Photo From Soi 6 Raid Last Night.

cathy211

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police collected money and everything was back to business as if nothing happened.

They don't care about underage girls and/or if they use drugs any more than they care about elephants being poached. Hell, most of the Thai karaoke bars are full of underage drug addicts and they are frequented (and owned) by local police.

• Like 1

The police collected money and everything was back to business as if nothing happened.

They don't care about underage girls and/or if they use drugs any more than they care about elephants being poached. Hell, most of the Thai karaoke bars are full of underage drug addicts and they are frequented (and owned) by local police.

What is considered underage for this line of work?

What is considered underage for this line of work?

The media always reports 15 - 17 years old when such raids are made, so I'd reckon that is the average age of underage Pattaya bar / karaoke girls.

If police fully applied all the laws that exist then half of Pattaya would have to be closed. I am sure no-one wants that.

That they selectively raid for certain things is simply a matter of logistics but to do so on a whole Soi is proof that there were no favourites on that Soi at least.

If they were just after pocket money as is suggested, then no-one would have ended up in jail.

If anyone is fined by the court or pay due fines at the station that can hardly constitute corruption.

I am very aware of the reality of police stations being virtually self-funding and senior officers having to buy positions and even ranks but without the extras that some get there would be no police stations and, whatever one may feel about the differences between here and the West's way of doing things, it seems to work and a lot of good policing gets done and a lot of foreign visitors and residents get help - as well as Thais.

I don't set out to be an apologist for Thai police but I do know that many more robberies, motorbike thefts, and a myriad of crimes would occur if they were not there and and that many crimes are indeed solved daily.

I will sit back now and await the typical vitriolic responses that TV seems to generate.

• Like 1

Read the article, no underage only yabba heads found.

Difficult to reveal age with a urine test. rolleyes.gif

But it's likely that they asked everyone for their ID cards don't you think?

Okay, if you want to give the BIB some credit for thinking outside the "box". :rolleyes:

.....so the jet ski scam is not a crime then Peter.......

If proven, yes, but how to do that on a case by case basis ? It is firstly a civil case for damages brought by the jet-ski operator rather than a police matter. The disputes are about the amount for any damage and believe me when I say that the majority who come into a police station admit that they caused damage. No policeman can assess what repair costs and what days lost cost and if the renter and jet ski operator cannot agree then then a report can be made by the operator and the case can go to court soon after. City Hall was once agreed as the place to take these cases but that proved unworkable so they continue to turn up at the police station. Those that do not are likely the ones where real intimidation takes places but even then is difficult to prove by a station officer who never saw it but he would take a report if one was made.

I think the police, like all here on the forum, would like to see proper regulation, licencing and insurance in place but that is not in their hands to control. I have no evidence of any jet-skis being in police control and if anyone has, then say so.

Edited by petercool

Sounds like you're in on the scam mate, rolleyes.gif

I am in the police station often, that is true, but I have never been part of any negotiations on settlement there or anywhere else. I simply assist Thai police in conveying the options to both parties. Period. I do not receive, and have never received, one Baht for that or anything else I might do there.

I am in the police station often, that is true, but I have never been part of any negotiations on settlement there or anywhere else. I simply assist Thai police in conveying the options to both parties. Period. I do not receive, and have never received, one Baht for that or anything else I might do there.

So you speak good Thai I presume? Fluent?

So you speak good Thai I presume? Fluent?

Yes. 45 years in Thailand and an original 1 year course to high school Thai level helps.

so you work for free then?

so you work for free then?

Yes. I work as a Foreign Police Volunteer and am used to all the attacks aimed at us and all the misconception that we are the Foreign Tourist Police Assistants and all the guesses and innuendos and bar talk and posts here that are anti. But I know what is positively achieved from this work so that all normally bounces off me. But it does wear thin at times and then I react and try to reasonably explain what I can - as I have done here and above and in other threads.

Yes. I work as a Foreign Police Volunteer and am used to all the attacks aimed at us and all the misconception that we are the Foreign Tourist Police Assistants and all the guesses and innuendos and bar talk and posts here that are anti. But I know what is positively achieved from this work so that all normally bounces off me. But it does wear thin at times and then I react and try to reasonably explain what I can - as I have done here and above and in other threads.

Yeah right - I've had direct, first hand experience of Pattaya's FTPV's and my opinion is that they are f**king useless.

In fact, they are worse than useless since their connivance in the whole BIB's fiasco makes them complicit in the problem.

Sure, they might help a few old ladies across the road but IMHO thats about all they're good for. That and stutting about in their ridiculous uniforms. Pathetic.

Edited by londoedan
  • Like 1

Yeah right - I've had direct, first hand experience of Pattaya's FTPV's and my opinion is that they are f**king useless.

In fact, they are worse than useless since their connivance in the whole BIB's fiasco makes them complicit in the problem.

Sure, they might help a few old ladies across the road but IMHO thats about all they're good for. That and stutting about in their ridiculous uniforms. Pathetic.

I said it was a misconception that we are connected to Tourist Police. Why further that misconception ?

I said it was a misconception that we are connected to Tourist Police. Why further that misconception ?

Apologies for the typo: I meant FPV.