Bus From Sadao/Dannock Border To Bw - Info Needed

OzMick

I'm planning a visa run to Penang early August, planning to use the Phantip bus (7:30 from NaThon) to Had Yai arriving around 15:30.

I see on the net there are 2 big a/c buses (Cepat Express) leaving the Malay side of the Dannock/Sadao border crossing at 19:00 and 20:00 Malay time, heading to Butterworth and on to KL. Fare to BW is MR12/THB120.

Has anyone used them before?

Does anyone know if there is a local orange rattler from Hat Yai to Dannock crossing?

I loathe mini-buses!

FYI Coming back there is a big a/c bus from BW - Padang Besar (Plusliner) for MR16/THB160. It leaves BW at 14:00 Malay, arrives 17:30 malay, 16:30 thai time. It stops close to border crossing, then there is an orange rattler back to HY for THB44. There is a bus stop/shelter across the road from border post. Phantip bus leaves for Samui 10:00 next day, fare is B430 each way.

If you pick up your passport ASAP there is plenty of time to make this bus. DO NOT LISTEN TO TOUTS. Plusliner booth is at front of inland circle of booths.

There is a bus terminus (of sorts) going up in Dannok at the moment (between Tesco Lotus and the King Casa billboard) and buses (Khonsong) are running through to the border without having to mess around in Hat Yai. Prices vary from VIP 24 upwards.