A Thread For Thai Residents Only........

theblether

Finally the Blether understands and respects us real Thaivisa posters. Because we live here we have a higher status as people on holidays. We need to be treated with respect, our opinion should be the only one to matter. Based on how long we have been here the more valid our opinion is

We are the master race on Thaivisa, i am happy you finally acknowledge this fact. Maybe once you can join this brotherhood of men and woman. We are so much above you and others that we get dizzy looking down on you guys.

Bow before us... respect us.

biggrin.png Most amusing.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally the Blether understands and respects us real Thaivisa posters. Because we live here we have a higher status as people on holidays. We need to be treated with respect, our opinion should be the only one to matter. Based on how long we have been here the more valid our opinion is

We are the master race on Thaivisa, i am happy you finally acknowledge this fact. Maybe once you can join this brotherhood of men and woman. We are so much above you and others that we get dizzy looking down on you guys.

I am on my knees as we speak!

Excellent - we have an opportunity for you in the Oval

Opportunity for a man with knees

SC

TV Cricket - the Team with Two Knees

Edited by StreetCowboy
  • Like 2

Is it OK for me to post on behalf of my family, so long as I don't read any of the other posts?

SC

Umm, okay but just make sure you offer a Red Fanta at the street corner shrine before you post. Ooops, too late.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Personally, I think unless you have PR, a Thai passport or work permit for Thailand ie legal status in Thailand, you dont have the right to comment on Thai issues either....so this would exclude all the OAP's who live in Thailand, chase women (well hobble after women at least), pay no taxes in the country

Hell, I pay taxes.

Only not to the revenue dept. rolleyes.gif

No Payboy ... they are not taxes ... the more commonly used term is barfines ... whistling.gif

It's a more direct form of user pays taxation. Like bib donations..

I'm only going to post in here if we can have a sub-theme where a posters relevance is directly related to his join date or number of posts.

cumulative ??

Don't you dare question me with your measly 1518 posts.

Oh, goody, I love quizzes.

OK, my hiso Thai wife and I don`t like non-residents commenting on TV because:

We hate they`re guts, they are inferior people and don`t deserve to live.

Is there a prize for the best answer?

you 'hate they're (they are) guts'! Clearly not an English teacher then, and neither am I!

I am just full of shit! TAAAA TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

I'm only going to post in here if we can have a sub-theme where a posters relevance is directly related to his join date or number of posts.

cumulative ??

Don't you dare question me with your measly 1518 posts.

Don't necron..... he's not worth it.

:)

No there's no prize. I guess we're all loosers. :rolleyes:

Well said that fella..

Think it is called the "John Terry" syndrome when you celebrate something in which you played no part.

you 'hate they're (they are) guts'! Clearly not an English teacher then, and neither am I!

I am just full of shit! TAAAA TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

and drunk as well it appears

• Like 1

I am on my knees as we speak!

Thank you for giving me the respect i well deserve to survive here among the natives. With the hardship it bring. Only my gin and tonic carry me from day to day. Educating the natives for queen and country. You short term guys and girls have no idea how it feels.

Re adjusting my monocle, by jove an other day passed among these savages who can't even produce good beer.

(i hope it was clear to everyone i was joking)

Nah It was just clear you were Dutch; you guys never really got the hang of being colonial; it's much more subtly offensive.

Thank heaven that my chambermaid Matilda who was trained in Rev Frobisher's household is here to assuage the .......

This topic seems quite quiet, perhaps many of our TV thai resident population are far too busy going about their lives in Thailand to waste their time waxing lyrical about what they will do once they get off the plane and head straight for Nana after a breakfast at Took Lae Dee.

Either that or they are with their girlfriends instead of wondering why they can get her on Skype or posting her pic all over the board and telling everyone in range about how she is different.

Perhaps they are running their businesses as opposed to offering their helpful insights from afar.

I guess we will never know.

Good post Blether! Some woman frog complained about me posting this week, thinking I was from Bali.

First I heard of it, but even if I was would it have made a difference? It actually was a pretty serious attack so I look forward to member's views on the subject.

How "Do you live in Bali?" is a complaint ? or even an attack ?

People could be from Uzbekistan or Lapland here I could not care less

I think its important not to discriminate against your geographical location here on thaivisa, as I think everyone is equally full of shit. everyone.

We live in a world where 99% of the people you meet are full of shit. It just is. It’s not up for debate, it’s not a scientific fact, it just is. I think this is the case for several reasons, but the most logical one is as follows: We all want to be thought of as “The nice guy” on thaivisa with a few exceptions (Bendix) Ironically, by doing this, we usually come across as full of shit, as opposed to the nice guy. If we play the nice guy role in the beginning “PM me! Happy to help!” Or “Let’s meet and be friends!” and then never follow up, or cancel plans, or never answer the resulting email, not only are we blowing our “nice guy” persona, but then we’re proven as even worse than a “not nice guy,” we’re proven to be full of shit. At least if you’re not nice and honest, like myself, you’re true. But being nice on the surface and never returning the PM moves you from “nice” to “not nice” to “full of shit.” And that’s the worst place to be.

