The Best Schools In Rayong Area

bluesmith

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bluesmith, did you find any information on schools? I have never been able to get any real comparative information on GIS, St Andrews and Regents but would be interested if any one has experience with several of these schools.

My kids are at GIS and we have friends at REPS and both seem OK to me as a parent (not an education expert). We have had some very good teachers at GIS with one exception. The kids at GIS are good and probably better behaved than me at their age ! Parents expectations vary a lot especially with the mix of nationality and cultures at GIS, so finding a comprise between discipline, academic results (home work, tests etc), sport and physical development and nurturing development etc must be tricky. I think the school management achieves this but they also seem to like putting fees up and dictating rules and regulations.

One thing to consider is where you hope your kids will end up. GIS and St Andrews are probably fine for University / work in an English speaking country but the situation is different if your kids may stay in Thailand. The Thai Language development at GIS is minimal and would need a lot of supplementing for a realistic future in Thailand. This is partly the reason for REPS and some students moving between the two schools. I don't know the REPS syllabus or the Thai University system well. Anyone with more knowledge on this have any comments on how REPS students will fit in to the Thai system?

Thanks Jitar I just wanted some feed back for people in the area. My little chap goes to GiS and he is not doing so bad i guess.

I am no expert like your self (School of Life was Fine for Me ) But I have heard lot of talk about the other schools in the area as a parent You would like to be sure that you are doing the right thing and I think we are .