Onward Ticket To/From Philippines

I've always been annoyed by the seemingly "special arrangement" requiring female Filipinos to jump through extra hoops to board flights to Thailand, even if they hold valid visas. It seems to contravene the rights of ASEAN member's citizens to travel freely between member countries.

Imagine my surprise when the Cebu Pacific web check-in agent at Suvannphumi demanded to see a printout of my return flight on my BKK-MNL-BKK flight. He knew I had a ticket, so it wasn't the usual 'buy a return flight now' extortion. He claimed that Philippine immigration would ask to see proof of a return flight. After I informed him that I hadn't yet printed it, he kindly had it printed for me, but it was really weird. I have traveled that route many times, and never had any problems outbound.

Maybe Phil's version of tit-for-tat?

Traveling has become such a pain. Thanks so much, Dubya.

This happens all the time.I was going to Ph and planning to stay long time so did not want to by return ticket so I had a smart idea,I thought.my agent printed a faked one but when I checked in the wanted to see my ticket out of Ph and checked and smiled at me and gave me a advice to go buy a real ticket out of Ph if I wanted to go on the plane.All smiley and laughing and even gave the best tips what to buy chep ticket out.This was 3years ago and its common they check that you have ticket out,nothing new.I think you been lucky before if you never was asked for ticket out. I go many time to Ph and never ever immigration there care about this,only they airlinscompanys.

if you bought an e-ticket you should not need to print it out just show your passport. a lot depends where you are for that, but that what e-tickets were supossed to get rid of ( the hard copy)

In most countries if not all, you need a return tickets if you are on vacation...not tit for tat..

In the Philippines YES you need that ALWAYS,

in other neighboring countries such as Malaysia or Singapore you don't need that - at least not if you fly carriers such as AirAsia, Tiger, MAS..... they will never ask to see a return ticket

In most countries if not all, you need a return tickets if you are on vacation...not tit for tat..

In the Philippines YES you need that ALWAYS,

in other neighboring countries such as Malaysia or Singapore you don't need that - at least not if you fly carriers such as AirAsia, Tiger, MAS..... they will never ask to see a return ticket

If one enters another country, it is the prerogative of the immigration of that country to ask to see one's return ticket and it is within their right to deny you entry if you do not have one or a satisfactory reason..

• 2 weeks later...

It is the responsibility of the airline bringing you into the country to make sure you have a ticket out.

Otherwise they are responsible and are fined heavily.

The real issue with the Philippine immigration is the enforcement of a new anti exploitation law which

pretty much will not allow women to leave the country. 20-30 women are offloaded (each Plane) from flights

leaving the Philippines. A friend of mine was flying his 34 yr old, long time GF from Clark to KUL and she was denied boarding

because of this new law that came into force Jan 1 2012. She has flown to Hong Kong, Singapore, and New Zealand in the

past with stamps in her passport to show it. This is the new standard in Philippines. To protect women from exploitation.

Even women with work visas and jobs to go to. At the discretion of airport officials the decision is final with no refund of tickets.

They pretty much deny all women and a few men from traveling abroad unless traveling with there husbands.