This Is A Good One!

MikeOxtinks

Take a read of this article from the BBC!

"The defence attache at the British Embassy in Cairo, Paul Collins, says he is hoping to travel to the area in the near future, but is waiting for permission from the Egyptian army.

He told the BBC: "I have to go down there. This is a serviceman who was killed, albeit 70 years ago. We have a responsibility to go and find out whether it's his plane, though not necessarily to work out what happened."

The British Embassy deem it fit and proper to trek hundreds of miles into the desert to look at an old plane that crashed 70 years ago, but provide virtually no support for the Brits here in Thailand! They certainly have their priorities in order!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18038650

They cannot even issue a passport here these days, it has to go to Hong Kong.

But by God a jolly out into the desert - wouldn't miss it for the world by jove!

You also have to laugh at the comment by David Keen - a keen avianionist - where he states that the poor pilot broke a cardinal rule by walking off and not staying with his plane - Stay with it for what? He would be 95 now if he had sat there and waited! It has taken them 70 years to find it!

Edited by MikeOxtinks
  • Like 1

Its the defence attache, not the consular service.

Maybe you should stop reading current affiars articles if they upset you so.

I think it sounds interesting, and I'm glad that our government officials in far-off lands are not so pressured by the mundane day-to-day crises of the feckless and unfortunate that they cannot work a little 'outside the box'.

I'm going to stay on topic - looking for old aeroplane wrecks - and not get dragged into an irrelevant digression on the limitations of the resources available to our consular services, nor the inconveniences caused by our zeal for security

SC

• Like 1

Not much money in passports, but on conquer new countries there is a lot profit.

More important the profit is for the weapons dealer, banks, oil industry and their lobbyists are VERY friendly to the politicians.

If you hand out a few 100K Pound to every politician they will bring you your passport, if not your job is only to be milked via tax.