Cwow Fitness Closing Many Branches In Bangkok

Fgis

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fyi all cust service staff except one quit last week so it may be near impossible to get someone on the phone as there is now a skeleton crew taking calls. also, until things are worked out with the landlords at the other clubs, it could be only Paragon and CM operating.

fyi all cust service staff except one quit last week so it may be near impossible to get someone on the phone as there is now a skeleton crew taking calls. also, until things are worked out with the landlords at the other clubs, it could be only Paragon and CM operating.

They're taking calls? Down in Pattaya the phone is off.

They're taking calls? Down in Pattaya the phone is off.

they are supposed to be, but like I said there is only one cust service officer and one lower level manager working the phones (this was the situation after friday when most had their last day, maybe they have hired more, but unlikely) so it may be very difficult to get someone on the phone, and Im not sure how strong the remaining staffs english is.

Has anyone actually managed to get a prorated refund from them? I tried 1 - 2 weeks ago. They made me go fill a form at Suk23 and they were supposed to call me back about it but never did.. surprise surprise. Such scammers, even the people who just work in sales or customer relations there like to tell lies just to soothe the customer. The thai way.

they are supposed to be, but like I said there is only one cust service officer and one lower level manager working the phones (this was the situation after friday when most had their last day, maybe they have hired more, but unlikely) so it may be very difficult to get someone on the phone, and Im not sure how strong the remaining staffs english is.

In Pattaya there is absolutely no way of contacting anyone. Hundreds of members just left in the dark.

Why do people pay to go to gyms and sign up for long contracts anyway? If I want to exercise I can go jogging for free, do press ups for free, do sit ups for free...seems crazy to pay, let alone sign up for a contract

Because some people prefer gyms. Simple.

Good point. At home is not the same.

Why do people pay to go to gyms and sign up for long contracts anyway? If I want to exercise I can go jogging for free, do press ups for free, do sit ups for free...seems crazy to pay, let alone sign up for a contract

Because some people prefer gyms. Simple.

Good point. At home is not the same.

Morphic's comment is a bit silly. It would like saying why drive a car or ride a bus when you can walk for free. You won't be able to develop the kind of physique I want doing pushups at home and jogging.

looks like Eric Levine (founder of California wow) is selling his 65,000 sq foot (6,000 sq meter) Beyond Villa in Phuket and leaving gym members high and dry...

http://thailand-business-news.com/properties/sales/35548-eric-levines-california-fitness-65000-square-beach-house-in-phuket-for-sale

http://homesoftherich.net/2010/04/eric-levines-65000-square-foot-supersized-thailand-beach-house/

Soi 23 is closed, too.

I went there Friday night, and the air was off. I sweated like crazy, so when I was changing, I put my shirt and short on the bench rather than stuffing it in my bag. Then another guy came by and put his stuff next to mine. Like an idiot, when I checked for anything I might have left, I failed to notice my clothes. I noticed it later after eating, and rushed back, but it was already closed.

Tried to call them on Saturday, and the phone was cut off. Called Paragon and was told it would be open on Sunday. Called on Sunday, the phone was still off. Called Paragon and was told it would open today. Called today--still closed. Waited on the customer service line for an hour before I called Paragon. I was told the CFO would be going to the bank tomorrow to try and get Soi 23 opened.

As an aside, I went to Fitness First at the Mall Bang Khae on Saturday to check it out. I was offered a year membership for 26,400 baht. Frankly, except that it wasn't too crowded and the locker room looked good, I was rather disappointed. The free weights were limited, the quality of some of the cardio machines was less than ideal, and they didn't even have the few weight machines i use.

Well they managed to get soi 23 reopened... It was open yesterday, and busy.

....but why did they say they needed to go to the bank to do this...? I thought the problem was the landlord's cutting the power... I thought they had already agreed a new businesses strategy with the banks about a month ago. Something very fishy. And it's not the Tom yam gon...

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone tried to get a refund for their membership fees?

a staff from the main office told me, "honestly, we have no money to do any refunds at this moment. but we can offer you a confirmation letter that you will get a refund." as to WHEN i will get the refund? they cannot tell me. they said you will have to WAIT.

i am thinking of going to the small claims court to file a case against them.

apparently many members have already done this. has anyone heard of any positive results so far?

I could be wrong, but really -- and i'm trying to be helpful -- if you are thinking refund here it seems futile to me. There is no way on God's holy green earth you are getting a refund. Maybe in a place like the US. I do hope you do though, but I would just forget it and not give yourself a headache over it. Good luck though.

has anyone tried to get a refund for their membership fees?

a staff from the main office told me, "honestly, we have no money to do any refunds at this moment. but we can offer you a confirmation letter that you will get a refund." as to WHEN i will get the refund? they cannot tell me. they said you will have to WAIT.

i am thinking of going to the small claims court to file a case against them.

apparently many members have already done this. has anyone heard of any positive results so far?

How can you claim money from a company that is deep in debt and just gone broke? They can't even pay their electricity bills and you think there's a chance you can get a refund?

Why do so many expats spend money on Cwow and similar places, when like 90% of all condominiums have private gyms, with way better equipment than Cwow? blink.png

The gym in my building is 10 times better than the one at Cwow, and alot more peaceful.. I am pretty sure it is the same where you live.

Oh well.

Edited by ricku

Why do so many expats spend money on Cwow and similar places, when like 90% of all condominiums have private gyms, with way better equipment than Cwow? blink.png

The gym in my building is 10 times better than the one at Cwow, and alot more peaceful.. I am pretty sure it is the same where you live.

Oh well.

Are you serious? 90% of condominiums have better equipment than California Wow? That's an absurd comment.

The figure is 0%, not 90%. Show me one condominium gym with better equipment.

• Like 1

Oh well.

Really? I have never seen a condo gym with better equipment. But even if you are a lucky one with a great gym, that does me no good at all. I don't live in your condo.

• Like 1

Oh well.

Really? I have never seen a condo gym with better equipment. But even if you are a lucky one with a great gym, that does me no good at all. I don't live in your condo.

So there's the solution. Find a condo with a better gym than California Wow and buy it.

To thepink, I would say if it takes little to no time, do it. If it starts to take up time (probably will), forget it.

but the company is precisely taking advantage of members who thinking like this - that it's too much trouble to go to court and so forget it,

the other members that i have seen demanding for refunds at the office, have all been asked to renew or sign up for new membership just weeks before many of their branches were closed down.

this is an apparent case of fraud since they must have been well aware of their situation - that they were gonna be shut down by their landlord in no time!