A Thread For Thai Residents Only........

theblether

Theblether has noted complaints from fellow TV members about non-residents commenting on Thaivisa. Being the considerate type theblether has started this thread so that you can talk among yourselves. Don't all rush at once to thank me, it's the least I could do......

I don't know what your all going to talk about so I suppose I better help you get started, so how about......

' I don't like non-residents commenting on TV because '......

Posting guidelines, by posting on this thread you agree to allow non-residents to interupt and troll you with stupid comments the same way you do all the other threads.

No weirdo Hans Kronje fans

No begging to rejoin the other threads once you get bored talking to yourselves.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good post Blether! Some woman frog complained about me posting this week, thinking I was from Bali.

First I heard of it, but even if I was would it have made a difference? It actually was a pretty serious attack so I look forward to member's views on the subject.

The first 4 6 posts from non-Thai residents ... cheesy.gif

But, to be fair (call me an Umpire if you like) ... it's near on 6am Thai time.

So wait a few hours for the residents comments to flood in ...

Edited by David48

I'm only going to post in here if we can have a sub-theme where a posters relevance is directly related to his join date or number of posts.

Is there a charity I can donate 10000 posts to? laugh.png

I am serious! smile.png

And lose your "Star Member" status? Surely not.

Good post Blether! Some woman frog complained about me posting this week, thinking I was from Bali.

First I heard of it, but even if I was would it have made a difference? It actually was a pretty serious attack so I look forward to member's views on the subject.

How "Do you live in Bali?" is a complaint ? or even an attack ?

People could be from Uzbekistan or Lapland here I could not care less

Edited by aneliane

Define 'Thai resident'?

The thread is aimed at a substantial contingent of members who continually complain about we non residents commenting on TV. So let's say they live full time in Thailand.

Good on them, however that is not the criteria for being a TV member. There are plenty of members such as ourselves that have Thai partners, have experience of Thailand, are in contact with Thailand every day, and spend every spare minute in Thailand.

I've even seen an attack this week against a member who lived in Thailand for years, has a Thai wife, and is now bringing up his Thai kids in the UK. Some people seem to think he has no right to comment on Thai issues now.

I think that is a ridiculous concept. So let's give these malcontents a thread of their own to play with.

Personally, I think unless you have PR, a Thai passport or work permit for Thailand ie legal status in Thailand, you dont have the right to comment on Thai issues either....so this would exclude all the OAP's who live in Thailand, chase women (well hobble after women at least), pay no taxes in the country

• Like 1

Define 'Thai resident'?

The thread is aimed at a substantial contingent of members who continually complain about we non residents commenting on TV. So let's say they live full time in Thailand.

Good on them, however that is not the criteria for being a TV member. There are plenty of members such as ourselves that have Thai partners, have experience of Thailand, are in contact with Thailand every day, and spend every spare minute in Thailand.

I've even seen an attack this week against a member who lived in Thailand for years, has a Thai wife, and is now bringing up his Thai kids in the UK. Some people seem to think he has no right to comment on Thai issues now.

I think that is a ridiculous concept. So let's give these malcontents a thread of their own to play with.

Personally, I think unless you have PR, a Thai passport or work permit for Thailand ie legal status in Thailand, you dont have the right to comment on Thai issues either....so this would exclude all the OAP's who live in Thailand, chase women (well hobble after women at least), pay no taxes in the country

Hell, I pay taxes.

Only not to the revenue dept. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I couldn't give a rodents rectum whether a member lives here or not, I think anyone with any interest in The Kingdom can join in.

Don't take life too seriously, we're here to enjoy the ride.

Have Fun! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

i got cheesed off with certain tv members who hide in the bushes and pounce as soon as you start a new topic where they can criticise you and want to start an augment,you know the ones they never start topics of their own these need to be looked at as well.

