British Fish & Chip Shop In Thailand.

theblether

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure I could really enjoy cod, chips and mushy peas without a cold wind-swept beach to look at and a bus stop to huddle in?

That would be like eating som tam in the snow, or eating a kebab when sober .... some things need context to be fully enjoyed.

Edited by Familyonthemove
  • Like 2

I'm not sure I could really enjoy cod, chips and mushy peas without a cold wind-swept beach to look at and a bus stop to huddle in?

That would be like eating som tam in the snow, or eating a kebab when sober .... some things need context to be fully enjoyed.

How about a UK/Thai Fusion chippy....deep fried Somtam ?....Tom Yam Mars bar ?

Edited by Soutpeel

I had some chips recently with American mustard

please dont get our colonial cousins involved....they will be telling us next they invented cod and chips !

further wasnt mustard invented by the krauts or the french or maybe both..thumbsup.gif

Actually it appears it may actually be the Italian's

Bloody Roman's what have they ever done for us ???

You mean besides prominent nose lines?

Curry sauce is a must as well! licklips.gif

Chips and curry sauce ! I have survived on this for weeks !

I have never tried curry sauce and chips but after two recommendations i better give it a go.

I had some chips recently with American mustard...

This is not the Samaritans - take your problems elsewhere.

Chips and gravy is popular in Australia. As is chicken salt.

NOOO biggrin.png ! Proper fish and chips is one of the few things I really miss.

Curry sauce with a Chinese chow mein is another. Still haven't managed to find an anglicised Chinese restaurant on Phuket. A bit odd with so many Chinese Thais around?

What time are you closing OP?

I would be willing to dispose of your crispy bits for you...I hate to see waste after all....whistling.gif

Arn't those crispy bits just the best!

Crispy bits could be a product line all on its own

Tell me you intend to cook all this in dripping and I am in...thumbsup.gif

Yes, let's do it correcty

I agree. Whatever you do don't cook it in hydrogenated vegetable oil. That stuff kills.

Double cooked in beef fat would be the go thumbsup.gif

What time are you closing OP?

I would be willing to dispose of your crispy bits for you...I hate to see waste after all....whistling.gif

Arn't those crispy bits just the best!

Crispy bits could be a product line all on its own

dont you mean scrumps,and dont forget to wrap them up in the news of the world

Chips and gravy is popular in Australia. As is chicken salt.

As is Vegimite, kangeroos and playing with your diggerydoo...but what is the point your trying to make tongue.png

Chips and Vegemite? hmmmm... If they can invent a spray on Vegemite this could have great potential in the fish & chippery game.

I know Blethers Fish & Chippery is a British one, but Australia's love of these deep fried goodies did derive from Britain after all.

I just feel that as Australia was able to perfect then better the recipe for great fish and chips, there could be included some of the refinements and experiences of the Aussie fish and chips.

Being the canny Scot he is I am sure theBlether would want to maximise his customer base.

• Like 1

Chips and Vegemite? hmmmm... If they can invent a spray on Vegemite this could have great potential in the fish & chippery game.

Vegemite and mushy peas ?.....Vegemite and cod.....?

Great suggestion! Mushy peas with spray on Vegemite would be a real winner. Not sure it would work on the Cod.

Suggestion Blether.

Perhaps separate Country menu boards? I can start with the following three. I'm sure other posters have their own country additions

British Style

Aussie Style

American Style

• Like 1

Great suggestion! Mushy peas with spray on Vegemite would be a real winner. Not sure it would work on the Cod.

Suggestion Blether.

Perhaps separate Country menu boards? I can start with the following three. I'm sure other posters have their own country additions

British Style

Aussie Style

American Style

naa only contaminated common wealth countries would eat green mush smile.pngsick.gif

Suggestion Blether.

British Style

Aussie Style

American Style

naa only contaminated common wealth countries would eat green mush smile.pngsick.gif

It's a northern thing.

Suggestion Blether.

British Style

Aussie Style

American Style

Blether might be able to accommodate the French with some deep fried escargot. Great with curry sauce i am sure

They looked very ordinary fish and chips. Personally i like my chips thicker.

[/quote

Chips look better than the fish to me.

"Bigger", steak chips are just that - chips to have with steak. Those in the video look very good. Personal opinion, of course.

They looked very ordinary fish and chips. Personally i like my chips thicker.

[/quote

Chips look better than the fish to me.

"Bigger", steak chips are just that - chips to have with steak. Those in the video look very good. Personal opinion, of course.

I agree steak chips are best with steak (and gravy).

I like a chip with a larger diagonal measurement at the square end. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

There is one in soi SUK 23 aleady

Indeed, it is the closest thing I have found to proper fish & chips here, but it is still not proper fish & chips

The chips are too thin and the fish is small and the batter tastes weird

Nonetheless, I will probably be buying my dinner from there tonight (like I do most nights)

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

[media=]

[/media]

Indeed, it is the closest thing I have found to proper fish & chips here, but it is still not proper fish & chips

Nonetheless, I will probably be buying my dinner from there tonight (like I do most nights)

Actually each time I pass it, it look deserted, and in the video Phil says he might go to UK instead ! mouarf !

[media=]

[/media]

Try the chips at the Soi 8 Pub. They are great. Might be pricey...that i can't remember.

[media=]

[/media]

Actually each time I pass it, it look deserted, and in the video Phil says he might go to UK instead ! mouarf !

The pies and beans there are very good.

[media=]

[/media]

The pies and beans there are very good.

Oh so your ARE the customer I saw once lol !