Grateful For Some Interim Advice Please.......Divorce...

Chivas

Mario2008

Thought I just update this if one or two are following perhaps being in similar situations.

The Wife has broken all contact and I received text to that affect from third party. I have no doubt that my sixth youngest child is gone for good and just have to accept it.....

The advice of paying to her Bangkok Bank account is good in relation to our son but of course I actually need an account number and never having had need of it before, I'm lost !

I cant imagine even a Thai Bank responding with an account number when I provide an address (and quite right too).....

Whats utterly perverse from my point of view is that for a few years I always wondered what exactly would happen re contact if the shight was ever to hit the fan......I could go to the home of course no problem but as she's clearly not there one would expect any English speaking relatives to become Deaf and Dumb....

Never ever would I contemplate again a relationship with these people !

Chivas, what you need to decide is what you hope to achieve. It appears from your posts that your marriage is hopelessly broken. If I were in your shoes I would cut off all funds, even support for your son until ordered to by the courts. If your son is what you hope to salvage from this relationship, then your idea of whisking him away on a big bird may be the only solution, unless you want to negotiate a one-time cash payment to you soon-to-be ex for the boy.

Sometimes you just can't win, no matter how hard you try to do the right thing. Your wife's position about your absence speaks volumes about her true feelings about you. Surely a Thai woman knows that family comes first and you are caring for your father, so if she cared about you and not your money, she would understand. There's obviously someone else influencing her actions. At this point, cut your losses and minimize the impact.

Sorry to hear that Chivas, that is a big bummer.

What you can do is perhaps let a lawyer write a letter to her parents/relatives and aksing for their help in bringing this to a good end.

Perhaps point out that a divorce is needed, the custody of the child must be taken care of and that you need a bankaccount to pay childsupport too. That might at least result in some opening/contact.

Just to update this the wife is currently at least answering the phone-just.

However she doesn't understand the need for a lawyer despite my former wife explaining to her the reasons why re Assets Children etc.

Am just hitting my head against a brick wall here !!

I'm reluctant to keep asking questions to my lawyer as no doubt I'm being charged each time they pick up an email so will ask here instead.

I have a lot of personal possessions at her home and a great deal of it irreplacable purchased in Thailand over time. Nothwithstanding there are laptops(2) there plus phones and all the usual stuff......

I am concerned that she may just trash the lot or in case of laptops sell them etc........??

I have previously detailed a list to the lawyer. How do I stand if she does indeed destroy the lot.....??

Edited by Chivas

First things first. Secure your assets. Remove any access she has to your bank accounts. If needed, set up a way of transferring money to support your child.

She can apply for divorce on the grounds of desertion. That will be through the courts. It takes time and money plus there are procedures to be followed before the court will grant a divorce. It’s not as simple as her requesting a divorce and being granted one on the spot.

The pinned topic “Thai Family Law” at the top of this forum is a good place to start. http://www.thaivisa....hai-family-law/

Also take a look through this sub forum as there have been a couple of threads recently along these lines.

I recommend negotiating an agreement for an uncontested divorce at the Umphur. I also recommend using a lawyer as there’s a child involved and possible property matters. An uncontested divorce is quick easy and apart from any property issues, cheap.

Try to avoid a court divorce at all costs. It takes months, possibly a year of more with the lawyers raking in legal fees.

Ok thanks.......

So she cannot just walk in to a lawyers office one day the Amphur the next and paperwork granted the next.....??

This is my ONLY fear at this time. Not concerned with the money issue at this time.

Although I didn't state as much desertion isn't on the agenda or could she claim it is ??

It can be proved with all reasonable doubt that she has been accessing my money (as agreed) right up to current times...

I'm not being Paranoid but I trust very few in Thailand !!

If there is no longer any love or trust, don't drag. The sooner you settle it(whether with her or not, legal or not) the better it is for both of you; so that both are free.

2 unhappy people will eventually become 4 happy people.

0I have a lot of personal possessions at her home and a great deal of it irreplacable purchased in Thailand over time. Nothwithstanding there are laptops(2) there plus phones and all the usual stuff......

The norm would be for her to destroy or dispose of the lot.

0I have a lot of personal possessions at her home and a great deal of it irreplacable purchased in Thailand over time. Nothwithstanding there are laptops(2) there plus phones and all the usual stuff......

The norm would be for her to destroy or dispose of the lot.

Cheers TP but only what I expected !!