Just a wee reminder of your post to me... You had a strong urge to remind me that I lived in Bali (which I dont) and I hang out on a Thai Visa Forum... so obviously it matters.biggrin.png

aneliane

Meme Beurre Member

• photo-thumb-53824.jpg?_r=1338198414
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 878 posts

Posted 2012-05-28 12:54:14

snapback.pngedwinclapham, on 2012-05-27 23:11:18, said:

snapback.pngSoutpeel, on 2012-05-27 23:02:46, said:

snapback.pngedwinclapham, on 2012-05-27 22:49:08, said:

I would do my best to keep the economy working and use it as my airport departure tax .

The only problem I see with your cunning plan Baldrick is that you dont pay departure tax at the airport anymore...its in your ticket price..thumbsup.gif

biggrin.png The OP didnt actually say which country though did he though Baldrick wink.png .. Bali airport you still pay cash on exitwai.gifHang on you live in Bali and hang out on TV forum !

Edited by edwinclapham

Just a wee reminder of your post to me... You had a strong urge to remind me that I lived in Bali (which I dont) and I hang out on a Thai Visa Forum... so obviously it matters.biggrin.png

aneliane

Meme Beurre Member

• photo-thumb-53824.jpg?_r=1338198414
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 878 posts

Posted 2012-05-28 12:54:14

snapback.pngedwinclapham, on 2012-05-27 23:11:18, said:

snapback.pngSoutpeel, on 2012-05-27 23:02:46, said:

snapback.pngedwinclapham, on 2012-05-27 22:49:08, said:

I would do my best to keep the economy working and use it as my airport departure tax .

The only problem I see with your cunning plan Baldrick is that you dont pay departure tax at the airport anymore...its in your ticket price..thumbsup.gif

biggrin.png The OP didnt actually say which country though did he though Baldrick wink.png .. Bali airport you still pay cash on exitwai.gifHang on you live in Bali and hang out on TV forum !

Que nenni que nenni !

It was merely a wonder

I was only wondering why someone would spend his time on a thai forum while living in Bali, nothing more.

For the rest you can live in Ougadoudou or Bangna I don't give a TV's member's behind about it

Hell, I pay taxes.

Only not to the revenue dept. rolleyes.gif

No Payboy ... they are not taxes ... the more commonly used term is barfines ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

Hell, I pay taxes.

No Payboy ... they are not taxes ... the more commonly used term is barfines ... whistling.gif

Was wondering why I've never got a refund in the mailbox. sad.png

• Like 1

Hell, I pay taxes.

Was wondering why I've never got a refund in the mailbox. sad.png

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Define 'Thai resident'?

So paying VAT doesn't count? And doesn't having a non-immigrant 'O' visa give 'legal' status in LOS? Just a thought.

Define 'Thai resident'?

Oh.... so being married to and living with a Thai spouse in Thailand is not a 'legal status' in Thailand?

If that's the case, after we come back from Japan, I am getting a divorce only so I can maintain my TV 'legal status'.

On the topic of sorting the wheat from the chaff, maybe there could be a colour coding of a posters info on the left where a post originating from a non- Thai IP address could be in a different colour, or maybe their avatar isn't displayed? Anyway, something suitably discriminatory and stigmatizing that would fit well with the perception of the foreigner in Thailand concept.

Agreed, and black people can have their own special (non-discriminatory) colour .....like.......erm....black?

Finally the Blether understands and respects us real Thaivisa posters. Because we live here we have a higher status as people on holidays. We need to be treated with respect, our opinion should be the only one to matter. Based on how long we have been here the more valid our opinion is

We are the master race on Thaivisa, i am happy you finally acknowledge this fact. Maybe once you can join this brotherhood of men and woman. We are so much above you and others that we get dizzy looking down on you guys.

Bow before us... respect us.

I am on my knees as we speak!

• Like 1

Finally the Blether understands and respects us real Thaivisa posters. Because we live here we have a higher status as people on holidays. We need to be treated with respect, our opinion should be the only one to matter. Based on how long we have been here the more valid our opinion is

We are the master race on Thaivisa, i am happy you finally acknowledge this fact. Maybe once you can join this brotherhood of men and woman. We are so much above you and others that we get dizzy looking down on you guys.

Bow before us... respect us.

I am on my knees as we speak!

I tend to suffer from altitude sickness but what can you do?tongue.pnglaugh.pngthumbsup.gif
  • Like 1