that increases pH but have never used it)

Him: Why do you need to use those?

Me: My Total Alkalinity tends to drift down and my pH drifts up

Him: (Not seeming to understand Total Alkalinity) at all. Farang use too many chemicals. They all come from hot countries where they need chemicals to balance pools. In Thailand we have lots of rain - no need for chemicals - just chlorine. (He did later acknowledge that his experience was with Bangkok water and maybe Isaan ground-water supplied pools were different

So I think we can conclude that this is not a comprehensive chemical supplies shop. Oh he did have algaecide and he would be worth trying for chlorine since that is clearly what he lovestongue.png . Very good stocks of equipment, pool parts and accessories though. An interesting guy to talk to notwithsatnding the hilarious east meets west cultural exchange! Maybe he's right and we are all too anal.

JD Pools

2192 New Petchaburi Road, Bangkapi

+66 23192526

jdpools.com

I did ultimately find some shock treatment chlorine tablets here. However they had very little of anything on display in the shop and i had to wait 5 minutes while they retrieved it form the warehouse nearby. Not my idea of a comprehensive pools supplies shop, but it is very central (see map on website) - under the lee of Bangkok Tower on the south side of New Pet Rd once you have passed Ekkamai on the way into town. I would phone them to see whether they have what you want since I have no clue as to their stocks. The two girls spoke a little bit of English but I spoke mostly Thai.

So, three places tried. None of them met my original requirements as beinga comprehensive pool chemicals supplier with a shop you could browse. Other places I would have gone to and reviewed for y'all had I not met my immediate requirements were:

Pool Doctors

78 Samkee Road, Tasai, Nonthaburi 1100

+66 2952 4591

http://www.thepooldoctorsthailand.com

Another pool business that seem's unable to put a locational map on the net! Perhaps they don't welcome call-in visitors. Someday I'll phone them and find out.

They have a very comprehensive range of chemicals portrayed on-line. When I looked a year or so back their prices seemed very high (particularly against a small supplier in Isaan called PWPool near Khon Kaen, the disappearance of whose website suggests they were too cheap and went out of business)! When I looked more recently with the benefit of 14 months pool ownership under my belt the prices did not seem too extraordinary

Sakhana Pool & Swim Co Ltd

2-8 Th Chak Phra soi 16, Thaling Chan, 028813266 sakanaswim.com. Website seems to imply a reasonably comprehensive operation but I have not tried. Sorry - everything in one para - some glitch not allowing me to use return for a para break! Bangkok Pools, 1078 Onnuch (On Nut?) Rd, SuanLuang www.bangkokpools.com. webiste makes it look like a pool construction/seller rather than a comprehensive supplier. Any comments or additions would be welcome. Sorry if my comments have offended any business - just one man's isolated experience!