How Did Thaivisa Help You?.......

theblether

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed an easy day creating all the marriage docs in BKK......didn't exactly follow the Tvisa guidlines (never seem to!!) but enough to enable me to get married at the local amphur out in Issan, on a subsequent visit....photo with certificates and all...a very pleasing and pleasant experience....facilitated by detailed information provided on Tvisa......so thanks for that Tvisa

Edited by 473geo

Helped me find the bike I was after,for that I thank you!

Helped me learn that most of the subscribers are in denial!

Helped me learn that I don't want to be, or pretend to be Thai!

Helped me realize that expats just want to be accepted

Helped me realize that this will never happen

Walking ATM!

Helped me to realize that Pattaya is not Thailand

Helped me to realize how happy I am never to have lived in Pattaya!

Helped me to realize how many A**holes live here

Helped me to realize I might be among them

For that I thank u

Regards

Rhiwfawr

• Like 1

Walking ATM!

For that I thank u

Regards

Rhiwfawr

Brilliant clap2.gif

Walking ATM!

For that I thank u

Regards

Rhiwfawr

Brilliant clap2.gif

exceptional since he has only 27 posts.......and joined on the 15th of april

• Like 1

So did I, got my WARN finger all excited, what a teasersad.png

Sorry rooo mate laughing my arse of here. I genuinely read that as " I got my WARM finger all excited " at first. laugh.png

That WARN finger is dodgy........me no like ermm.gif

I think its the same finger he prods people with when they don't get a round in fast enough! biggrin.png

So did I, got my WARN finger all excited, what a teasersad.png

Sorry rooo mate laughing my arse of here. I genuinely read that as " I got my WARM finger all excited " at first. laugh.png

That WARN finger is dodgy........me no like ermm.gif

I think its the same finger he prods people with when they don't get a round in fast enough! biggrin.png

Oh I really don't like it then biggrin.png

I'm going to have to name names here and say the member Jiu Jitsu deserves a word. He helped me out hugely when i had some major issues with my laptop.

People giving their time and knowledge in this way deserve a bit of credit.

Also to Worgeordie for the free AVG security...which I am still making use of. Will be sending you a PM soon regarding the beer! thumbsup.gif

Walking ATM!

For that I thank u

Regards

Rhiwfawr

Brilliant clap2.gif

but are you yourself not living proof that a high post count is in no way indicative of quality?

there are plenty of experts here with thousands upon thousands of posts, who set foot in Thailand but once a year for a holiday.

Walking ATM!

For that I thank u

Regards

Rhiwfawr

Brilliant clap2.gif

but are you yourself not living proof that a high post count is in no way indicative of quality?

there are plenty of experts here with thousands upon thousands of posts, who set foot in Thailand but once a year for a holiday.

You are welcome to your opinion and to circulate untruths as you wish........if it somehow makes you feel more important..coffee1.gif

Thaivisa has provided me with insights to Thai culture which I have not yet experienced, loads of visa information and even help on health matters. smile.png Also it has provided much amusement and made me feel like I'm one of the boys or something like that. tongue.png

You are one of the boys! thumbsup.gif

Is it my schlong that gives it away? giggle.gif

I told you to be careful of the most beautiful ones...

I've started getting nervous if the sunset looks too good to be true...

Thaivisa has provided me with insights to Thai culture which I have not yet experienced, loads of visa information and even help on health matters. smile.png Also it has provided much amusement and made me feel like I'm one of the boys or something like that. tongue.png

You are one of the boys! thumbsup.gif

Is it my schlong that gives it away? giggle.gif

I told you to be careful of the most beautiful ones...

I've started getting nervous if the sunset looks too good to be true...

The sunset is hours away SC....I am only warming up now...

Brilliant clap2.gif

You are welcome to your opinion and to circulate untruths as you wish........if it somehow makes you feel more important..coffee1.gif

what is untrue? are there not members here with thousands of posts who only see thailand while on holiday for a few weeks?

A topic running almost 24 hours with over 100 replies,all posted by less than a dozen members.

There will always be those who cannot accept that some enjoy their Thai experience in whatever shape or form it takes, a dozen people here who are comfortable with not having to complain and moan, even to the point they can show their appreciation. I would suggest many who really enjoy living in Thailand, do not even have time or inclination to post because they are out enjoying Thailand, I know my input to Thaivisa is almost invisible when I am in Thailand with my wife and children....just too much to do and too much enjoyment to be had......

I am not really concerned if my happiness and contentment pisses some of the more "experienced" guys off, but I am not inclined to conceal my wonderful Thai experience to appease their thirst for misery............. Put it down to inexperience eh.....

A topic running almost 24 hours with over 100 replies,all posted by less than a dozen members.

There will always be those who cannot accept that some enjoy their Thai experience in whatever shape or form it takes, a dozen people here who are comfortable with not having to complain and moan, even to the point they can show their appreciation. I would suggest many who really enjoy living in Thailand, do not even have time or inclination to post because they are out enjoying Thailand, I know my input to Thaivisa is almost invisible when I am in Thailand with my wife and children....just too much to do and too much enjoyment to be had......

I am not really concerned if my happiness and contentment pisses some of the more "experienced" guys off, but I am not inclined to conceal my wonderful Thai experience to appease their thirst for misery............. Put it down to inexperience eh.....

I have no issues with you or the others enjoying,but I don't understand what a internet forum has to do with Thai experience.

