True Move Dropping 3G Subscirbers

Was a True Move 3G user until they disconintued my 3G service. Now I see they only offer Edge. I know it was a trial, so I guess the trial is over?

Was thinking about using Truemove H, but they don't allow top ups to be sent to True Move H pre-paids. So now I'm on 12Call. So far I think it's a bit slower, overall ok.

Anyone else get dropped?

Your post doesn't make much sense.

....but they don't allow top ups to be sent to True Move H pre-paids....

What does this actually mean in plain language?

You can top up a TRUE H Prepaid SIM in a myriad of ways, including online at a local 7/11 and then apply your package via SMS Short Code, USSD or online via the Web.

The iSIM can even be topped via the web. Plus there is the iService.

I also have the same problem.

Same Prepaid True Sim card for about 10 years now and used 3G since it was available on eastern seaboard.

Last time I had not enough credit on the card to auto - extend the package. A week later I topped up and booked a new package:

http://www.truemove.com/th/wifi-edge-gprs-package.htm

Just send V2 to ... blablabla same a always.

Take a look at the page...

Before I paid 399 Baht for 500 MB traffic , now it is 1.25 GB. I thought great, super tongue.png

Booked the package and no internet at all. Called the true service center, took them 2 minutes to explain to me that I have to turn off 3G on the iphone, my new package is only for EDGE!

3G is not longer available for my old card, I should change the card....

Great service from True. Only question I have, how do you use 1.25 GB of traffic on True Edge. Foooqing EDGE is so slow, the speedtest doesn't even start.

To open a simple non graphic webpage takes minutes if it opens at all.

They told me If I want to use 3G I have to get a new SIM TRUE H Card, to transfer my old number takes around 3-7 days... Prepaid is also available, 1GB about 370 THB.

True Corp. has been saying in presentations that they plan to shut down the "trial" 3G network, and Hutch's CDMA network by "mid-year".

Evidently they have shut down the TrueMove 3G network sometime over the past few days?

You can port your existing number to TrueMove H as they have a similar 3G network (850 Mhz). http://www.truemove-h.com/en//mnp_faq.aspx

You could port to either pre-paid or post-paid,

http://www.truemove-h.com/en//freetosurf-talk.aspx

http://www.truemove-h.com/en//prepay/prepay-topping.aspx

DTAC also operates an 850 Mhz 3G network, albeit with less national coverage, You can also port from TrueMove to DTAC or Happy.

http://www.dtac.co.th/2009/eng/package/smartphone.html

http://www.happy.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=333&Itemid=368〈=en

Hello lomatopo,

thanks for the Info.wai.gif I think I'll stay with True as I was happy with the speed. I was only a little bit annoyed because of the ad on there website.

I mean, for me it is absolute impossible to download 1.25 GB on there EDGE networtk. It is extremely slow. So I think a lot of people only read the 1.25 GB and don`t look that there is no 3G service included anymore.

It is like a buffet restaurant, imagine usual time limit is 90 minutes, food is fine and price is fair.

You go there for 1 year and next day they announce the time limit now not 90 minutes but 3 hours, same price as before... Most people think, cool more time same price....

You pay and enter the restaurant.

And all they offer is rice soup.

Agreed. For reasons which remain unclear to me TrueMove appears to have done little in the way of informing existing 3G customers of the shuttering of their trial 3G network, or the availability of 3G with TrueMove H. I'm not sure if it's due solely to incompetence (probably), or if there are some internal organizational barriers preventing the smooth transition of TrueMove customers to TrueMove H? Various True spokespeople even complain about this publicly, even blaming the MNP consortium, of which they are a founding member. It does however remain clear why TrueMove are the #3 player here. ;)

How can I see if my 3G has been cancelled? Or have they actually cancelled the whole service? Did a speedtest check just now:

Download: max 4405 kbps. Average on around 3000.

Upload: 3322 kbps

Ping: 46ms.

This was done on an application from Speedtest.net.

On my Galaxzy S2 it sats H+, unlike when Im back in Norway it would say 3G. What does this mean?

Agreed. For reasons which remain unclear to me TrueMove appears to have done little in the way of informing existing 3G customers of the shuttering of their trial 3G network, or the availability of 3G with TrueMove H. I'm not sure if it's due solely to incompetence (probably), or if there are some internal organizational barriers preventing the smooth transition of TrueMove customers to TrueMove H? Various True spokespeople even complain about this publicly, even blaming the MNP consortium, of which they are a founding member. It does however remain clear why TrueMove are the #3 player here. wink.png

Saving face? I don't see what is wrong with 2-3 sms reminding existing customers about the new change sad.png

And you cannot transfer your balance over from TrueMove to True H? Even if not at the store, at least at a truemove shop?

Edited by 4evermaat

Your post doesn't make much sense.

....but they don't allow top ups to be sent to True Move H pre-paids....

You can top up a TRUE H Prepaid SIM in a myriad of ways, including online at a local 7/11 and then apply your package via SMS Short Code, USSD or online via the Web.

Yes you can top up True Move H in all those ways EXCEPT the Refill on Mobile method where a merchant sends credit from their phone to yours. Unlike all the other Networks, this method is not an option for True Move H customers. I.e. if this is the way you top up - don't switch to True Move H.

How can I see if my 3G has been cancelled? Or have they actually cancelled the whole service? Did a speedtest

I only noticed it when I let my package lapse, and tried to sign up again. If you keep paying for your package every month, you may still have 3G access.