Beware Of Accidents With Motorbikes

beswick

Two thousand baht will buy an HD Dash Cam with a 4gb memory card from Tukom 2min. 5 min or 10 min recording options. Never leave home without one!!

No kidding? Great idea. Will do tomorrow! What floor?

Fourth I think, Tiny little shop just at the top of the staircase, the girl in there speaks good English.

They start and stop automatically when you turn on the engine, store maybe 20 x 2 min movies then over write.

As a matter of interest can you remove the card and use a card reader to play it back through a laptop or burn in it to a dvd. Going to get one 100% but just curious if any extra's needed to play back through PC.

thanks

I think the gist of, getting away quick, is to escape way before police show up and if possible before the other party has a chance to note your license number. And in the case of some dumb ass side-swiping you and going down, while you are upright and unhurt; twist that throttle and leave that mess in your rear-view mirror, don't think, don't hestitate, take about 1/2 a second to catch your breath and split!

I don't think the OP could have twisted a throttle because he was driving a car.

Two thousand baht will buy an HD Dash Cam with a 4gb memory card from Tukom 2min. 5 min or 10 min recording options. Never leave home without one!!

Fourth I think, Tiny little shop just at the top of the staircase, the girl in there speaks good English.

They start and stop automatically when you turn on the engine, store maybe 20 x 2 min movies then over write.

As a matter of interest can you remove the card and use a card reader to play it back through a laptop or burn in it to a dvd. Going to get one 100% but just curious if any extra's needed to play back through PC.

thanks

Plug the device in to a computer via the USB cable supplied and the movie files show up for you to save or view.

Thank you much for the info!thumbsup.gif

Never talk to cops or low so people driving a bike, you should have escaped immediately, don't even stop when it happens.

I am sorry, this is totally irresponsible advise. And I suspect illegal, so isn't there a forum rule to ban these sort of comments?

Never talk to cops or low so people driving a bike, you should have escaped immediately, don't even stop when it happens.

I am sorry, this is totally irresponsible advise. And I suspect illegal, so isn't there a forum rule to ban these sort of comments?

If the accident is your fault then God help you. & even you weren't at fault & you can get away without getting involved then this is the best course of action in Thailand & all 3rd world countries.

As a footnote I work in Papua New Guinea & drive around the highlands as a part of my job. The rules here are the same as in the Middle East for expats : never stop at the scene of an accident & if you are involved Get Away !The thinking is that if you had not come to their country then the accident would not have happened & of course as a foreigner you are always in the wrong.

I know it's the opposite as in Countries like U.K. U.S.A. etc. where it Is a crime to leave the scene of a road accident but I did not know that this primitive mentality exists in Thailand as well,,,,,,,,,, until I tried to help once , see above.

Not sure that two wrongs make that right.

If you try to flee, be prepared to actually get shot at by police or at least chased and what do you gain when they have your licence plate number ?

Seems like you don't know what you are talking about AT ALL ! We are not is US here !!!

Yes you should be banned for being more cops than the cops.

The rules here are the same as in the Middle East for expats : never stop at the scene of an accident & if you are involved Get Away !The thinking is that if you had not come to their country then the accident would not have happened & of course as a foreigner you are always in the wrong.

This always amuses me.

If we had not come to their country they would still be living in the desert and riding around on camels

smile.png

• Like 1

If the accident is your fault then God help you. & even you weren't at fault & you can get away without getting involved then this is the best course of action in Thailand & all 3rd world countries.

As a footnote I work in Papua New Guinea & drive around the highlands as a part of my job. The rules here are the same as in the Middle East for expats : never stop at the scene of an accident & if you are involved Get Away !The thinking is that if you had not come to their country then the accident would not have happened & of course as a foreigner you are always in the wrong.

I know it's the opposite as in Countries like U.K. U.S.A. etc. where it Is a crime to leave the scene of a road accident but I did not know that this primitive mentality exists in Thailand as well,,,,,,,,,, until I tried to help once , see above.

A young lady speeding on her motorbike one morning on Pattaya Klang smashed into me on my new mountain bike, knocked me over and buckled the front wheel on my bike. She was speeding and swerved into me while looking the other way. She took one look down at me while I was still a bit dazed and then throttled off through the traffic lights before they changed back to red. When in Rome......