Thailand Needs Cricket

Hey ... changing the subject a little ... where is Kevjohn?

I sort of miss him diligently scrawling away over a hot desk and a coffee, while I'm kicking back with a beer.

He bowled an honest over.

He hasn't joined JT and gone to play that 'other' game, has he?

I'd sort of be a little dissapointed if he was all of a sudden batting for the other side.

Baseball smileys-baseball-148276.gif is just not Cricket smileys-baseball-985004.gif !

Want to know more about

Fish Farms or a simple Australian Visa Application ?

I thought JT, our fitness coach, had taken KevJohn in hand, to stiffen his resolve, so to speak.

While I assume KevJohn is running a mile...

SC

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which reminds me...What about the 'Match Review Committee'...?.

I can do the commentary, if you like.

It doesn't require quite the same fleetness of fingers as trying to keep up with the rugby league.

SC

TV Cricket - the Team with Two Knees

I sort of miss him diligently scrawling away over a hot desk and a coffee, while I'm kicking back with a beer.

I'd sort of be a little dissapointed if he was all of a sudden batting for the other side.

Baseball smileys-baseball-148276.gif is just not Cricket smileys-baseball-985004.gif !

Want to know more about

Never been missed before....Thank you David48wai.gif

As I mentioned before ISP Pigeon Courier problems

Yep...pigeons have been moonlighting in South Africaermm.gif

http://www.news.com.au/technology/pigeon-transfers-data-faster-than-south-africas-telkom/story-e6frfro0-1225771449209

just got back to the desk and a hot coffee

and NO I'm not a traitor.......would never play that other game..smile.png

It gives me much pride to see how you guys have keeped up the good work

and overcome the matter of the fat yanks...thumbsup.gif

Streetcowboy,David48 and BookMan, you have all keeped things bowling along smoothly....clap2.gif

And Boss....You should be soooooooo proud, having put this fantastic team together....thumbsup.gif

And Jingthing, I look forward to working with you when you have sorted out "the hole in your head"...whistling.gif

Very good post; all valid and well-articulated ideas

I would just change the last point to: ... if they have eaten too much, we can just USE THEM TO ROLL THE PITCH

We already have a Roller - a Roller Blind, you may recall, c/w bowling machine

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

Want to know more about

I thought JT, our fitness coach, had taken KevJohn in hand, to stiffen his resolve, so to speak.

SC

Going back 10 year ago I would have run a mile,....wink.png but now, I manage from the desk to the loo....sad.png

Want to know more about

http://www.news.com....0-1225771449209

Streetcowboy,David48 and BookMan, you have all keeped things bowling along smoothly....clap2.gif

And Boss....You should be soooooooo proud, having put this fantastic team together....thumbsup.gif

And Jingthing, I look forward to working with you when you have sorted out "the hole in your head"...whistling.gif

In computer networking, IP over Avian Carriers (IPoAC) is a proposal to carry Internet Protocol (IP) traffic by birds such as homing pigeons. IP over Avian Carriers was initially described in RFC 1149, a Request for Comments (RFC) issued by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) written by D. Waitzman and released on 1 April 1990. It is one of several April Fools' Day RFCs.

Waitzman described an improvement of his protocol in RFC 2549, IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service (1 April 1999). Later, in RFC 6214 released on 1 April 2011, and 13 years after the introduction of IPv6, Carpenter and Hinden published Adaptation of RFC 1149 for IPv6.[1]

wickipaedia

Want to know more about

In computer networking, IP over Avian Carriers (IPoAC) is a proposal to carry Internet Protocol (IP) traffic by birds such as homing pigeons. IP over Avian Carriers was initially described in RFC 1149, a Request for Comments (RFC) issued by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) written by D. Waitzman and released on 1 April 1990. It is one of several April Fools' Day RFCs.

Waitzman described an improvement of his protocol in RFC 2549, IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service (1 April 1999). Later, in RFC 6214 released on 1 April 2011, and 13 years after the introduction of IPv6, Carpenter and Hinden published Adaptation of RFC 1149 for IPv6.[1]

wickipaedia

+1

Want to know more about

SC

Going back 10 year ago I would have run a mile,....wink.png but now, I manage from the desk to the loo....sad.png

That could be an issue for batting; you better get a box with some extra space

Very good post; all valid and well-articulated ideas

I would just change the last point to: ... if they have eaten too much, we can just USE THEM TO ROLL THE PITCH

We already have a Roller - a Roller Blind, you may recall, c/w bowling machine

SC

Hey...Streetcowboy....I'm already deaf.....would not see the balls comming if you roll me blind....

You may need to improve your diet, or improve your fitness...

SC

TV Cricket - Bowl a maiden over with leather red balls

Want to know more about

SC

That could be an issue for batting; you better get a box with some extra space

wont everyone just gather all around him like in the old days.

SC

or buy a potty, or set up your PC in the bathroom

Want to know more about

wickipaedia

Harry...Your wealth of knowledge amazes me.....thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Having broken the 1000 post barrier is anyone willing to make a prediction of how long it will take to get to 19000 and beat the apparently longest other thread. I know cricket is a slow game but will it take us several years like that one.

I think we probably already hold the record for the longest thread without post disapearances.

SC

or buy a potty, or set up your PC in the bathroom

Thank you Boss...I know who to ask when I want a practical answer...thumbsup.gif

Having broken the 1000 post barrier is anyone willing to make a prediction of how long it will take to get to 19000 and beat the apparently longest other thread. I know cricket is a slow game but will it take us several years like that one.

I think we probably already hold the record for the longest thread without post disapearances.

I suppose, for the benefit of our gentle readers who do not have the time to follow this thread every ball, every run, I should do a summary commentary on the Sports Page...

SC

TV Cricket - you can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but don't pick the stitching

Given my age....I will have to sign the 2 yr old grandson up to TV....but, hay......positive thinking can do great thingsclap2.gif

At the current run-rate we should pass the 19,000 landmark early in 2013

However, as anyone who watches movies knows, most of us will die during 2012

2012 is too early for me.I want to post the #18,999th post...

Edited by kevjohn

SC

Nar....been through all that....now it's time to let it roll.

Who has the record?

You do realize cricket has the (accurate) image as a sport of COMMONWEALTH nations? Thais have this kind of "thing" about not ever being colonized by the west.

That is exactly why this plan will work; the open-minded Thais have infinite potential to reap the benefits from cricket

Conversely, you have identified why the introduction of cricket would be met with too much resistance to be effective in fixing America

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

You do realize cricket has the (accurate) image as a sport of COMMONWEALTH nations? Thais have this kind of "thing" about not ever being colonized by the west.

That is exactly why this plan will work; the open-minded Thais have infinite potential to reap the benefits from cricket

Conversely, you have identified why the introduction of cricket would be met with too much resistance to be effective in fixing America

Yes....THailand boasts it has never been colonised but takes the best from outside......Oh we are talking about cricket.

Thanks again for your interest in this thread (and implicitly your support for my wider underlying plan)

Given your determination to identify potential pitfalls, maybe you would like to answer the following question...

Are there are problems / imperfections with Thailand that cannot be fixed by cricket?...