Phuket Party?

raro

Phuket party?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point why not put up a poll so for THOSE THAT PLAN ON ATTENDING can cast their vote as to the location. Taking a few ideas from this thread, the locations could be Junceylon, Friendship Beach, Rawai Sports Club, and Nikitas. If you don't plan on attending, don't vote or uselessly spout off.

• Like 2

At this point why not put up a poll so for THOSE THAT PLAN ON ATTENDING can cast their vote as to the location. Taking a few ideas from this thread, the locations could be Junceylon, Friendship Beach, Rawai Sports Club, and Nikitas. If you don't plan on attending, don't vote or uselessly spout off.

agree!

Overall, I must say that the number of votes is rather thin compared to other regions where we ran similar polls. On the other hand, the amount of bickering in this thread was higher in Phuket than elsewhere.

Organizing such a party is quite a bit of work...are you guys really interested? We are happy to do something, but if only 15 people turn up in the end it would be a bit sad.

So....interested? yes? no? Anybody out there?

Yes interested.

One option to do this: Next weeks Saturday 8.6.2012 16:00 @ The bar which was mentioned at Jungceylon.

Then somebody who knows the place calls or goes there to check that there is no other event at that time.

Raro or other TV moderators comes there 30 minutes before with few Thaivisa flags which will be placed on the tables where we are located.. so that it's easy for late comers to join the gathering. No big planing, no harm done if there will be only 10 people.

At least I come there to see the TV members, everything else is irrelevant. There is no need for served food, drinks or music etc. After few hours someone will have an idea to go to eat at some restaurant, others want just drink beer and talk. The group will split, which is ok as well. Gathering has already done it's duty by that time.

Overall, I must say that the number of votes is rather thin compared to other regions where we ran similar polls. On the other hand, the amount of bickering in this thread was higher in Phuket than elsewhere.

Organizing such a party is quite a bit of work...are you guys really interested? We are happy to do something, but if only 15 people turn up in the end it would be a bit sad.

So....interested? yes? no? Anybody out there?

Yeah well I suspect the numbers may be higher than 15 but given the sad state of posts perhaps some opt out, but dam_n it, 15 gems is better than nothing at all - I want to drink!!!

Interested, will go if I'm in Phuket, but probably won't be.

One of the rare times I completely agree with Oilinki. You say it hard to organise 'Raro' but it's not. You name a place and a time and everyone who wants to go turns up and has a beer. Numbers are irellivant. It's only as hard as you choose to make it thumbsup.gif

I try to combine the ideas together with an twist. For me the whole idea is to meet up with the people I'm talking together on this forum. It's about learning the real people and their smiles when talking.. something that is difficult to let other people to see, when we are just words written to a forum.

Could this work for us?

We'll have the initial party at the ThaiVisa / Phuket Gazette office. The location in right in the middle of the island and therefore none of us would have to travel too far to get there. Fair an simple in that term.

http://map.panphuket...gazette-offices

The party would start on Saturday 3pm with normal 'who is who introduction'.

Phuket Gazette would provide an excursion introduction how the weekly newspaper is made. Explaining idea creation, news sources, editorial issues, how the readers could be part of the news making etc. Next step would go to see the printing process itself if it's done on these premises. This would provide something to talk about later on.

At this location, there would be beer, sodas and BBQ available for the prices we have get used with the street vendors. No real sponsors needed as it would feel a bit of being on debt with the sponsors. Well, to be honest if Carlsburg would want to sponsor the beers and PG the BBQ, that would be pretty ideal.

After the initial gathering, maybe 6pm, we could move to the next place. This could be an German beer garden close to Kathu waterfall, which I have not visited, but heard it can provide good beers and wurst.

http://map.panphuket...imated-location

After that, what happens in Phuket, stays in Phuket.

Has the Phuket Gazette management been made aware of this suggestion?

45 people said 'of course' so i don't know where this 15 number came from. ok, probably not all 45 will show up but even if half of that do with a better half, that's still a sizable party

i hope it happens, i'd like to put faces to some of you all

The last 3 TV-sponsored events have all been south; The Green Man (Chalong), Ratri (Kata) and Friendship Beach (Rawai). The one at Rick 'n Rolls (Kata), as far as I'm aware, was not an official TV-sponsored event, despite what many believe.

