Thai Police Arrest Brit With Foetuses For Black Magic

Lite Beer

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"...it's simply sensationalist journalism...": because you're the expert. Didn't you JUST say something about "sweeping generalizations"?! You're a funny one. Who the h#ll is a bigot?! You can't possible have been here for very long. You couldn't know the first thing about how things are done here. But you do seem to know a lot about how things are done in Britain.

http://www.independe...an-6297667.html

He could have picked up any number of things in Britain.

Yes it is sensationalist journalism and no, it's not a Thai conspiracy to get the ferang. Saying it's sensationalist journalism is not a sweeping generalization; I am referring to a headline, one, singular headline! How can that possibly be a sweeping statement?!

These are sweeping generalizations - "Asian peoples are morally superior to Westerners" "No true Taiwanese man would have done such things". thumbsup.gif

Ive often wondered what colour normal magic is?? That aside its no dafter than tying ribbons round a tree cutting off a Rhinos horn or religion ( there managed to get that in again)

Probably some hospital worker has made a few bob. Is it immoral? no different to Tiger parts IMO.humans are obsessed with their own self importance and belief in nonsense.

well said,

I always thought it was bad luck to be superstitious anyway...

Of more concern should be finding the sick bugger who sold the fetuses. As its highly probably that he or she has more, given the fact that he or she has just sold six for a million baht - seems like a rather sick but lucrative way to make money

And how did they know to seek this 'Brit' out and search his bag?

Thats one really sick puppy, the article also said people in Thailand keep them in their shrines at home because it brings good fortune, creepy.

totally agree, but people love their superstitions, cults/religions...

before I even entered the thread I knew I would see a foreign name, not racist or bigoted, I just knew it

I just knew I wasn't going to read "John Tetley, a retired Eddie Stobbart driver and former professional footballer for Doncaster Rovers from Macclesfield."

biggrin.png

Edited by mca
  • Like 2

I am not defending the guy but let me tell you a little about my Thai inlaws.

Upstairs in the parents old house is a small shrine. At the centre of the shrine sits a tiny human foetus.

It is the result of a miscarriage suffered by my wifes grandmother.

The whole family call him "magic uncle", give him offerings and ask for good luck when they feel the need.

I don't want to give you cause for concern apetely mate but you might well be next on the list.

"Let's all get next month's lottery numbers from "Magic Farang" biggrin.png

British my arse, and i stick by that even if he/she does have a British Passport..

They give our passports to anyone these days. Have you landed in heathrow recently? You wouldn't think you where in England. If you say anything you're called racist.

Lets not forget; the most popular boys name in England for the last 5 years or so has been "muhammad"

This is untrue. According to the latest figures (2010) issued by the Office for National Statistics in England, Oliver is the most popular boy's name with 8,427 male babies given that name. The single spelling "Muhammad" has only 2,451. If you take all 14 variations of the spelling of the name (Mohamed, Mohammed etc) the total rises to 7,652 which would put those combined spellings into second place.

Apparently, according to the Daily Mail at least, the combination of the 13 different spellings of Mohammed that they added up from the ONS statistics in 2009, came in 1st place but (again according to the Daily Mail) this was the first time this had happened, with the name Jack having topped the list for the previous 14 years.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

Is it just me or is Thailand becoming even more weird? Disgusting,

I doubt it. Media coverage has greatly increased and truth is stranger than fiction, not that the media isn't honest in making fiction out of some truth.

"...it's simply sensationalist journalism...": because you're the expert. Didn't you JUST say something about "sweeping generalizations"?! You're a funny one. Who the h#ll is a bigot?! You can't possible have been here for very long. You couldn't know the first thing about how things are done here. But you do seem to know a lot about how things are done in Britain.

http://www.independe...an-6297667.html

He could have picked up any number of things in Britain.

Yes it is sensationalist journalism and no, it's not a Thai conspiracy to get the ferang. Saying it's sensationalist journalism is not a sweeping generalization; I am referring to a headline, one, singular headline! How can that possibly be a sweeping statement?!

These are sweeping generalizations - "Asian peoples are morally superior to Westerners" "No true Taiwanese man would have done such things". thumbsup.gif

It's "simply" sensationalist journalism is not a generalization? I guess I don't understand the art of speaking in generalities then; it must just be instinct. If the article is sensationalist, then what is the aim? FOX News, Xinhua and other "sensationalist" news sources always have particular goal in mind (and not merely the acquisition of viewers and money). I never said it was a Thai conspiracy. Nor did I say any of those things earnestly. Those are stereotyped attitudes I've personally experienced in Thailand. You've clearly never been told verbatim: "You must understand: I'm Thai. I have more morals than you..." (I have though). I hope you don't truly think that I BELIEVE any of those quoted generalizations?

Edited by Unkomoncents

"Thai police arrest Brit with foetuses for black magic"

Another brilliant piece of journalism. Foetuses are now working for Thai police? Did the Brit get arrested by the foetuses, because the Brit had black magic?

Or did the Thai police get paid with black magic because they arrested the Brit who had the foetuses?

<deleted>

You teach English in Thailand right?

Is it just me or is Thailand becoming even more weird? Disgusting,

It's you !

You don't know too much about Thailand and Asia...

Perhaps it's you that hasn't moved on to being civilized in thought.

I have a brass penis on my key chain that a monk from Chiang Mai gave me.

"Chow Hok Kuen" A classic British name if ever I heard one...! Was it really necessary to have Brit in the headline?

Oh I don't know,Taksin Shinawatra is apparently a very common Montenegrin name??

That's amazing.... because it's also apparently a classic Nicaraguan name as well as an apparently commonly-encountered Ugandan name.

Note that sensationist news sources such as the BBC, the Telegraph et al are using the noun "Briton" to mean "a British person" which means nationality which means passport. Go ahead and google "Briton" and look at the current news results.

It is indeed racist to try to claim that someone "really can't be a Brit" just because he makes a living doing weird things, or is ethnically not a "Briton" in the alternative meaning, which is now archaic. Another alternative "resident of" may well not apply, and there may well be more meanings, I'm not bothering to research them.

When is Asia going to get past the voodoo crap

When it stops working for them?

Look how many westerners go to church, what's the difference?

• Like 2

I have a brass penis on my key chain that a monk from Chiang Mai gave me.

They're called Palad Klik (various transliterations possible) and I have 173 different variations.

You can also get ivory, wood, tiger tooth etc versions.

The most powerful ones come from Khmer-speaking areas and should undergo a proper ceremony when changing owners.

Take a minute, sit back and think about the sickest thing you can imagine a person could do. Now amplify that image a hundred times and what you see then you will not even get you close to what "human" a.k.a. "Homo Sapiens" is capable of, regardless of his/her skin color or ethnic background. We are a pretyy f%#$ed up species!

You been to that bar in Pattaya too. At first I thought 800 baht was a bit high for the first beer but after that act you mentioned I realized, bloody ell not bad, eh mate?