New York Deli Now Open In Jomtien

ericg1953

I heard Deli-zza is coming back in some form, any word on where or when?

I got this info from another forum. It is not my info but I think the source is reliable:

YES! It is coming back.

Same location. Perhaps in a month or so.

For NOW, you can go there between 1pm and 5 pm and get pastrami or corned beef sandwiches (exactly what you'd want) or can even get the meats to go in vacuum packs.

Sorry for this new place near Dongtan, for expats, it would be hard to compete with the meats from Deli-zza. But that new place is clearly targeted to tourists anyway, so I wish them luck in their business endeavors.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stopped by the New York Deli yesterday for lunch.

The place looks brand new, nicely done & a charming young lady took my order. Someones putting in a nice effort here.

I ordered the Pastrami sandwich that comes with a pickle and potato chips.

They don't pile the meat high like Dellizza but it was enough for a tasty light lunch & a good value for 110Bt.

I didn't inquire where they get the deli meats but will ask next time.

The location makes for great people watching too.

Give them a try. You'll be glad you did.

Sounds like a very good write up about the place from a trusted source,hey for 110 baht you could have two jingthing and the meat sounds good also!! ;-0

You could ask for the menu.

To be clear, what was so great about Deli-zza deli sandwiches was certainly not only the portion, which was appropriately large, but also of course about the remarkable QUALITY and FLAVOR of their deli meats.

John at Dellizza only serves up perfection at a premium price. He's the Steve Jobs of sandwiches.

Sometimes I didn't stop at Dellizza because the sandwiches were too large. Just not that hungry in this heat.

They could use less meat, charge about 200Bt. and I would probably eat there more often.

I heard Deli-zza is coming back in some form, any word on where or when?

I got this info from another forum. It is not my info but I think the source is reliable:

For NOW, you can go there between 1pm and 5 pm and get pastrami or corned beef sandwiches (exactly what you'd want) or can even get the meats to go in vacuum packs.

Really? Everyday? I will check it out if I can make it between those times.

I gave it another shot today and ordered corned beef, swiss, sauerkraut on rye.

Again, very tasty but the meat portion was miniscule.

This guy could buy a sandwich from Dellizza and break it down into about 10 portions.

But it was still delicious...more of a swiss on rye with a tad of corned beef.

I gave it another shot today and ordered corned beef, swiss, sauerkraut on rye.

Again, very tasty but the meat portion was miniscule.

This guy could buy a sandwich from Dellizza and break it down into about 10 portions.

But it was still delicious...more of a swiss on rye with a tad of corned beef.

Makes sense at his price point. There needs to be a profit and it was obvious the first time I viewed their menu, there was no way they could possibly offer something comparable to Deli-zza at their prices. Doesn't mean there isn't a market for his products though, especially the tourist beach crowd. Edited by Jingthing

A sandwich is not necessarily a deli sandwich. Anyone from New York or Montreal knows what I'm referring to. Just like donut shaped bread doesn't make it a bagel neither does selling cold cuts and bread out of a themed restaurant make it a deli.

• Like 1

A sandwich is not necessarily a deli sandwich. Anyone from New York or Montreal knows what I'm referring to. Just like donut shaped bread doesn't make it a bagel neither does selling cold cuts and bread out of a themed restaurant make it a deli.

All l want is a BigMac or 3 but l have to get on a plane to get it (Or 3). sad.png

All l want is a BigMac or 3 but l have to get on a plane to get it (Or 3). sad.png

There are plenty of McDonalds around town. I'm sure they will sell you as many BigMacs as you desire.

There are plenty of McDonalds around town. I'm sure they will sell you as many BigMacs as you desire.

Not where l am. sad.png

Not where l am. sad.png

Then perhaps you are posting your wishes in the wrong forum. This is the pattaya forum. Maybe you should start a thread in the forum where you are and get folks behind the idea of having a McDonalds opened up instead of hijacking a pattaya thread about NY Style Deli's.

What a spoil sport, am l not welcome your end ? bah.gif

Of course you are.. wanna join me for a deli sandwich at delizaa? I'm been wanting to check them out and would love for you to join me. :)

What a spoil sport, am l not welcome your end ? bah.gif

Of course you are.. wanna join me for a deli sandwich at delizaa? I'm been wanting to check them out and would love for you to join me. smile.png

If l ever get down there, your on. smile.png

I can confirm that Delizza is now generally open between 12 mid-day and 5 pm, serving their deli sandwiches with all the gubbins. These are unquestionably the best I've tasted outside New York.

• Like 2

being and english man i know what a door step sandwich is, could someone explain to me what a deli sandwich is

Youse guys call corned beef -- salt beef. That kind of food. Eastern European style Jewish sandwiches. Breads such as rye bread or pumpernickel. New York Deli -- Jewish Deli, the same thing. Edited by Jingthing

being and english man i know what a door step sandwich is, could someone explain to me what a deli sandwich is

Youse guys call corned beef -- salt beef. That kind of food. Eastern European style Jewish sandwiches. Breads such as rye bread or pumpernickel. New York Deli -- Jewish Deli, the same thing.

Hmmm, my Catholic chums had small piece of bread and a taste of red wine. Then, all to McD's. Yummmmmmmmmy. biggrin.png

Youse guys call corned beef -- salt beef. That kind of food. Eastern European style Jewish sandwiches. Breads such as rye bread or pumpernickel. New York Deli -- Jewish Deli, the same thing.

Hmmm, my Catholic chums had small piece of bread and a taste of red wine. Then, all to McD's. Yummmmmmmmmy. biggrin.png

Not sure that is relevant.

Not sure that is relevant.

Your right. It's not. And l am not Catholic, taboot. Sorry. .smile.png

I can confirm that Delizza is now generally open between 12 mid-day and 5 pm, serving their deli sandwiches with all the gubbins. These are unquestionably the best I've tasted outside New York.

Can someone remind me of the location again, I never made it there the last time it was open.

You are right on the pizza count. As good as their sandwiches are, their pizza was very blah.

I thought the in-house made Italian sausage on their cheesy pizzas was excellent. I agree their pizzas weren't as good as their sandwiches but still quite good. Of course, the deli sandwiches are the core feature, yes.

Would someone be so kind as to post accurate location details for delizza.

Thanks.

Off Jomtien beach road between Soi 8 and 9

It's at Soi Casa Jomtien.

Look for Casa Jomtien.

You walk past a security guard. Not sure about driving in.

Once past the guard post, it's on your left.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1