Thailand Needs Cricket

Is there any limit to Thailand's potential once cricket becomes the national sport?

No limits at all. After cricket becomes the national sport, Thailand can export cucumber sandwiches,

with a dash of cricket paste, to Australia.

That would give Thailand great potential by increasing it export market 200+%.

I think we would have clearly defined boundaries, with a rope laid around the edge.

No limits? no boundaries? No 4s and 6s? We'd be at sixes and sevens, so we would.

I bet our best cricketers would end up doing a runner.

SC

TV Cricket

Know your boundaries,

and play beyond them

What.....to beat the crickets to the cucumber sandwiches?

yeah, man...cucumber sandwiches and pretentions of civilization in white flannels is too much to bear...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sometimes there is a problem with the older spectators.

This seems to be one way of removing them when they invade the crease.

Tyoical young whippersnapper.....cannot be bothered to even say please. No manners this younger generation. Would not have been like it in my day.

Tyoical young whippersnapper.....cannot be bothered to even say please. No manners this younger generation. Would not have been like it in my day.

Sorry harry

I saw the errors of my ways.

Is it normal in Australian cricket to have two batsmen at the crease at the same time? Or is the fella with the walking stick a runner because the chap in the pads is a bit frail? I was surprised when someone posted the Australian fielding plan, with about 30 positions on it, but two batsmen does seem excessive. The lead batsman's bat seems a bit thin, as well, though I like his action

SC

Is there any limit to Thailand's potential once cricket becomes the national sport?

Now moving along re “Thailand's potential” once cricket becomes the national sport.

The way I see it, with cricket being the National Sport, it will be integrated into the Thai way of life.

This will be achieved by including cricket in the school curriculum as Plopmeister has started to do.

When this is achieved, then Thai society will blend into One BIG team, thus eradicating all the negatives that exist now.

Does not the OP say

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Now moving along re “Thailand's potential” once cricket becomes the national sport.

The way I see it, with cricket being the National Sport, it will be integrated into the Thai way of life.

This will be achieved by including cricket in the school curriculum as Plopmeister has started to do.

When this is achieved, then Thai society will blend into One BIG team, thus eradicating all the negatives that exist now.

Does not the OP say

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

With scouts, guides, assembly, good deeds, flag raising etc. when will the THai School ever have time for schoolwork if they add cricket.

Edited by harrry

Is it normal in Australian cricket to have two batsmen at the crease at the same time? Or is the fella with the walking stick a runner because the chap in the pads is a bit frail? I was surprised when someone posted the Australian fielding plan, with about 30 positions on it, but two batsmen does seem excessive. The lead batsman's bat seems a bit thin, as well, though I like his action

SC

I'm only a learner, SC, but I do think that we can be "a little excessive" when it come to two batsmen.....at one end.

Edited by kevjohn

Does not the OP say

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

With scouts, guides, assembly, good deeds, flag raising etc. when will the THai School ever have time for schoolwork if they add cricket.

Wont need all the other stuff when they learn cricket.

"What did you learn today?" children. "Cricket"

"What games did you play today?" children "Cricket"

Edited by kevjohn

I think it is really an umpire who because of his aging years has had to move closer to the action to see.

If he trimmed, his eyebrows, it might eliminate the poor vision problem.....biggrin.png

Edited by kevjohn

Just read your profile kevjohn....looks like you have been outed....google adwords strikes again.

Will have to introduce cricket to the google team. Might be some money to be made on the side.

Just read your profile kevjohn....looks like you have been outed....google adwords strikes again.

Will have to introduce cricket to the google team. Might be some money to be made on the side.

Yes Justin biggrin.png

Yes Justin biggrin.png

harry... don't tell me your just in now. This games been goen for 6 weeks. No wonder the old body is starting to feel it. All this bating.

And as for "Justin", he'll be my mate when I tell him about cricket.

Edited by kevjohn

Does not the OP say

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

Had anyone heard from Plopmeister?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

I had a look - I'm not sure I like the idea of a "clearance sale" at an internet dating site...

SC

TV Cricket

Its not a clearance

Its a boundary

Now moving along re "Thailand's potential" once cricket becomes the national sport.

Does not the OP say

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

I did read on another thread that he was helping teach the kids, at school, how to play cricket English.

Now moving along re "Thailand's potential" once cricket becomes the national sport.

Does not the OP say

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

I did read on another thread that he was helping teach the kids, at school, how to play cricket English.

That is reassuring...

I moderately Tech savvy ... what particular bit was I supposed to be look

See harrry's screenshot...

I think KJ has removed the evidence already

I had a look - I'm not sure I like the idea of a "clearance sale" at an internet dating site...

SC

TV Cricket

Its not a clearance

Its a boundary

How about buy now, pay later?

Does not the OP say

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

What did you have for lunch?...

Does not the OP say

"Thailand Needs Cricket"

What did you have for lunch?...

Ha Ha Ha............Cucumber sandwiches

with

cricket paste.

Sometimes a photo captures a moment.

post-104736-0-59957600-1340146383_thumb.

Not that the photo lies.

The implication is not the reality, still interesting though ...

I wonder what Cricket in Thailand will deliver for the snap happy Thai's ?

I can imagine the photo now... important cricket match in the background (maybe Thailand cruising to victory against Australia) and a grinning teenage girl in the foreground showing two-fingers (in the friendly way)...

If anyone reading this thread voted "yes" in the recent poll about being scared to post on TV, I would just like to say do not be afraid... this is a friendly thread...

Tell us what you think about Thailand's problems, the game of cricket, and how the latter can fix the former...

I received a luke warm response (none actually ... no comment, no likes ... nothing ... just like in space when no-one can hear you scream) recently from you guys with a the LBW thread ... have we gone off CheerLeaders? post-104736-0-59699500-1340168682_thumb.

Sorry, work, and the proximity of Cheers to the Client's office, have combined to limit my internet time-wasting.

I've always got a couple of knees for the LBWs

(terms and conditions apply)

SC

TV Cricket

We may be on our last legs

but we've still got knees in hand