In case you didn't get my point,I'm too lazy to look it up but doesn't have TV something like 20.000 members.

Does it matter ?

Actually yes,because they are talking about Thai experience.I've been ones in Costa Rica,so will I go post on a Costa Rican forum about my experience?

You should know that the grass is always greener at the other side.

Walking ATM!

For that I thank u

Regards

Rhiwfawr

Brilliant clap2.gif

But yet knows it all.laugh.png

Does it matter ?

Not really. However I will say that I have spent several months a year in Thailand for the last few years, with the exception of last year.

This time will increase again over the next year or two....circumstances for people are fluctuating nowadays...many who were residents a few years ago have switched with those who are now resident.

Why would people stop posting as a result? Particularly if they have Thai partners....it doesn't make any sense to me??

I have no issues with you or the others enjoying,but I don't understand what a internet forum has to do with Thai experience.

In case you didn't get my point,I'm too lazy to look it up but doesn't have TV something like 20.000 members.

141,123 to be precise......you see if you post inconsistencies on a forum like Tvisa you will be quickly corrected

I will accept that I consider myself fortunate that my first excursions into Thailand were way before any internet intrusion into my opinions and actions...... I learnt from personal experience, rode the waves of pleasure and occasional disappointment with equal enthusiasm......and here I am happy with the outcome.....measured and calculated...I enjoy every moment I spend in Thailand but I would my family live there.....

Grass is greener does not apply to me.......where do you think I will be happiest?

The thread is about how Tvisa has helped, there are many ways and loads of advice in the sub forums....have you read.....or do you not yet need......are you married to a Thai?......for instance, would you know how to get it right?

Edited by 473geo

Like children in the playground, 'I was here first, it's my ball and I'm keeping it'.

Guys like Smokie have years of combined experience in Thailand, including residential experience. Guys like 473geo have Thai wives and are bringing up Thai children. Guys like myself have Thai partners ( Smokie too ) and I'm in Thailand 5 or 6 times a year for up to 3 months combined.

What's the contention? That we are worthless to the forum?

I'll tell you what is worthless is this small minded stupid talk. TV is a worldwide forum with a worldwide membership. And it's stronger for it.

There is a personality type that can't handle sharing the ball, these are the same types that are social misfits and love to play the part of Big Chief Chula Hula Hoop in their own tiny villages. They dragged themselves halfway across the world and tried to reinvent themselves in Thailand.

Unfortunately for them they brought their personality with them. It's the one thing they can't unpack. It's a personal tragedy.

So to all those mirror dodgers ( they dodge mirrors because they can't stand whose looking back at them ), I pity you. It's must really hurt you to share the ball. It must be even more annoying to know that guys like myself could move to Thailand full time tomorrow, but we chose not to.

Why? Because we make decisions based upon the best interests of our families. It's called being adult, you should try it sometime.

Ps can the trolls who are hijacking the thread on this please back off and allow those of us with manners to express our appreciation of our fellow members and of the people who provide this excellent website every day.

Edited by theblether
  • Like 1

Grass is greener does not apply to me.......where do you think I will be happiest?

The thread is about how Tvisa has helped, there are many ways and loads of advice in the sub forums....have you read.....or do you not yet need......are you married to a Thai?......for instance, would you know how to get it right?

Yet another example that you don't get the point.You live the majority of the year in your home country,wherever that may be.

And you come to Thailand a minor part of the year,but of course you like it here more than in your home country.

So yes the grass is greener at the other side apply's to you.

For me, I live here permanently and no I'm not married to a Thai and will never be,however when I arrived here almost 2 decades ago I had much different thoughts about that.

I discovered TV only a few years ago and yes I have to admit that it has helped me on some occassions,but it has made me feel miserable at many more occassions.

I'm getting very tired of people who keep coming into positive threads to moan and whine, or take pot shots at others. If you want to be miserable, log off and be miserable by yourself, and let those who want to enjoy their time here do so.

I'm getting very tired of people who keep coming into positive threads to moan and whine, or take pot shots at others. If you want to be miserable, log off and be miserable by yourself, and let those who want to enjoy their time here do so.

Isn't it so that a forum is intended to share opinions?If every one was of the same opinion you would have much more reason to get tired. Edited by pipo1000
  • Like 1

Pipo - have a wander across to the "Business deal gone bad" thread

This highlights the added value of Tvisa, sound advice from people who understand business and business etiquette in Thailand, now there are differing pieces of advice, the OP will decide his own fate by his actions........but at least now he is a little more informed and prepared.....

I really doubt the Op is even considering where the people supplying the advice are based at this moment.......right?

But how can I in England know their advice is good.......because Pipo my wife makes all our dealings and it works for us

I am a member of three other forums but find I hardly post in them at all as TV covers most of the bases.

Yeah I posted a question about a visa extension at Khon Kaen Immigration on www.mandingomeatlovers and www.submissivegimp.net forums once.

Bloody useless they were.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You do realise I tried to search for said sites??..........disappointing really rolleyes.gif

Cough ... +1 foolish000.gif

Is this moderation?

Can I confirm that if we want to be happy, forum rules allow us to do so in public, but if we are sad, miseable or cynical, we are not allowed to do so on this forum?

I don;t think this was made fully clear on the forum rumles, but I am sure many would like to know this, rather than joining me on a bus with cliff richards

SC