Others are full of shit because they only look out for themselves, feel the need to attempt to win by taking everyone else down (Bendix) thumbsup.gif , or simply put, just don’t care. Whatever the reason, just look around – there’s no doubt we’re living in a world full of people who are just full of shit. I’m on a train as I write this, and the guy next to me just got off his phone with a “OK, you too – we have to get together, no doubt, I’ll call you!” He hangs up, and under his breath, as he’s shaking his head, he mutters, “dick.”

So if that’s the case, there’s one really useful thing you can take out of it. If everyone is full of shit, it’s never been easier to be at the top of your game and own the playing field. Think about it – It’s the same logic as the kinda-thin girl who hangs out with fat girls – By comparison, she looks hot. If everyone else spends their time disappointing everyone else, all you have to do is rise 1% above the other members on here (Bendix) , and you win it all.

Congratulations, you are all tv members and are equally full of shit. Except the ones that ar'nt. you know who you are. giggle.gif

good to see that you are working through your issues.

Whilst i am rather enjoying this thread it does appear that its the members that don't actually live here that seem to be a bit hung up on the issue and their posts generally seem to reflect this.. Afterall, its only a few thai residents that seem to object to their participation on this forum.

Personally if you have something interesting to say then i couldn't care less where you live. Neither should you so stop trying to put up such a vigorous defense of yourselves and ignore them.

wai.gif

Whilst i am rather enjoying this thread it does appear that its the members that don't actually live here that seem to be a bit hung up on the issue and their posts generally seem to reflect this.. Afterall, its only a few thai residents that seem to object to their participation on this forum.

Personally if you have something interesting to say then i couldn't care less where you live. Neither should you so stop trying to put up such a vigorous defense of yourselves and ignore them.

wai.gif

I really don't care about it in general, but when people who have just been here for holidays are trying to lecture those who have lived here for a while on how Thai culture or Thai thinking works i do scratch my head a bit. On the other hand, they might have loads more information then me about sites that i never visited in Thailand.

As for the culture thing, i think that also varies where you are and how you act yourself. But i still doubt that a holiday goer can have the same insights as someone who lives here. Time does count for something on that front.

Though experiences even among expats can totally vary because of the people they hang out with and the location they live plus how they behave themselves.

• Like 1

I have no qualms in contributing to TV at all. I have spent many years living in Thailand, my father lives in Thailand and I am in the main a very frequent visitor to the country.

I do feel that non residents with are in touch with Thailand on a regular basis can offer more of an impartial view on many aspects.

I have stronger feelings about ex pats dissing their country of origin but thats another story altogether...

The trouble is that there's so many myths around that it's often quiet difficult to tell fact from fiction, it must be an absolute nightmare for the average newbie. So yes, there is an argument in favour of listening to the advice of the longer term resident, over and above the newbie, having said that, nobody gets it all right 100% of the time.

• Like 1

The trouble is that there's so many myths around that it's often quiet difficult to tell fact from fiction, it must be an absolute nightmare for the average newbie. So yes, there is an argument in favour of listening to the advice of the longer term resident, over and above the newbie, having said that, nobody gets it all right 100% of the time.

They call me nobody tongue.png

• Like 1

They call me nobody tongue.png

Fire at will they said except will's getting pretty sick of it all!

I have sat and listened to my Dad converse to "newbies"...whistling.gif well its interesting hearing things as seen through his eyesbiggrin.png .. a large proportion of it is total b****ks but of course he knows bestcoffee1.gif .

I have sat and listened to my Dad converse to "newbies"...whistling.gif well its interesting hearing things as seen through his eyesbiggrin.png .. a large proportion of it is total b****ks but of course he knows bestcoffee1.gif .

How about an example! This could be interesting, as what is a loads of #$%&* to one is common sense to another.

Like i said before , even expats get it wrong just depends what group of people you associate with and where you live how he behaves.

If he is an older guy going after bar girls, he will have an different view of Thais then me, younger and associating with "normal" Thais from BKK. Everyone will have a different view of Thailand though many things will be the same.

How about an example! This could be interesting, as what is a loads of #$%&* to one is common sense to another.

Have you got all daybiggrin.png ?

Hey I love my old man, but anything from Immigration to Thai culture... its the separating fact from fiction I sometimes have a hard job to swallow lol.

His interpretation of situations.... yes thats it... which really isnt any big shakes but on serious issues like Wills, Thai law etc I find its better to deal with facts not his facts rolleyes.gif