Friendship Beach was fine, but can we get comething a bit more convenient to all? I''m okay with Kata/Karon, but I'd prefer not Rawai.

I say this as a person who intends to attend - not as a person who is unlikely to attend but who still insists upon persistent unhelpful comments.

I'm likely to be the the one who needs to travel the furthest. For the fuc_k sake, nothing is close to Ao Por yet..

Patong should be good for all of us. Not too close and an too far from each of us.

So, lets just decide where will meet. Patong should be good for all of us.

According to the poll most votes go to Chalong / Rawai so why say Patong. Its like the bloody Dutch Government having a vote on joining the Euro, people vote massive NO and look where we are.

I'm not saying you are the Dutch Government of cause, I would not want to insult anyone like that :-)

Anyway I won't be coming to Patong ( would not even like to be found dead in that place)

Have fun all of you and behave.............

At this point why not put up a poll so for THOSE THAT PLAN ON ATTENDING can cast their vote as to the location. Taking a few ideas from this thread, the locations could be Junceylon, Friendship Beach, , and Nikitas. If you don't plan on attending, don't vote or uselessly spout off.

I really like your location choice ''Rawai Sports Club". I voted against going to the party for I feel I haven’t made enough contributions to this forum to attend. Maybe next year I'll consider going, but I honesty have to say the place you mentioned looks like a great choice. Not to mention private. I hope it turns out well once it all comes together.

Sorry had to spout off to a degree.

Edited by FlyByNights

Sounds good. A central location is fair to those who live far north or south. PG=Thai Visa Office would be good. I drive past it every day. Ooops. Selfish. On the topic of kids. Wonderful; love them. But it is the bad parenting that is a pain. In BKK Hospital today. A Dad allowing them to run screaming everywhere. Perhaps we could have tables that are themed. Table 1: Swampy. Table 2 : visas Table 3 : driving Table 4 : weather. Every 10 minutes bell rings. Move to next table. A sort of speed dating North Korean style.

But when he is not posting from merry Ol England, maybe we can get him to go slap the poofter magistrates who keep waffling over the Aldhouse extradition.......

Sports Club everybody !!

Post of the day! Im happy with Rawaii sports Club, The owner is a good bloke too

one post edited and the follow-up 2 posts removed. No need for the inflammatory posts about other members.

And another post removed for flaming other members.

//update - weeded out a number of other earlier negative posts that add no value to the topic.

But when he is not posting from merry Ol England, maybe we can get him to go slap the poofter magistrates who keep waffling over the Aldhouse extradition.......

Sports Club everybody !!

Post of the day! Im happy with Rawaii sports Club, The owner is a good bloke too

Yes Stafford is a nice but guy.Has anyone informed him of this proposal as he was messed around big style last time a TV party (or <deleted> fight) was supposed to take place there.

I think that one was canceled due to everyone wanting different venues.

Ground hog day or what?

Sports Club everybody !!

Yes Stafford is a nice but guy.Has anyone informed him of this proposal as he was messed around big style last time a TV party (or <deleted> fight) was supposed to take place there.

Ground hog day or what?

Stafford reads Thaivisa daily. But through no choice of his own he is not a poster, catch my drift? He will see this

if no official party is planned by say the end of this month, i may host an unofficial TV party in my house in rawai. my house is almost finished and should definitely be ready in July. the house is big enough to host a party of 50 people or so.

Ground hog day or what?

Stafford reads Thaivisa daily. But through no choice of his own he is not a poster, catch my drift? He will see this

Yes, I was talking to him and he said he would enjoy having the party up at his place and seeing old friends again.

He keeps well informed I believe.

Sounds good to me.

Although signs to direct folks to his place would be needed.

I remember there were complaints that people from the north of the island couldn't find Friendship Beach when the party was held there.

Yes, I was talking to him and he said he would enjoy having the party up at his place and seeing old friends again.

He keeps well informed I believe.

Sounds good to me.

Although signs to direct folks to his place would be needed.

I remember there were complaints that people from the north of the island couldn't find Friendship Beach when the party was held there.

Google maps should work or go straight up the soi that runs next to Lemon.