Engl Books Translated Into Thai

THAIPHUKET

My wife likes to read. Can you suggest some well translated Engl. books? And name the Engl title and show it in Thai letters too?

Don´t worry about subjects, based on the English title I see what will catch her interest. Obviously, novels about love and all that are always a good read. Perhaps combined with some light history, travel stories, whatever, no restrictions in brainstorming!

Thai bookstores carry most popular English-language books translated in to Thai.

But they don´t show the English title, so how am I supposed to know what it´s about, author is not much of help and the condensed summary I can´t read. That is the reason that I am hoping for someone to come up with suggested titles.

I am happy to look at a web site, if there is one showing Engl/Thai titles.

Edited by THAIPHUKET

Well your wife may not take to Jack Reacher, but I think he is great.

He is the creation of English born author Lee Child and 2 of the books (to my knowledge) have be been translated to Thai

Killing Floor ลานละเลงเลือด

Die Trying ตาต่อตา ตายต่อตาย

Lots of blood, gore and dead bodies but cracking good reads.

If anybody has come across any other Lee Child books in Thai, please let us know!

Thai bookstores carry most popular English-language books translated in to Thai.

But they don´t show the English title, so how am I supposed to know what it´s about, author is not much of help and the condensed summary I can´t read. That is the reason that I am hoping for someone to come up with suggested titles.

I am happy to look at a web site, if there is one showing Engl/Thai titles.

Here are some available from B2S

http://www.b2s.co.th/products.php?typeid=1&typecode=101006000

sure, I did not :-)

I went to the largest Thai book shop in Chiang Mai and asked 3 ladies to show me a book they like. They came up with one. Outside and inside teddy bears. No, no, I said, a book for adults. I bought is after they all had convinced me it was indeed an adult book. Must be true, my wife can´t stop reading it. Now I am thinking, looking at book covers that are few things which illustrate the cultural differences in mindset more than illustrations.

Come to think of it, my original question may reflect a typical western arrogance, if so it was not meant that way.

I am sure there are Thai authors too, who have written novels, travel stories about the Farang world.

Can you name some? As I said, the idea is to broaden the horizon.

Or, in which Thai publication can one find good reviews on Thai books?