What Do You Do In Your Spare Time?

30sLad

Iv been to Thailand several times and now plan on living here for 6 months every year, and working in England for the other 6 months. I'm in my 30s and usually just hit the bars but now need an alternative. So how do you spend your spare time?

Last trip i watched Buriram United play so i have one day a week covered watching them

I can't even understand the concept "free time". Work is play play is work, only boring people get bored. Get interested in the world around you, take on inspiring projects and keep learning new things.

The meaning of life - your mission here on this planet - is to discover (or invent) your purpose in life. Everyone has something that only s/he can do - do that.

• Like 1

You are only limited by your imagination. Surely there must be something that you have always had in the back of your mind that "one day I'm gunna try that".....no??

Well there are plenty of bars that need elbow support.

You could try:

Cricket coaching, though you would need to wear a mask, as it would contravene your visa regulations.

http://www.thaivisa....-needs-cricket/

Young Thai gentlemen would benefit from guidance by someone of upstanding character in the spirit of cricket

SC

cricket rolleyes.gif .....Why not choose a real sport and get involved with that .......

I can't really see shinty taking off here, though I sometimes see signs that someone's been hurling on a Saturday night down Sukhumvit Road

SC

Move to Pattaya and open a bar. Get a few good looking girls and just watch the money pour in.

I know its a novel idea, but get ahead of the rush before someone else decides to do it......................thumbsup.gif

As others have said 'what spare time?'! I have projects (which take up most of my time), followed by exercise, bike riding, and aiming to catch up with friends once a week (or every two weeks which often happens). Other pleasures I try to fit in are usually Art based or activity based. Some time for language studies. Some time for doing nothing but chilling out. Between all that and general everyday life and everyday chores, my days fly. I dont even go out at night much. Once a month or so..and havent for months. ..and this just whilst my bf is working away. Although in general i still do those things when he is here, probably more to boot. But then again, just enjoying simply relaxing together can make the day fly past in the blink of an eye.

Profile hunting but a link would be wasted on the poor laddie unfortunately.

I tell you what...the clue is in my avatar.

Love that avatar btw smokie, hope you never change it.

• Like 1

Family History. Fascinating subject, though you cannot do it all on-line. I have traced parts of my family back to the 1600's in Yorkshire. I have oodles of cousins in Oz.

Computers, internet, travelling about, pubs, friends, music, reading, watching torrents I've downloaded. There are loads of things to do it is all a case of setting your mind to do what you want to do.

In many ways it is much the same as having free time anywhere and finding some way of filling in that free time.

I have a kid so I don't get spare time.

^^^^^^

This.

BUt if the OP is at a lose end and fancies babysitting.

I have a better offer for the op

Assistant to my assistant cheer squad coach for our Thai cricket team.

He has just injured himself and has his right arm in a sling.rolleyes.gif