A Thread For Thai Residents Only........

theblether

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i for one, dont mind who posts, if it wasnt for people posting there wouldnt be a thaivisa after all

Confucius say : No shit sherlock.

its rare to encounter someone on the board with such a firm grasp of the obvious.

we cant all be as clever as you 2 now can we,,,

ide love to meet some of you lot in person i really would,

there we differ, i have little to no interest meeting you or anyone from round hereabouts

youve got me here,

i dont know were i fit in,??? i live in los, but i still go to the uk to work when i get offerd good jobs, im in scotland at the moment, im regesterd with the british tax office as living in thailand,,,,lol,,,

so youve got me can i post or not???

never mind i like reading all the posts of interest, and all the posts of men loosing there money to a girl they fell in love with after 6 hours, its grea, keep the posts coming boys i love a good laugh

jake

Hey pigeonjake ... down in the Farming Forum ... you are always welcome ... did you get those Prawns you were looking for yet?

there we differ, i have little to no interest meeting you or anyone from round hereabouts

post-104736-0-17101500-1338973544_thumb.

This is a Community which you walk around in, chat, engage, argue ... but never feel part of it?

This is a Community which you walk around in, chat, engage, argue ... but never feel part of it?

David, I did not say that. I simply stated i have no desire to meet people from ThaiVIsa. None.

I am sure i am not alone in that.

David, I did not say that. I simply stated i have no desire to meet people from ThaiVIsa. None.

I tend to agree. But there are a couple of TV members I feel I could gel with.. the old women fraternity I can find quite easily down the market!

Edited by edwinclapham
  • Like 1

I tend to agree. But there are a couple of TV members I feel I could gel with.. the old women fraternity I can find quite easily down the market!

that's just it. I'm sure i have encountered many of our erstwhile members while going about the things i go about. I always suspected that fellow with the chang having a beer with the motorcycle taxi boys was a member, as were some of those 300 pounders having lunch at sunrise tacos.

its pretty obvious who is in town with the wife for their tri-annual camel trophy and cheese purchase, likewise are those who just got off a plane for their 2 weeks of bliss and balloon chasing.

I have known fellow members in offices i have worked, but thankfully that is in the past.

Living where i do, i realize many members must frequent my soi from restaurant reviews, and one individual actually claimed that the khao man gai lady outside my gate ripped him off for the price of a bottle of water. of course he tried to take it with him without paying for the deposit on the glass bottle. He was most offended that the woman would not eat the expense.

I get to read about people who put their purchases on the floor and leave to protest queue infractions, and witness discussions about where you can work all day on the internet for the price of a single cup of coffee.

there is the odd poster who i get a kick out of, but why would i want to jeopardize my impressions by meeting them?

Edited by nocturn
  • Like 2

I'm sure i have encountered many of our erstwhile members while going about the things i go about. I always suspected that fellow with the chang having a beer with the motorcycle taxi boys was a member, as were some of those 300 pounders having lunch at sunrise tacos.

its pretty obvious who is in town with the wife for their tri-annual camel trophy and cheese purchase, likewise are those who just got off a plane for their 2 weeks of bliss and balloon chasing.

I have known fellow members in offices i have worked, but thankfully that is in the past.

Living where i do, i realize many members must frequent my soi from restaurant reviews, and one individual actually claimed that the khao man gai lady outside my gate ripped him off for the price of a bottle of water. of course he tried to take it with him without paying for the deposit on the glass bottle. He was most offended that the woman would not eat the expense.

I get to read about people who put their purchases on the floor and leave to protest queue infractions, and witness discussions about where you can work all day on the internet for the price of a single cup of coffee.

there is the odd poster who i get a kick out of, but why would i want to jeopardize my impressions by meeting them?

There you have it nocturn ... you have done this thread proud ... thumbsup.gif

I did snip what nocturn was replying to as this members comments are essentially a stand alone, rather then replying to a previous quote.

Edited by David48

Bugger...not only did that post not delete like I thought it did....but it multiplied.

And its past its edit date.

"Bugger" indeed

Now he's put his foot in it

This is getting really depraved!

Bugger...not only did that post not delete like I thought it did....but it multiplied.

And its past its edit date.

"Bugger" indeed

Now he's put his foot in it

Isn't that word a tad borderline? I'm gonna play on the safe side....whistling.gif

Good post Blether! Some woman frog complained about me posting this week, thinking I was from Bali.

First I heard of it, but even if I was would it have made a difference? It actually was a pretty serious attack so I look forward to member's views on the subject.

How "Do you live in Bali?" is a complaint ? or even an attack ?

People could be from Uzbekistan or Lapland here I could not care less

I think its important not to discriminate against your geographical location here on thaivisa, as I think everyone is equally full of shit. everyone.

We live in a world where 99% of the people you meet are full of shit. It just is. It’s not up for debate, it’s not a scientific fact, it just is. I think this is the case for several reasons, but the most logical one is as follows: We all want to be thought of as “The nice guy” on thaivisa with a few exceptions (Bendix) Ironically, by doing this, we usually come across as full of shit, as opposed to the nice guy. If we play the nice guy role in the beginning “PM me! Happy to help!” Or “Let’s meet and be friends!” and then never follow up, or cancel plans, or never answer the resulting email, not only are we blowing our “nice guy” persona, but then we’re proven as even worse than a “not nice guy,” we’re proven to be full of shit. At least if you’re not nice and honest, like myself, you’re true. But being nice on the surface and never returning the PM moves you from “nice” to “not nice” to “full of shit.” And that’s the worst place to be.

Others are full of shit because they only look out for themselves, feel the need to attempt to win by taking everyone else down (Bendix) thumbsup.gif , or simply put, just don’t care. Whatever the reason, just look around – there’s no doubt we’re living in a world full of people who are just full of shit. I’m on a train as I write this, and the guy next to me just got off his phone with a “OK, you too – we have to get together, no doubt, I’ll call you!” He hangs up, and under his breath, as he’s shaking his head, he mutters, “dick.”

So if that’s the case, there’s one really useful thing you can take out of it. If everyone is full of shit, it’s never been easier to be at the top of your game and own the playing field. Think about it – It’s the same logic as the kinda-thin girl who hangs out with fat girls – By comparison, she looks hot. If everyone else spends their time disappointing everyone else, all you have to do is rise 1% above the other members on here (Bendix) , and you win it all.

Congratulations, you are all tv members and are equally full of shit. Except the ones that ar'nt. you know who you are. giggle.gif

good to see that you are working through your issues.

I don't get it

I was in Paris two 2 years ago.

I am in BKK now

I'm still the same person

What suddenly makes me legit to post on tv ?

People that are anticipating a move to Thailand

Notifications

Tourists

Residents

50/50 Residents

People with an obvious interest in Thailand

The list is endless, we are all eligible to be TV members...

There is/should be no discrimination biggrin.png

Notifications

Tourists

Residents

50/50 Residents

There is (rightly in my opinion) discrimination against previously banned members

I think there should also be discrimination against keyboard-turrets-syndrome sufferers

• Like 1

Notifications

Tourists

Residents

50/50 Residents

There is (rightly in my opinion) discrimination against previously banned members

I think there should also be discrimination against keyboard-turrets-syndrome sufferers

We all know what you want to be when you grow up. rolleyes.giflaugh.png

Notifications

Tourists

Residents

50/50 Residents

What is this discrimination you speak of exactly ??

I don't get it

I was in Paris two 2 years ago.

I am in BKK now

I'm still the same person

What suddenly makes me legit to post on tv ?

You might know a little bit more about Thailand, and On Nut in particular, now

SC

Sorry lads! I'll away back home now...