Flights Getting Dearer Bkk To London Lhr ?

I'm finding it more expensive to bring my girlfriend over to Uk every year.Used to be around £500/600 6 month return direct. Last year £780.This year I've been quoted £920, with EVA booking through West East Travel in Uk.Will try some quotes with Bangkok based agents next week but they haven't been cheaper recently.

Anybody any better prices? She's hoping to have her visa on Monday.

If she needs to fly direct then her choice of carriers are limited

You will be aware that fuel had gone up substantially since last year and there has been a hike in the APD.

I wouldn't rule out BA, they are a tad under 40,000 Baht on the days you have mentioned, that's about 820GBP, so a hundred quid less than Eva.

Edited by theoldgit

Hi

Someone on here posted mentioning tvairbookings.com.

I`m going back( to UK) in September for a short visit and found some reasonable prices on there, including with EVA Air who I also prefer.

Not yet booked but the prices seemed competitive.

Might be worth a look.

Flights in Baht have hardly increased in the past 6 or 7 years..dont know when you last got a direct flight for 24,000 Baht like you said you have...unless you are on about years ago when XE was higher for paying in Sterling...Try Asda travel...also BA were doing for 36,000 Baht thats just over 700....not sure of dates and if still avaiable

Airline tickets arent going to get any cheaper in the future. Tell your girlfriend to pay for her own ticket.

Youve just solved the problem. Your ticket bill just halved.

If she says she doesnt have any money she is either lying (they have money they just wont tell you) or being truthful in any case dump her.

Ill never understand why the British are so kind and generous. Doesn't get them anywhere. Like a mouse on a spinning wheel around and around he goes.wai.gif

Edited by jalansanitwong

With Air Asia and Kingfisher no longer flying to London, that's a couple of the cheaper options gone. Less competition and the prices have gone up accordingly. It's not just fuel and APD IMO.

If your GF is from the south look at Malaysia Airlines out of Kuala Lumpur as they are cheaper than the direct flights from BKK. If she's not, then it is probably not worth the hassle.

She's a lucky girl! My boyfriend and I made a pact that we pay our ways to visit each other. If she's not paying for her own flight, tell her to do some research (if she hasn't sold the computer you bought her or know how to get on computer at all!). Air India is quoted around 650 quid but that's from September. Well, if she doesn't mind connecting flights or stick with EVA Air.

Why does she have to fly direct?

Why does she have to fly EVA

If I were paying for a ticket for myself or for someone

else, the lowest price with stops or non stop would do

Your money ... spend it wisely .... or she will just spend it

If she disagrees with flying a route with stops or refuses to

fly with another carrier ... she should be put on waivers for

purpose of unconditional release --- 86

If you're living in England and she's living in Thailand, and you only see each other a few weeks a year, is she really your "girlfriend"? That doesn't fit any reasonable definition of the term "girlfriend" as I understand it. How do you have any idea what she's doing for the 40-something weeks of the year when you're not together? Ah, I get it now... You send her money every month so that she doesn't have to go out and look for another boyfriend when you're apart. Sounds like a wonderful arrangement... For her.

Why not just fly her first class on BA. That'll surely guarantee that she will remain faithful to you forever.

• Like 1

If you're living in England and she's living in Thailand, and you only see each other a few weeks a year, is she really your "girlfriend"? That doesn't fit any reasonable definition of the term "girlfriend" as I understand it. How do you have any idea what she's doing for the 40-something weeks of the year when you're not together? Ah, I get it now... You send her money every month so that she doesn't have to go out and look for another boyfriend when you're apart. Sounds like a wonderful arrangement... For her.

Why not just fly her first class on BA. That'll surely guarantee that she will remain faithful to you forever.

Rushing to judgement based on your own painful experiences? OP made clear she's coming over for 6 months.

• Like 1

Airline tickets arent going to get any cheaper in the future. Tell your girlfriend to pay for her own ticket.

If she says she doesnt have any money she is either lying (they have money they just wont tell you) or being truthful in any case dump her.

Ill never understand why the British are so kind and generous. Doesn't get them anywhere. Like a mouse on a spinning wheel around and around he goes.wai.gif

You sound like a bundle of laughs. Us Brits are generous because we have money and we want to spend it. I suppose you don't have any, which may explain why you're so bitter and jealous. I think I'll give my girlfriend 50,000 baht just to piss you off. LOL.

• Like 2

Eva air are currently offering deals on flights from London to BKK not the other way around.

As mentioned above Air asia have stopped flying to europe.

I still think EVa are your best bet.

I've got a flight 1 way to LON travelling Elite class (extra legroom etc) £560. Your'e paying the same with BA for economy. £400 economy EVA single.

Check with Momondo. Malaysia air will be a little cheaper if you fly from Kuala Lumpar.

A bit long in the tooth for a troll - but a troll nonetheless.

Thank you for the few genuine helpfull comments.Finally got the deal from West east travel at £824 on EVA was dearer through Thailand based agents.

To those who just want to snipe,twist,or warp my questions to push their own agenda what a sorry lot you are.

• Like 1

Dont forget its Olympic s this year in London and even though you are weel out of the timescale its still a card to play. Dont forget the extra APT applicable from London departures will also put costs up, on the other hand fuel costs have gone down in the last month a barrel of Brent crude has gone done about 20$ a barrel, they will no doubt have missed that one sssshhhh!