Thailand's First Digital TV System To Be Launched This Year

webfact

I expect that some UK expats will be thinking about picking up a cheap Freeview STB to add to a Thai TV lacking a DVB-T2 tuner. Since late 2009 the UK has used DVB-T for standard definition Freeview channels and DVB-T2 (and MPEG-4) for Freeview HD channels. The problem is that before 2010 there were very few STBs or TVs that could decode DVB-T2, so you will need to make sure you acquire a newish one. Looks to me like this would work in Thailand, though I wouldn't swear to it without more information.

Edited by citizen33

I expect that some UK expats will be thinking about picking up a cheap Freeview STB to add to a Thai TV lacking a DVB-T2 tuner. Since late 2009 the UK has used DVB-T for standard definition Freeview channels and DVB-T2 (and MPEG-4) for Freeview HD channels. The problem is that before 2010 there were very few STBs or TVs that could decode DVB-T2, so you will need to make sure you acquire a newish one. Looks to me like this would work in Thailand, though I wouldn't swear to it without more information.

Good point - yes that might work...

Bangkok DVB-T2 trial already started since 2011 (on UHF 650 MHz)

Actually in 2009, the red shirt party was transmitting Digital TV signal (on UHF 586 MHz) illegally for couple of months)

[media=]

Edited by Pujun